What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

19 hours ago, huntersh2 said:

See theirs is higher then mine..mine was 800 H4, 400 H6 and 400 H7,  so it is different for diff prices paid

This was for a March 10 cruise.  I was sailaway and two others replied and picked their room.  They both had the same price starting point on offers.  It didn't matter that they paid more.

I am on the 3/10 getaway cruise, bidding on H5 and H9 from mini-suite balcony. Bid $800 for each, which shows border of poor-fair. Just saw that Haven pricing was reduced $500 recently. The H6 and H7 are mostly sold but my 2 categories have 50 and 75% available cabins left. With only 2 weeks till sailing, hoping to get one of those!!!

We have sailed on 7 and 11 day cruises and are soon booking a 5 day.  Does the bid minimum and range change for a 5 day?  We saw a difference in the 7-11 day so wondered if the various lengths make any difference in the bid ranges.

Thanks for any info!

On 2/23/2019 at 10:04 PM, ceilidh1 said:

OK - this makes far more sense! I have to say, even though I booked into a Haven this trip I doubt I would ever be able to afford it again. Not sure why, but the cabin we snagged (H8 on Bliss) was priced reasonably (for Haven) and we only paid $1600 per person for it outright - this got us all the perks, other than free airfare that wasn't offered from my city. Now I look at my sailing and the lowest category available is over $3000 per person! No way would I pay that! If I get the opportunity, I would likely put in a bid for a 2 bedroom but probably not for any of the other Haven rooms...

Wonder how you got it this cheap.  I want one Haha. You think it was because a new ship? Maybe before its first sail or something like that? Thanks 

28 minutes ago, huntersh2 said:

Wonder how you got it this cheap.  I want one Haha. You think it was because a new ship? Maybe before its first sail or something like that? Thanks 

No - this is the sailing this October so definitely not new any more. No idea why it was that price - I jumped on it as soon as it came up and got the last room in that category. Now the Haven rooms are double that price on the same sailing...

At the time I booked, there was some weird stuff with the website - the 2 bedrooms were priced as some of the lowest Haven rooms but when you went through to book, the actual room assigned was a courtyard penthouse not a 2 bedroom. I tried several times and even called, only to be told that the website was glitching (not sure how many people booked what they thought was a 2 bedroom and haven't noticed yet).

Sailing on the Breakaway, May 19th in a mid ship balcony. When can I expect to receive an upgrade offer? Also, I know NCL says that not everyone gets one, any ideas on how likely it is we get one based on the cruise we're on? Thanks in advance!

Edited by NY1sttimers

41 minutes ago, NY1sttimers said:

Sailing on the Breakaway, May 19th in a mid ship balcony. When can I expect to receive an upgrade offer? Also, I know NCL says that not everyone gets one, any ideas on how likely it is we get one based on the cruise we're on? Thanks in advance!

80 days out is when upgrade offers usually become available. If you don't receive an email, log into My NCL and check for a banner on the main page or a message in the Message Center.

33 minutes ago, Kingstonmom111 said:

Hi folks,

i got an email for an upgrade request a month ago for Bliss, March 9.

Haven shows sold out.

I Bid anyway - hoping that someone cancels last minute.

Has anyone heard anything for this sailing?

thanks 

Unless your bid is very strong you are unlikely to hear anything until 48 hrs before sailing.

3 hours ago, slugg said:

Is there a definitive, ranked/ordered list of “meta categories” somewhere? I’m in a B3 category (mid ship balcony) and trying to figure out what I could eventually expect to be able to bid on. Thanks 🙂

If you're in a standard balcony cabin, the only higher categories will spa balcony, mini-suite, spa mini-suite and the various Haven categories.  The exact category list depends on your ship.  What ship are you sailing?

6 hours ago, Ella2 said:

If you're in a standard balcony cabin, the only higher categories will spa balcony, mini-suite, spa mini-suite and the various Haven categories.  The exact category list depends on your ship.  What ship are you sailing?

My upgrade offer finally got updated, so I was able to see and bid on my options. I’m on the Breakaway.

