New tips for this experienced cruiser.

With the change to the TV channels, does anyone download movies from Netflix? Any other ideas for downtime entertainment?

I also forget you can get a deck of cards from Guest Services.

What is the change to TV channels?

Buy the 5 lb pull magnets with hooks on the. for your walls. We hang hats and bags on them. Smaller hook magnets are nice to hang lanyards etc. any magnet will hold up paper daily planners etc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I bought the magnetic hooks from Home Depot that can hold up to 14lbs each. Great for hanging damp swimsuits on.

If anyone is taking their first cruise, there is a clothes line in the shower that you can use to dry your bathing suits or something you need to wash out. A few clothes pins are helpful.

Also, you are allowed to bring a small soft sided cooler. This is awesome for going ashore for a beach day. Just fill with ice and take some of the drinks you carried on or accumulated while on the ship.

This is a good posting to read of the different suggestions.

Yes, the one of being late (I know) was a joke, but I do understand where they are coming from, as they do push you close together. One thing they will do if you are LATE, they will announce your name over the speaker. If you don't mind having your name on the speaker, then that's OK, but NOT me.;)

I won't tell my husband about this;p I tried to do that with a pair of high heal shoes. I used them for formal nights and then left them in the trash basket. The room steward took them out....I put them back in and he took the out again.. I waited until the morning we left and left them on the floor. They were perfectly good shoes, the strap wouldn't stay around the back of my foot.

I thought you were going to say Carnival mailed you your shoes!!! Years ago, I took a small hardside lunch sized cooler onboard, and later I set it out with the luggage on the last night. When we were searching for our luggage at the terminal, I totally forgot about it. A couple weeks later I got a package in the mail from Carnival - it was that old, dirty, beat up cooler, packaged beautifully and mailed to my house!!! :')

1. On embarkation, ignore the signs that say the staterooms are closed. Just push your way in and drop off your bags in the cabin. No one will stop you. [emoji14]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

just in case people missed out on #5 this is the reason that they are going with the sign and sail cards in the mail boxes.

You can also ask your steward for wine glasses!

Our steward told us she did not have access to wine glasses, only water.

If anyone is taking their first cruise, there is a clothes line in the shower that you can use to dry your bathing suits or something you need to wash out. A few clothes pins are helpful.

Also, you are allowed to bring a small soft sided cooler. This is awesome for going ashore for a beach day. Just fill with ice and take some of the drinks you carried on or accumulated while on the ship.

For swimsuits, you can pull the cord through the suit before attaching - probably wouldn't work for socks though;)

Clothes pins can also help weigh down the shower curtain if necessary.

Our steward told us she did not have access to wine glasses, only water.

For swimsuits, you can pull the cord through the suit before attaching - probably wouldn't work for socks though;)

Clothes pins can also help weigh down the shower curtain if necessary.

I bring just 4 clothes pins to use on the shower pull cord. Have at least 2 suits. They all dry perfectly every other day. Leave the bath door open when not in use for better air circulation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I bring just 4 clothes pins to use on the shower pull cord. Have at least 2 suits. They all dry perfectly every other day. Leave the bath door open when not in use for better air circulation.

Again, just get wine glasses from a bar. The atrium is the easiest.

As another posted earlier, bring large baggies for sandwiches from room service or deli.

BUT I bring containers. Especially for room service chocolate cake, a Carnival thread on its own. I bring servings for the plane.

You do have to plan for your next day excursion if food is not available.

PLAN

Years ago we purchased a 3 pound collapsible picnic cooler that we always use when traveling. I know there are many newer versions out there, but note weight. Google collapsible travel picnic cooler. Store extra baggies in pockets. Fill the bags with ice from ship machines.

Also bring trash bags to line for ice melt or leakage.

This is how we travel around a few islands via golf cart rental. Snorkel at our own pace.

We learned from friends to bring Fun Size candy bars.

We handed them out to crew members, from those who wipe down railings to Guest Services, all over the ship. It was amazing how little pieces of chocolate elicited such big smiles. We even gave candy to the senior officers after the VIP party. The captain was so excited to have chocolate. (Crew has to buy treats, like candy, chips, popcorn, etc. On port days, They return to the ship with bags full of snack foods purchased at local stores.)

We also learned from the same friends to bring a battery operated tea light for the bathroom.

We turned it on at night and off in the morning. It provided just enough light to find the commode but not enough to wake us or blind us. Packages of two or three are just $1.00 at Dollar Tree.

I have never done this when I go to the beach, but is it true that we can take sandwiches etc. from the ship, put it in our beach bag, and get off the ship without any problems??? I understand taking food that is already sealed, but in a ziplock bag???

I have never done this when I go to the beach, but is it true that we can take sandwiches etc. from the ship, put it in our beach bag, and get off the ship without any problems??? I understand taking food that is already sealed, but in a ziplock bag???

Taking ziplock bags with food off the ship to eat in the port, Been there, done that. NO problems. I don't recall ever having my bag checked getting off the ship, just getting on.

Taking ziplock bags with food off the ship to eat in the port, Been there, done that. NO problems. I don't recall ever having my bag checked getting off the ship, just getting on.
We like to make sandwiches from the breakfast meats and croissants. Instead of trying to cut the croissants, just put the meat and cheese between 2, AWESOME.

I also bring a roll of plastic wrap to wrap tightly, then put all in a big baggie.

On a tour in Dominica that did not provide lunch, the people around us were quite envious when I pulled out the sandwiches, they had only brought some fruit.

I’ve read the comments from others that state they do this all the time. Now, I can’t speak for Carnival, as I have not sailed them since 2007, but while sailing NCL it states clearly that taking food off the ship is strictly prohibited.

Just to warn you about Cozumel I put sandwiches in a ziplock and when I got off they have a dog sniffing to see who has food and I was caught and very embarrassed they made me leave the sandwiches in a bin they have there. So I have not done it again. You can take cereal boxes with you and no problem. That only happen in Cozumel.

Just to warn you about Cozumel I put sandwiches in a ziplock and when I got off they have a dog sniffing to see who has food and I was caught and very embarrassed they made me leave the sandwiches in a bin they have there. So I have not done it again. You can take cereal boxes with you and no problem. That only happen in Cozumel.
I was going to mention that Cozumel is the only place we've been to that checks. It's what holds up the exit line. We never have a need for food there anyway [emoji4]

Don't try it in Cozumel at the airport either. They have the agriculture sniffing dogs there. A couple women on our flight were caught with bananas and apples, which were immediately confiscated. Then, they got taken into an office and were not yet out by the time we got our checked bags and cleared customs, so we don't know what happened to them. And they were mighty embarrassed. And of course they announce it multiple times on the ship and they announced it on the plane, but some people think the rules just don't apply to them.