Upgrade to Conceirge class on resort deck or stay with angled balcony on deck 7?

Spiritedcharm

The prices have dropped for our September cruise on Equinox and I’m trying to decide if I should upgrade to a concierge class room on the resort deck (2104) or stay with the angled balcony cabin on the hump (7219). I was really excited about the larger balcony, but the foot stools in concierge class are calling my name. Plus, it may be nice to be close the pool and the buffet (for bringing food to enjoy on our balcony) in 2104. A shady balcony with a good view is one of the most important things to us, but we will probably spend a lot of time at the pool as well. Should I upgrade or stay?

Do the extra points help you? When we have gotten upgrades to Aqua or CC because of price drops after final payment we have gotten the extra two points per night. It has helped up reach Elite a bit quicker since it happened three times. Once we did give up that angled balcony to go to AQ and it was worth it for us.

This is my first time on Celebrity so the points don’t matter to me. I like the location of 2104 being closer to bars, pool, and food. I also like that there’s a public restroom close by in case hubby is hogging our bathroom . I’m trying to weigh all that against the deeper balcony. I don’t really care that it’s larger, but I do like the extra shade it seems to provide. That is the only benefit (for us) of staying in 7219

We have been in 2101; 2102 and 2105. Absolutely love the location! Never had a noise issue. It was so easy to walk up one flight to the buffet. Since we use the pool quite a bit, it’s an easy walk to the cabin. Also close to elevators for Cafe al Bacio!

Enjoy your cruise wherever you decide to stay!

We have been in 2101; 2102 and 2105. Absolutely love the location! Never had a noise issue. It was so easy to walk up one flight to the buffet. Since we use the pool quite a bit, it’s an easy walk to the cabin. Also close to elevators for Cafe al Bacio!

Enjoy your cruise wherever you decide to stay!

Good to know! How about the balcony coverage and view? We like some shade. Also, one thing I hadn’t considered before was the motion of the boat. Hubby has never been on a cruise and it’s been a long time for me. Is there a significant amount of motion that you notice on that deck?

I place more value on the big balcony than I do on footstools. The cabins are exactly the same. Thus, I book 1A cabins on the S class. They are very close to the elevators so that you can get where you're going quickly. Also, that mid-ship location will be more stable. You have to decide what is more important to you--footstools or a large balcony. Nobody can make that decision for you.

I place more value on the big balcony than I do on footstools. The cabins are exactly the same. Thus, I book 1A cabins on the S class. They are very close to the elevators so that you can get where you're going quickly. Also, that mid-ship location will be more stable. You have to decide what is more important to you--footstools or a large balcony. Nobody can make that decision for you.

I realize no one can make the decision for me - just trying to gather opinions on advantages/disadvantages of each room. I don’t understand the benefit of a larger balcony unless you have more than two people. The only advantage from my view is the additional shade. What is it you like about the size of the balcony?

I’m leaning towards 2104 more because of the location than the footstools (footstools are a bonus) and it’s not that we’re lazy in wanting to be closer bars/pool/food. If we stay on deck 7 we’ll still be taking the stairs rather than the elevator. Concierge class of 2104 also gives us the dining room for embarkation lunch which would also be a plus since I’ve heard the buffet is crowded that first day.

2104 doesn’t have the biggest balcony, but it’s good sized (yes, I’ve been in it on Equinox). You can see forward, out straight & aft. Very convenient to elevators, no noise (you’re under the carpeted area of Oceanview Cafe). One flight of stairs to Cafe, out your door & turn right for the nonsmoking side of the pool. Great cabin, you’ll enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Would you lose any Perks switching cabins? That may be the most important consideration.

That’s a great point! I understand that switching cabins after final payment could have an affect on perks that one has. I know that if we switched now we would lose one of our perks so it’s not in our best interest to switch.

I wouldn't switch but that's just me. I really don't need to be close to the pool and I REALLY don't need to be close to food - lol.

We have the same cabin, opposite side. We always book an angled cabin, many times in CC (on Celebrity). I spend a lot of time on the balcony and not really a fan of sitting in the sun. With the larger balcony I can be almost always assured of having shade and no rain. Last non angled balcony cabin we had there were many times I couldn't sit out as the sun was too hot. All depends on which way the ship is pointing and the time of day.

You can easily buy blow up footstools on Amazon that take no space in your luggage.

Like I said, we don't use the pool. Living in SW Florida that's not a draw for us.

On S class, concierge and standard veranda cabins are the same size. The added features of concierge class may add some nice features if you use them. I like the embarkation lunch in the MDR. However, the hump cabins are the most convenient. They book up quickly. Either type of cabin will be nice. Enjoy!