BEWARE of the fish.

code_d

I think you are overreacting. My wife and I both did this and we loved it. Our toe nails are still intact. A million people do this and you find one article where one person gets a toenail infection, good research.

OK, did a little research and here are the reasons they were banned. Probably won't do it again. It seems most of the states banned them for sanitary reasons and using the wrong kind of fish

Here you go:

Why have some states banned the use of fish pedicures?

Each state has the authority to ban fish pedicures. Currently, over 10 states have banned the use of fish pedicures.

Most of the bans are based on at least one of the following reasons:

• The fish pedicure tubs cannot be sufficiently cleaned between customers when the fish are present.
  • The fish themselves cannot be disinfected or sanitized between customers. Due to the cost of the fish, salon owners are likely to use the same fish multiple times with different customers, which increases the risk of spreading infection.
  • Chinese Chinchin, another species of fish that is often mislabeled as Garra rufa and used in fish pedicures, grows teeth and can draw blood, increasing the risk of infection.
  • According to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Garra rufa could pose a threat to native plant and animal life if released into the wild because the fish is not native to the United States.
  • Fish pedicures do not meet the legal definition of a pedicure.
  • Regulations specifying that fish at a salon must be contained in an aquarium.
  • The fish must be starved to eat skin, which might be considered animal cruelty.

I think you are overreacting. My wife and I both did this and we loved it. Our toe nails are still intact. A million people do this and you find one article where one person gets a toenail infection, good research.

Not reacting at all. Was just an fyi for folks to make their own decisions.

Common sense says having a creature eat your flesh may be slightly less than sanitary- especially when they poo in the water your feet are in.

Eating dead cells that are going to fall off anyway is not exactly eating flesh. Flesh to me refers to living cells.

OTOH, the fish are probably less than pleased with all the toe cheese surrounding them.

And then...

OK, did a little research and here are the reasons they were banned. Probably won't do it again. It seems most of the states banned them for sanitary reasons and using the wrong kind of fish
Today's word, boys and girls, is backpedal.

And then...

Today's word, boys and girls, is backpedal.

Today's word is research, don't be a jerk. I made a comment that my wife and I enjoyed the experience. After reading about the practice I learned some facts I was not aware of. It appears you search for my posts just to make negative comments. I guess that's called organized chaos

Today's word is research, don't be a jerk. I made a comment that my wife and I enjoyed the experience. After reading about the practice I learned some facts I was not aware of. It appears you search for my posts just to make negative comments. I guess that's called organized chaos
Telling someone not to be a jerk is quite ironic considering your first post to the OP was being a jerk (accusing them of overreacting) followed by your rude, sarcastic "good research" comment. There's no need to go looking for your posts. You have a habit of posting misinformation, then pretending it didn't happen when you're proven wrong, and also being rude to people, then playing the victim when you're called out. I simply don't have a problem calling someone out for that kind of behavior on here because it's uncalled for.