All we need is our Cruise Docs and Passport right?

ihrtcruise

Plus photo id. Read whats required to get thru security on ncl web site.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No...your passport is your photo ID and proof of citizenship all in one document.

You're misinterpreting what you read.

You only need a separate photo ID if you're a US citizen who is using a birth certificate as proof of citizenship.

You don't even need cruise docs. As long as you completed your online check-in and you have your US passport, you have all you need to show them. We skip the paper and have no issues. Of course, if that makes you nervous, take pix of your paper docs and have them on your phone. And always have a picture of the name page of your passport in case you lose it -- makes it easier for the embassy to help you.

Getting close and want to make sure we aren't forgetting anything - all we need to board are our Cruise Docs and Passports right? No kids with us, so don't need birth certificates right?

Ironically, you don't even need your boarding passes. On the Escape last February, as we were walking toward the terminal in Miami, I realized that I'd forgotten the boarding passes on the printer at home in Daytona Beach. I asked an NCL employee at the door if there was someplace I could reprinted them, and she said no, just go to check-in and don't worry about it.

I wouldn't recommend not bringing them, because maybe we just got lucky, but we got on board with just our passports and a credit card for cabin charges.

Getting close and want to make sure we aren't forgetting anything - all we need to board are our Cruise Docs and Passports right? No kids with us, so don't need birth certificates right?

All you really need is your passport and a credit card. The docs are nice but you can board without them. Luggage tags can be obtained from the porters at the pier.

You don't even need cruise docs. As long as you completed your online check-in and you have your US passport, you have all you need to show them. We skip the paper and have no issues. Of course, if that makes you nervous, take pix of your paper docs and have them on your phone. And always have a picture of the name page of your passport in case you lose it -- makes it easier for the embassy to help you.

Good idea, I always print a copy but that cuts down on paper clutter

I have sailed out of 4 countries - sometimes the Port Authority staff want to see your cruise documents and will make you login to your account to show them if you don't have the paper copy.

In New Zealand everyone had to have their original passport to return to the ship.

Please don't assume what is correct out of Miami, for American citizens is correct for everyone out of every port