Reservations for Shows/ Dinner

This is so confusing for a new cruiser. We were told that entertainment reservations open 45 days prior to cruising. Some comments here state 90 days before cruising. We are a group of 4 with two rooms. So they do not show on my reservations. We also were not able to get My Time Dining and the only option was 8pm. I have no idea how we can make reservations when we do not have a clue how our day is going to go especially on excursion days. Maybe I am over thinking this but at the same time we want to see as much as possible. So many questions....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

This is so confusing for a new cruiser. We were told that entertainment reservations open 45 days prior to cruising. Some comments here state 90 days before cruising. We are a group of 4 with two rooms. So they do not show on my reservations. We also were not able to get My Time Dining and the only option was 8pm. I have no idea how we can make reservations when we do not have a clue how our day is going to go especially on excursion days. Maybe I am over thinking this but at the same time we want to see as much as possible. So many questions....

You're not even within 90 days yet, so be patient. Someone on your roll call will likely shout that they are available now

You can ask to be wait listed for your dining choice

1; the reservations must be linked in order to be able to book stuff together. your TA can do this if you iused one, or call Royal directly if not.

2: there is no set time frame for when things open up online, and they may do so in stages. dining may open up 90 days out, but show reservations maybe not until 60 days out.

3: you can be put on the list for MTD, or try and switch once on board.

4: if you stick with late seating then by default you attend the headliner show before dinner. some ships do not even need reservations. and many shows are foes to just walk up to. the ice show on those ships that have it is handled differently on each ship( could be by muster station is your designated time, could be you have to get tickets) the comedy show on this ships that have a dedicated comedy lounge you did need to make reservations as the venue is small.

5: NEVER try and do everything or see every show. personally we don't even bother with any of them since we find them to be..less than Broadway quality. you will get the next days schedule the evening before while you are at dinner and the turndown service happens. take the time then to go through the Compass and decide what you want to do.

Like Spookewife said, most events can be reserved on the ship. However, if you are really really interested in the comedy show (at least on Oasis class), you might want to reserve that ahead of time because space is tight and it will most likely be full. I don't know if the reservations have to be linked, but when I booked the comedy show for our upcoming cruise (in just 3 weeks, yeah!), I just needed to know the other parties booking number and their last name. It pulled them up and I was able to add everyone to one reservation on Cruise Planner.

I think the entertainment showed up on Cruise Planner shortly after final payment was due (so a little less than 90 days out?).

1; the reservations must be linked in order to be able to book stuff together. your TA can do this if you iused one, or call Royal directly if not.

2: there is no set time frame for when things open up online, and they may do so in stages. dining may open up 90 days out, but show reservations maybe not until 60 days out.

3: you can be put on the list for MTD, or try and switch once on board.

4: if you stick with late seating then by default you attend the headliner show before dinner. some ships do not even need reservations. and many shows are foes to just walk up to. the ice show on those ships that have it is handled differently on each ship( could be by muster station is your designated time, could be you have to get tickets) the comedy show on this ships that have a dedicated comedy lounge you did need to make reservations as the venue is small.

5: NEVER try and do everything or see every show. personally we don't even bother with any of them since we find them to be..less than Broadway quality. you will get the next days schedule the evening before while you are at dinner and the turndown service happens. take the time then to go through the Compass and decide what you want to do.

biggest bunch of nonsense I've heard here in awhile. You can easily see every show. It's only 1 a day, sometimes 2 if you count non reservation shows. You plan them out and reserve. No one cares that you don't go to them

The reservations only need to be linked if you want to sit together in the MDR for early or late seating.

They do not need to be linked to book show reservations, specialty dining or shore excursions. You simply select the tab that says “select guests from another reservation” You do need to know the other guests reservation number.

Thank goodness for CC because I gotta say, the RC website really isn't all that useful to try and figure out how things work in a more specific manner. I'm not a new cruiser but first time on RC and quite frankly the website is batty. Lots of "pretty" but too little "constructive". Maybe it is because we are trying out the Oasis class ship.