Onboard account, cash? Credit card and limits for teens?

I’ve seen some say you can put a limit on a minors sea pass but it’s not adhered to which doesn’t give me much piece of mind!

I know I can check our account each evening but I’d rather be able to put a specific limit and know that it won’t be exceeded.

Can you only do this if you have a cash account or does it also apply to credit cards?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can put a limit on any onboard account, arrange with Guest Services. However, double check with them whether the limit applies to the arcade. I've read that some ships cannot limit arcade charges.

Or better yet, tell them that whatever they spend over the limit comes out of their savings accounts, or out of their allowance if they have one. Or must otherwise be paid back.

I can use my phone to transfer money out of my kid's accounts in to mine in about 10 seconds, and they are well aware.

Or better yet, tell them that whatever they spend over the limit comes out of their savings accounts, or out of their allowance if they have one. Or must otherwise be paid back.

I can use my phone to transfer money out of my kid's accounts in to mine in about 10 seconds, and they are well aware.

This was our method.

I don't recall it being a big deal with my teens lastDecember. We told them what they had tospend and they managed to stay pretty close. I don't recall if we set up a spending limit or not. I sort of remember they had an amount ofshipboard credit attached to their cards but no other credit available just incase. I wouldn't call my kids super conscientiousor responsible and they didn't have any problem not over spending. Plus my son loves Arcades and he didn't even like the one on the ship...which helped.