New tips for this experienced cruiser.

Maybe I’m daft, but why would you need to keep a room tray for Lido? Don’t they have plenty of trays when you go get your food?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don’t think I’ve ever seen trays in the buffet on ANY cruise line.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I like the tray idea, but as for muster, is Carnival still doing outside muster drills? I thought cruise lines did away with that! But, then again, I haven’t cruised Carnival since 2007, Cruising RCCL and NCL, where we did muster in different locations, like the theater. I have 2 Carnival cruises booked, and I sure hope I’m inside, as I have issues with syncope when standing a long time, especially in the sun.

I have been revisiting the smaller ships the past few years and the muster drill has been outside. My comment about showing up last just meant not to rush. I would rather been last in and first out because I prefer not to be in the middle of the group standing in the sun. I believe the larger/newer ships might meet inside.

I have been revisiting the smaller ships the past few years and the muster drill has been outside. My comment about showing up last just meant not to rush. I would rather been last in and first out because I prefer not to be in the middle of the group standing in the sun. I believe the larger/newer ships might meet inside.

Thank you for the tip, though. If my Breeze and Magic musters are outside, I will try to be last so I’m not sandwiched in in the hot sun, or I will go down!

No...I like a good suitcase!

The clothes I bring are clean and are not ripped or torn, but have just seen better days. I just saw an old hat I used staining our fence this past spring. It is white with all kinds of brown splatter stains...looks almost artistic in a way. I have washed it and will use it on every excursion next month. Will probably leave it in a trash can in Cozumel before we board the ship.

No! No! No! Don't throw it in the trash. Give to your room steward. They so much appreciate gifts like that instead of cash. And remember...recycling begins with you.

Thank you for the tip, though. If my Breeze and Magic musters are outside, I will try to be last so I’m not sandwiched in in the hot sun, or I will go down!

Muster on both the Breeze and the Magic are held inside. On the Breeze we were in the comedy club and on the Magic in one of the conference rooms.

i bring a small battery powered candle for the bathroom, it provides a very sift light. You don't get the bright glare when you enter and then the blindness when you go back to bed.;)

Excellent Idea!!!

The ones with the timers! I'll set them (2) to start at 11:00 pm and off 5 hours later. That should cover it. Oh, I just love this idea. I have a few I use at Xmas and am so pulling this box out for my cruise in just 38 days!!

Bring Lysol wipes. Wipe down everything in the cabin and bathroom that you will be touching as soon as you enter...

Bring a 30 oz yeti or such with a lid. Use it for water, tea, coffee or what ever you prefer...

Bring a power strip without a surge protector... Only one outlet in room, on most ships.

Bring a small electric fan... This is a must have for me... :D

:hearteyes:

1. On embarkation, ignore the signs that say the staterooms are closed. Just push your way in and drop off your bags in the cabin. No one will stop you.

2. You can use the platinum line at guest services, the don’t check status.

3. Make sure to bring cute little trinkets for your cabin attendants, they will appreciate the personal touch more than an extra cash tip.

4. Bring magazines from home that you have already read. These are great for saving chairs around the pool, so you can sleep in.

5. Just kidding [emoji14]

As I’m reading this post I’m thinking “these are not very good tips” 😂😂😂

Thanks for the laugh!

They don't have tortilla chips unfortunately, but they do have the new taco salad tortilla bowls. Last cruise I asked for an empty one, broke it up and used it as chips. Worked well!

I do that too!

Speaking of Netflix, when I checked internet packages they all say Netflix is blocked. Does this mean the website or also the app? If we have movies downloaded on the app can we watch them?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes this part is HUGE. If you have Netflix, you can download movies or shows while home on WiFi. Then once you are no longer on WiFi, you can watch them. If you have a lot of storage, you can download multiple movies or shows on multiple devices, as long as the licenses are updated recently, you can watch them while on airplane mode or without internet. This worked out great when I was flying recently, I had about 5 movies stored on my iPad and plan to do the same for my upcoming cruise. Just make sure they download all the way before you leave home.

Breeze was inside when we went in 2016. Freedom was outside in 2017 and valor outside in 2017. If you are disabled or need to be inside for medical reasons, they will accommodate you. I saw them offer to take small children inside during muster on my last cruise. It is difficult for a lot of people so they try to accommodate.

1. On embarkation, ignore the signs that say the staterooms are closed. Just push your way in and drop off your bags in the cabin. No one will stop you.

2. You can use the platinum line at guest services, the don’t check status.

3. Make sure to bring cute little trinkets for your cabin attendants, they will appreciate the personal touch more than an extra cash tip.

4. Bring magazines from home that you have already read. These are great for saving chairs around the pool, so you can sleep in.

5. Just kidding [emoji14]

I hope everyone reads ALL your suggestions. Number 5 is the best. 🤣

Hold onto a couple of wine glasses. You can carefully rinse them out. Put them in the closet with the tray from RS. Then, you don't have to pour your carried-on wine into water glasses. It looks a bit classier. :)

We do this. We can drink our (legally brought aboard) wine on our balcony and feel all the joy.

I have "gained" an extra outlet in my stateroom by using a European plug adapter (2 round pins) to fit in the 2nd outlet at the desk. All of my electronics are 110v/220v compatible, so I just plug in my phone or camera charger into the adapter - there is no need for a voltage converter. The plug adapters are only a few dollars and make charging more convenient. Just look at your chargers to ensure that they can handle both voltages.

A bonus feature is that since the European outlets don't get used as much, they are much tighter and the plug doesn't slip out.

I consider myself an experienced cruiser with 15 under my belt. I’ve recently read some tips I’ve never thought about. Like showing up last for the muster drill so you’re not the sardine in the middle of the can. Or ordering room service the first day and keeping the tray to use on lido. As a solo cruiser, this is a game changer so I don’t have to leave my food to fend for itself while I go get my teenie tiny cup of joe. Anyone else out there that’s an old dog who’s learned a new trick?

We have been doing the tray trick for years, cant be beat!

We take pool noodles for the beach. I like to just hang on them in the water. The are very bendable and cheap enough that you can just heave then if you want.

I’ve done this with rafts or rings from the dollar store. Easy to blow up and relaxing to hold on to. I just deflate them and throw them away at the end of the day. They were only $1.00!