On board Booking Perks?

Lady_Gamecock

I booked on board for the first time. I then talked my sister into going with us and found a substantially lower price with same perks for her. So, unless I’m missing something, booking on board really had no extra perks. Can anyone explain this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Prices change all the time. We had the opposite experience. Had booked a Celebrity September Med cruise with one of on line agencies, then checked what was being offered when we were on our October cruise for that same September Med cruises cruise. it was less, with same perks, and additional OBC. So, there are many ways it can go.

The promo's offered to all at the time are what are offered to those booking on board. So whatever perks if any are offered then - beverage package, etc. - are included with the on board booking.

The additional on board incentives typically are a reduced deposit and some amount of OBC.

As to additional perks offered when transferring to a TA, that is up to the individual TA and varies from something to nothing for receiving the booking. It has nothing to do with something additional from the cruise line with respect to the transfer.

What are the latest perks for booking onboard? We booked last Thanksgiving for this Thanksgiving and we're getting $450 OBC and Classic Beverage Packages?

We're in C2 on Equinox for 8 Days.

Thanks!

Lady_G

You will typically get a reduced deposit and additional OBC by booking on board. The amount of OBC depend on the type of room. However, the other "perks" are built into the pricing so you are really not getting them "free".

Booked a few weeks ago and got:

Reduced deposit of $100po

A extra $150 OBC (7 night cruise in AQ)

The cruise had one perk if you booked on line, TA etc so for booking on the ship we got a 2nd perk.

Got home and transferred the booking to a TA for and additional $350 refundable OBC.

So booking onboard saved us having to pay a $900 deposit, gave us a 2nd perk and $150 OBC, in my book that’s great.