A small tip... don’t panic

SoBaycruiser

As a first timer, I was in a panic when I walked into our Sojourn suite and saw European electrical plugs. I have plenty of adapters but somehow had missed in the documentation that most of the plugs are not US 110/115 electrical sockets. HOWEVER, I quickly found it was no problem. Our bedside tables had USB ports (2 on one side and 1 on the other) so that kept the 2 iPhones and an iPad charged. I also discovered there is a US 110 plug at the dressing table. So if you bring your own personal hair devices, you have a plug there. If there is anything else that needs charging which doesn’t use a USB port, there is one more plug on the lower side of the TV cabinet.

So don’t panic like I did. You should be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our bedside tables had USB ports (2 on one side and 1 on the other) so that kept the 2 iPhones and an iPad charged. I also discovered there is a US 110 plug at the dressing table. So if you bring your own personal hair devices, you have a plug there. If there is anything else that needs charging which doesn’t use a USB port, there is one more plug on the lower side of the TV cabinet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Note I asked about this recently, expecting that Seabourn's new build ships would have USB charging ports and possibly an entertainment system with available inputs and was surprised that they didn't. If I recall on that thread, only the Soujourn was recently retrofitted with USB ports, the other ships don't have them and the new build, inexplicably, was designed without them either.

there is a US 110 plug at the dressing table.

Thank you for these specifics! Do you recall if there is a 220v outlet at the dressing table too? Trying to figure out which hair appliance to bring - on cruises I often bring my european curling iron to free up US outlets for electronics.....

Seabourn caters for International clientele so they have both European and American outlets. I guess one good thing being Australian, I always know to travel with converters so we are prepared, as nowhere else caters for our electrical devices.

Seabourn caters for International clientele so they have both European and American outlets. I guess one good thing being Australian, I always know to travel with converters so we are prepared, as nowhere else caters for our electrical devices.

+1 So true.

We have found that the points were equally between US and Europe but being in the UK none of them fits so we always have to bring adaptors .They usually can find one if you forget ask your stewardess.:D

We have found that the points were equally between US and Europe but being in the UK none of them fits so we always have to bring adaptors .They usually can find one if you forget ask your stewardess.:D

I think on the O class ships there is actually one more Europe point than US, the one in the cupboard where the mini bar is? May be wrong on this.

But same as you, UK based therefore none fit so I have to bring adaptors, usually three.

The USB points that were installed at the side of the bed during the Sojourn dry dock in December 2017 did prove very useful, however I'm not sure that the other O class ships are fitted with those yet so for anyone cruising on Quest or Odyssey best not to assume they have them until someone confirms.

And indeed, if the worst comes to the worst you can ask your stewardess or at Seabourn Square and they'll find one or two for you.

“I think on the O class ships there is actually one more Europe point than US, the one in the cupboard where the mini bar is? May be wrong on this.”

You are not wrong. It’s the one we use. Plug in the adapter, then our Apple USB charger block. Then feed the USB cord up to the glass shelf above the bar where we charge our iPhones and iPads without the risk of dousing them with vodka and tonic.

Thank you for these specifics! Do you recall if there is a 220v outlet at the dressing table too? Trying to figure out which hair appliance to bring - on cruises I often bring my european curling iron to free up US outlets for electronics.....

Yes there are both. The hair dryer provided is 220 which is nice because it has decent power.

Thanks for this, just need to hear from someone who can confirm that Odyssey has same.

We were on the Odyssey in May of 2018, and there were no USB or power outlets of any sort near the bed. Have no idea if or when they might be added.