Trip Insurance

bobs300

We are doing a world cruise on Holland America. Does anyone have a suggestion on buying trip insurance on line? I have been on Insure My Trip and Squaremouth. Neither site is helpful regarding cancelling for any reason or pre-existing condition.

Thank you - Bobs300

We always use the Trip Insurance Store and find it best to call Steve directly or one of his associates...helpful to speak to a live person....you might feel this way too.

(888) 407-3854

We booked a 2020 World Cruise with Viking Ocean a couple of months ago and could not find any online or local broker that would provide trip cancellation/interruption, for that amount almost 2 years out. Didn't even have an opportunity to discuss pre-existing conditions or limitations on cancelling.

Our only option was to accept the cruise line's insurance. Although it was probably more expensive, it does eliminate the pre-existing conditions clause, if purchased within 3 days (if memory is correct). It also includes a cancel for any reason clause.

Therefore, if you are unable to find an online or local broker you should be able to default to the HAL insurance.

Since you will be "all over the world", you might want to look into MedJetAssist (it's neither medical nor trip insurance)., which, for the cost of an annual membership per-person fee, will transport the member to the hospital of his/her choosing in the US, should they become ill or sustain an injury for which they have to be hospitalized. It's for transportation between hospitals, anywhere from more than 150 miles from home to as far as the other side of the world, either by Medical jet or by commercial flight (if your condition permits) accompanied by a medical staff member.

If you are a member of AARP, and you join thru AARP, the membership fee is discounted.

IMO, it's worth looking into. I've had a membership for several years, and fortunately have not had to use it thus far. I guess one could say it's kind of a peace-of-mind insurance.

We are doing a world cruise on Holland America. Does anyone have a suggestion on buying trip insurance on line? I have been on Insure My Trip and Squaremouth. Neither site is helpful regarding cancelling for any reason or pre-existing condition.

Thank you - Bobs300

Agree with Ashland - call and talk to Steve or one of his associates. No fuss, no muss and very helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Forums