Help us decide- Oasis class vs older RCI ships

Easy one … oasis class all the way . for me anyway .

First cruise was voyager , we loved it , but as the ships got bigger we liked them better .

I have no trouble looking at the ocean when I want to , which is rare .

I have the same problem with the choices.... We are traveling with a 7 yo.

Navigator of the Seas - costs a bit more and is a much older ship, but it goes to ABC islands, which are dreamy. We absolutely fell in love with Bonaire and Aruba, and Curacao was nice. We were on the Navigator when it was much younger many years ago.

Allure of the Seas has a kids sale free promotion right now, is much newer, but it's going to boring destinations we are tired of. And our friends told us that due to a sheer amount of passengers on the ship, there are lines everywhere, even to the buffet.

ok, so we made a decision and went with Allure. In the end the Allure fare for the 3 of us ended up much lower than the Navigator. Plus, we've never been on the RCCL's bigger ships, so we are looking forward to exploring.

DH will breathe easier on a newer ship. Literally.

Got the KSF promotion which didn't apply to Navigator sailing just a couple of days earlier.

I agree. I love to see the water when I’m walking through the ship. On Oasis, you can’t see the water except from your balcony and a limited number of other locations.

When Oasis first came out, they used to advertise “you won’t feel like you’re on a cruise”. When I’m on a cruise, I want to feel like I’m on a cruise.

We just got off the Harmony and that was the one thing we noticed was other than our balcony or when we were on the pool deck, we never saw the ocean! I couldn't imagine how the people who didn't have an oceanview balcony felt. I'm not sure about food and entertainment on Adventure, but Harmony was nothing to write home about.

This would be a simple decision for me. They are both great ships, I would not be disappointed to cruise on either one of them. I would use itinerary and price to make my decision. If Adventure is lower price with an extra day I would go for it. The ABC islands are one of the best itineraries in the Caribbean in my opinion.

You can not go wrong with either choice.

I have the same problem with the choices.... We are traveling with a 7 yo.

ok, so we made a decision and went with Allure.

I feel you made a wise choice. You chose to make the ship the destination instead of the ports.

Do the ABC's when your child is older (ie. a teen)... I feel there is not much right at the ports that is easy to do with a 7 yr old, you need to get away from the ports to truly appreciate and see all three ABC's. Taking a bus for 5 mins to a local beach in front a bunch of resorts is not "seeing" these islands in my sincere and humble opinion. You can do that in Florida or your local beach anytime you wish for much cheaper and much less time traveled. ABC's are amazing, but only if you get away from the port and resort areas.

Voyager class ships have a view of the ocean from most public places

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Beachammo... you're experienced with RCL ships so I'm really surprised by this comment. I feel that this is incorrect (maybe you were speaking of Radiance Class in error?). There are very little views from public spaces on Voyager/Freedom unless you are top deck... everywhere else inside they are inner focused.

Go for the Adventure because of itinerary. Curacao is great with a Dutch flair. Aruba is nice and they have cactus too.

Save the next cruise for Symphony which is similar to Harmony ( ya know the pink slide). But to answer your question, always go for a new itinerary when you can. See as many new places first.

Beachammo... you're experienced with RCL ships so I'm really surprised by this comment. I feel that this is incorrect (maybe you were speaking of Radiance Class in error?). There are very little views from public spaces on Voyager/Freedom unless you are top deck... everywhere else inside they are inner focused.

Anywhere outside of the promenade has good views. I guess I spend a lot of time in the Schooner bar.....

Radiance is even better.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk