RCI Upgrade/Upsell

Here's what it said in the email I got regarding a potential upgrade/upsell for my cruise last month:

Dear Guest,

Hope you’re excited about your upcoming cruise! We wanted to share a quick update on your opt in for a potential stateroom upgrade.

If an upgrade becomes available, we will call you right away to secure your ideal stateroom. Please be on the lookout for a call from our Upgrades Team in the coming days. They will call you from a number beginning with 866-562-XXXX. We want to make sure you act quickly on this limited time offer as space is limited. Should you miss our call, we’ll have to release the room to the next guest in line.

I know this has been asked before but I cant find the responses. For upgrade/upsell, if you accept it, will you lose your onboard credit? Do you lose your double C&A points if you have them? THANKS!!!

I know this has been asked before but I cant find the responses. For upgrade/upsell, if you accept it, will you lose your onboard credit? Do you lose your double C&A points if you have them? THANKS!!!

If you already are in a stateroom that will get you double points, then you won't lose that by taking the upgrade or upsell.

If you already are in a stateroom that will get you double points, then you won't lose that by taking the upgrade or upsell.

Thanks Bob!!! I was always worried about that. I have read somewhere people lost their double points or didn't get double points. I can't remember which but I want to be clear just incase I get that Call :halo:

Thanks Bob!!! I was always worried about that. I have read somewhere people lost their double points or didn't get double points. I can't remember which but I want to be clear just incase I get that Call :halo:

If the pre-upsell/upgrade stateroom is not a JS or better, and you take the upsell/upgrade offer to a JS or better, then you won't get the extra points because you didn't pay the going rate for the new stateroom. However, if the pre-upgrade/upsell stateroom is already a JS or better, then you have paid the going rate for the extra points and they won't take them away if you move up.

If the pre-upsell/upgrade stateroom is not a JS or better, and you take the upsell/upgrade offer to a JS or better, then you won't get the extra points because you didn't pay the going rate for the new stateroom. However, if the pre-upgrade/upsell stateroom is already a JS or better, then you have paid the going rate for the extra points and they won't take them away if you move up.

AWESOME!!!!! Thanks again ...you are soooooo helpful:):)

Thanks Bob, I block most calls and did not to miss one from the marketing dept. However I'll skip the offer if no double points.

I got the call today and it was from the number rockmom said. It was upgrade to a JS and the lady said that all the rooms are suites on deck 10. We were on the port side deck 7 and now we are on the starboard. I always ask what is above us and I didn't and now I am getting nervous as I looked in my RC book and it is the Windjammer. No wonder it wasn't sold. Please set my mind at ease and tell me I didn't make a mistake. I still think for $200 and double points that I will be OK. I am going to surprise my husband but I don't want it to be a "real" surprise with a noise room.

Kay

I got the call today and it was from the number rockmom said. It was upgrade to a JS and the lady said that all the rooms are suites on deck 10. We were on the port side deck 7 and now we are on the starboard. I always ask what is above us and I didn't and now I am getting nervous as I looked in my RC book and it is the Windjammer. No wonder it wasn't sold. Please set my mind at ease and tell me I didn't make a mistake. I still think for $200 and double points that I will be OK. I am going to surprise my husband but I don't want it to be a "real" surprise with a noise room.

Kay

You don't get double points on an upsell

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

That's disappointing. Tried to make it a good sell even though we were under the Windjammer. Yikes
I took advantage of an upsell on a JS on Oasis in 2014. For me having the roomier bathroom, walk-in closet and bigger balcony was worth it, but then again, it was a couple of women traveling together. :D I just sailed on Explorer last month and our stateroom was directly under the Windjammer and we didn't hear any noise. I know it's a different class of ship, but hopefully it's not bothersome on Oasis class either. I'm on Allure next May, on deck 14 right under the Beach Pool.....pretty sure that will be noisy, but we went with it anyway.

I took advantage of an upsell on a JS on Oasis in 2014. For me having the roomier bathroom, walk-in closet and bigger balcony was worth it, but then again, it was a couple of women traveling together. :D I just sailed on Explorer last month and our stateroom was directly under the Windjammer and we didn't hear any noise. I know it's a different class of ship, but hopefully it's not bothersome on Oasis class either. I'm on Allure next May, on deck 14 right under the Beach Pool.....pretty sure that will be noisy, but we went with it anyway.

Thanks for the encouragement. This is actually Radiance in Alaska to Vancouver. We are early risers anyway so it may be just fine. Hope I am not just convincing myself :)

Thanks for the encouragement. This is actually Radiance in Alaska to Vancouver. We are early risers anyway so it may be just fine. Hope I am not just convincing myself :)
I totally think you'll be fine. Explorer was Alaska--and those itineraries are good for early risers since the sun is up so early and if you want to see the glaciers, you're out there early. Windjammer closes early, so you won't have noise from there in the evening, and like I said, we didn't hear it in the morning either, but we were up having coffee by 7 am at the latest (and on our deck looking for whales, lol)

When they called me for a (free) upgrade it was from Miami.

They called you for a freebie upgrade? What is your selection in your profile?

Mine is set to automatic upgrade. I don't get a call, email..nada..zip when I get the free upgrade. It just appears on my paper work, luggage tags, etc.

I totally think you'll be fine. Explorer was Alaska--and those itineraries are good for early risers since the sun is up so early and if you want to see the glaciers, you're out there early. Windjammer closes early, so you won't have noise from there in the evening, and like I said, we didn't hear it in the morning either, but we were up having coffee by 7 am at the latest (and on our deck looking for whales, lol)

We are doing the land portion first and leaving from Seward. We will also be ready to see what we can see from our balcony. Really excited and like you we will be ready to hit windjammer when it opens.

They called you for a freebie upgrade? What is your selection in your profile?

Mine is set to automatic upgrade. I don't get a call, email..nada..zip when I get the free upgrade. It just appears on my paper work, luggage tags, etc.

No, I got an email about a month of two ago asking me if I wanted to be put on the list for an upgrade to a JS for $200. I checked yes and thought maybe it would not happen because it has been so long but today I got the call. I don't think they looked at my profile but I had asked there too. they did say if they call and couldn't get the person they would move on to the next person on the list. So glad I was home when they called!

Where do you select your preference to be considered for an upgrade? I use mobile and cannot see it anywhere.

You have to call Crown and Anchor- that option is no longer available on the new and improved website

Where do you select your preference to be considered for an upgrade? I use mobile and cannot see it anywhere.

I've not found it since Royal's last improvement to the website. I'd call C&A to set your preference.