CA point acceleration

Why on earth would you do this??? :confused:

If you want to "accelerate" your points, cruise solo in a junior suite or better and get three points per night.

Don't think the wife would approve my going on a cruise without her... besides, this was more an exploration of a possible loophole, not an actual suggestion. If it is essentially possible to purchase status, why not?

Don't think the wife would approve my going on a cruise without her... besides, this was more an exploration of a possible loophole, not an actual suggestion. If it is essentially possible to purchase status, why not?

If RCI decided to end the C&A program tomorrow how would you feel about the money you spent only to achieve "status"?

Book the wife in an inside across the hall, store your luggage there, and have your wife join you in the JS.

If RCI decided to end the C&A program tomorrow how would you feel about the money you spent only to achieve "status"?

If you want to achieve status, become the CEO or the captain of one of the ships.

I just received an email from Royal regarding adding us to a waiting list to upgrade to JS. It's for our upcoming 5-day Empress cruise, and we'd pay an additional $500. We said yes, please put us on the list. I seem to recall that when you are upgraded to JS you do not receive double points. Is that still true? Even if we pay an additional $500? Bob, I know you will have the answer -- thanks!

I just received an email from Royal regarding adding us to a waiting list to upgrade to JS. It's for our upcoming 5-day Empress cruise, and we'd pay an additional $500. We said yes, please put us on the list. I seem to recall that when you are upgraded to JS you do not receive double points. Is that still true? Even if we pay an additional $500? Bob, I know you will have the answer -- thanks!

Are you suppose to get double points? NO

Will you get double points? PROBABLY

They changed the rules a while back, and if you pay less than the going rate (see Royal's website for the current JS price), then you don't get the extra points.

They changed the rules a while back, and if you pay less than the going rate (see Royal's website for the current JS price), then you don't get the extra points.

Our 8/27 cruise out of Miami is no longer listed on Royal's site. The only other similar cruise is one in September (5 day, sailing to Key West and overnighting in Havana) showing suites as "sold out". Guess we'll have to wait and see -- and hopefully we'll be pleasantly surprised. Thanks, Bob.

Interesting... we have been booking JS to double up on points and not spend too much more than the cost of a balcony... we like to have some space... but, that raises a super interesting idea to me. Book two singles interior. We would really only use one room basically, but I could have my own bathroom and space to get ready for dinner... it’s laughable, but maybe a good idea?

And, if you are able to get connecting rooms you can leave the inside door open and have a 2 BR 2 bath "suite".

So after this b2b in February we will be 1 point from diamond. So if we book another b2b 2nd day we will be diamond. When we do 2nd half will we get diamond benefits

If you earn enough points in the first cruise to make Diamond, then talk to the Loyalty Ambassador in the second cruise to get Diamond perks.

Looking at the Harmony or Symphony deck plans, how can you tell if any adjoining rooms are earmarked as single person rooms? Or are all interior rooms the same based on max occupancy? I thought I read recently that there would be "studio" rooms for single travelers but don't see any such thing when looking at potential reservations for interior rooms.

Looking at the Harmony or Symphony deck plans, how can you tell if any adjoining rooms are earmarked as single person rooms? Or are all interior rooms the same based on max occupancy? I thought I read recently that there would be "studio" rooms for single travelers but don't see any such thing when looking at potential reservations for interior rooms.

The studio staterooms would show up as category 2O or 2W on the deck plan.

You have to be solo in a suite to get 3 points per night.

OK, I hope I'm not "stirring the pot". Seems to me that logic would tell you that you should get 4 points.

Logic:

2 people at 2 points each = 4 points for the cabin total

Therefore one person paying for 2 should get 4 (in my mind anyway - LOL)

(Although those with over 340 points only pay 1.5 the single amount)

OK, I hope I'm not "stirring the pot". Seems to me that logic would tell you that you should get 4 points.

Logic:

2 people at 2 points each = 4 points for the cabin total

Therefore one person paying for 2 should get 4 (in my mind anyway - LOL)

(Although those with over 340 points only pay 1.5 the single amount)

If there are three people in a suite all three get two points = 6 points/night

If there are four people in a suite all four get two points = 8 points/night

If there is one person in an inside, ocean view or balcony, that person gets one point per night plus one bonus point per night of two points per night.

If there is one person in a JS or above, that person gets two points per night plus one bonus point per night or three point per night.

Was in the C & A line on the Anthem and the person in front of me explained that in April she was medevaced off the Mariner after spending two days in a suite. They gave her 4 points.

You usually get the points for the whole cruise regardless of when/how you leave the ship.

There are no studio rooms on Symphony.

The only studio rooms on Harmony are interiors on deck 4 and they are all grouped together with no other cabins of any category on deck 4.

You usually get the points for the whole cruise regardless of when/how you leave the ship.

See my earlier post in this thread about Ovation, we were directly told we would get zero points if we disembarked early

Edited by BekkaW