I’m more than happy with my balcony (hell, I’m happy with interior!), so I’m fine if my bids aren’t accepted. I went ahead and bid minimums on the cheapest Haven rooms. 

I did notice that the Haven Spa room does not say it has access to the Haven Courtyard. That’s kind of lame! But hey, I’ll still take it. 😉

Edited by slugg

35 minutes ago, slugg said:

My upgrade offer finally got updated, so I was able to see and bid on my options. I’m on the Breakaway.

I’m more than happy with my balcony (hell, I’m happy with interior!), so I’m fine if my bids aren’t accepted. I went ahead and bid minimums on the cheapest Haven rooms. 

I did notice that the Haven Spa room does not say it has access to the Haven Courtyard. That’s kind of lame! But hey, I’ll still take it. 😉

What sailing of the breakaway? We’re on May 19 out of Miami, no upgrade offers yet. We’re in a BA mid ship balcony. 

Edited by NY1sttimers

I got my upgrade request to move from an inside stateroom to a balcony stateroom for the Gem sailing on May 17th out of Boston to Bermuda. I went smack dab in the middle at $200 per person upgrade, which was considered a "fair" bid. Any thoughts on what my chances are getting it? This is for my honeymoon, so I would love to surprise my husband to be with a surprise upgrade!

2 hours ago, slugg said:

The Haven SPA does include all Haven amenities. It just isn't in the Haven proper (courtyard). Basically the same as the Forward and Aft facing Haven Penthouses.

Good luck with your bid. I placed a bid to upgrade from M9 to H9 on my upcoming cruise on the Escape. The bid was in the Low-Fair range. There are still 6 H9's available so I went low. If that changes, I might increase my bid.  

2 hours ago, BingoSlots said:

I got my upgrade request to move from an inside stateroom to a balcony stateroom for the Gem sailing on May 17th out of Boston to Bermuda. I went smack dab in the middle at $200 per person upgrade, which was considered a "fair" bid. Any thoughts on what my chances are getting it? This is for my honeymoon, so I would love to surprise my husband to be with a surprise upgrade!

You should not announce your exact bid for a  specific date/ship until the process closes or someone may see it and  bid over you.

41 minutes ago, rockfsh said:

You should not announce your exact bid for a  specific date/ship until the process closes or someone may see it and  bid over you.

In theory, that's a very good point, and a concern that I share.  However, in reality, it'd have to be some one cruising the same date, on the same ship, with a current reservation for the same room category wanting the same upgrade.  I'm sure there's lurkers out there, but the roll call for my April cruise only has about ten visitors, and they range from insides to havens already booked. 

3 hours ago, BingoSlots said:

Hi Bingo - I'm actually on the same trip as you.

Was just looking at the room difference from Inside to Balcony and saw the Sailaway Balcony is only about $300 pp difference (non-sailaway 600pp difference).  You may want to call NCL and see what they may give you for an offer if you upgrade over the phone versus bidding.  If you upgrade to non-sailaway you would also get all the free at sea perks (this ends this week I believe). 

Either way doesn't hurt to call and see what they may offer you

57 minutes ago, I need a vaca said:

Was just looking at the room difference from Inside to Balcony and saw the Sailaway Balcony is only about $300 pp difference (non-sailaway 600pp difference).  You may want to call NCL and see what they may give you for an offer if you upgrade over the phone versus bidding.  If you upgrade to non-sailaway you would also get all the free at sea perks (this ends this week I believe). 

Great! Will do that!

Hope to see you on the cruise.. cant wait!

2 hours ago, I need a vaca said:

Need a vaca. Great idea for a fellow cruiser. 

• Like 1

After obsessing over bidding for an upgrade since we booked the cruise in early January (I’ve read every response in this thread, checked Haven inventory and checked the USD/CAN exchange rate multiple times a day) I finally got the e-mail to inform us that we placed a successful bid!

We are sailing on Getaway on 3/3 and were upgraded from a mid-ship mini suite (MA) to an Aft Penthouse (H6). I bid almost halfway into fair with $1700 CDN pp (~$1310 USD).

So excited and received that the waiting is over!