Summer 2020 Carnival dates

JaiJae

I want to book a cruise for the summer of 2020 but I see it only goes to May. Any idea of when the full 2020 schedule might be available? The reps were no help so I thought some experienced cruisers may have an idea of when it will be available.

Thanks

I want to book a cruise for the summer of 2020 but I see it only goes to May. Any idea of when the full 2020 schedule might be available? The reps were no help so I thought some experienced cruisers may have an idea of when it will be available.

Thanks

In about 6 months.

Wow, so long of a wait. Not understanding how I can book an April 2020 cruise back in Feb, but cannot book a May 2020 cruise in July. Sorry for the rant, but I like to spread my payments out a bit. That's just me!! :cool:

• 1 month later...
I have been checking the carnival website everyday.....so anxious to book my annual cruise for Sept 2020. Anyone else impatiently waiting for the fall 2020 schedule? [emoji30]

Jae[emoji624]

should be released between December-January. bookings usually open year and half in advance.

i booked in January 2018 for a cruise in June 2019.

I have been checking the carnival website everyday.....so anxious to book my annual cruise for Sept 2020. Anyone else impatiently waiting for the fall 2020 schedule? [emoji30]

Jae[emoji624]

Im waiting to book my 20th Wedding Anniversary for September 2020.

Panorama is open through the end of 2020.

Spirit’s repositioning cruises to and from Honolulu are open on carnival.com.au. Aside from what should be Spirit’s Alaska season, Spirit and Splendor are open through December 2020 for Australian itineraries.

The unnamed 180,00 gross ton vessel to be home ported in Port Canaveral is expected to go on sale in January 2019, or 19 months before its scheduled delivery of August 2020. Panorama opened 21 months ahead.

I had seen Carnival CSRs post on Facebook that Summer 2020 itineraries were to go on sale in either “September” or “early fall”. That would put the May sailings at 20 months out if that holds.

I know at one point Carnival had April 2019 bookings open in December 2016 (28 months) because the Mobile media made a point about how that was well past Carnival’s 13 month contract with the city.

Sent from my eye phone using a three legged yak FFS

There really, from my perspective, doesn't seem to be any real consistency. While I agree that there's typically an 18 month leadtime, there are some exceptions to the rule.

While on the Magic this past January, using the Carnival website, I booked a B2B on the Conquest for January 2020...in essence, I made the reservation 2 years in advance of the actual sailing.

Like several others here, I'm waiting for the latter part of 2020 to open up for the rest of the fleet so I can secure a booking for that time period as well. I understand that Panorama is already open, but we've done the Mexican Riviera thing a couple of times and we're looking for something else.

Garnett

I have often booked early and a few for May. My observation is that typically the end of April is a cut off point, so if you are looking for cruises up until the end of April you can book almost a year sooner than if you are looking for a May cruise We also are looking to book for May of 2020 and expect to have to wait until early 2019..

Jae[emoji624]

Me but I do have my Fall 2019 booked. Really would like to squeeze in a Spring so I dont have to wait a whole year for the cruise. I love the planning so I will take a good week or so analyzing the ship, itineraries and price and then book. Then you get to plan the excursions. But the current cruise I preplanned last year but due to the hurricane we were switched so when I booked fall 2019 I already had things planned from last years cruise sigh.

• 2 weeks later...
Im waiting to book my 20th Wedding Anniversary for September 2020.

+1 for waiting to book a 20th Anniversary cruise in Sept 2020! I kept wondering why I couldnt complete the booking until I saw this thread. Thanks for all of the replies explaining the timetable. Guess Ill have to wait a bit longer.

+1 for waiting to book a 20th Anniversary cruise in Sept 2020! I kept wondering why I couldnt complete the booking until I saw this thread. Thanks for all of the replies explaining the timetable. Guess Ill have to wait a bit longer.

It will be our 18th Anniversary in Sept 2020 and we’re waiting to book the Vista! We have already booked our cruise for Sept 2019 on the Dream! Hopefully the schedule will be out sooner than later.

Jae[emoji624]

Jae[emoji624]

Same here. We are planning a Canada/New England cruise for the Fall of 2020. We have an NCL cruise booked right now but want to check Carnival out too. It's been a while since we've sailed with Carnival and we have all said we would like to go back to them again. We've sailed with Disney, Royal Caribbean and NCL since then and still say we all really enjoyed Carnival! Carnival just always had so many fun things to do on board. It just depends on the itinerary, ship, price and timing. We only have a certain time we can go. :(

This is like the million dollar question right now. No one knows when they will open up the rest of 2020. Personally, I can’t wait because I haven’t booked a cruise in quite awhile and I’m dying to book my 2020 cruise!

Do new ships open their schedules earlier? I booked my Christmas 2018 Horizon cruise in January 2017, so a month less than 2 years in advance...

I believe so. If you look at the Panorama, it’s sailings are currently open all through 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm waiting for the new (as yet unnamed) ship that will debut in/around August 2020. I'm hoping it will do a few European sailings before it's TA to Port Canaveral. If so, we're hoping to do the last European sailing and then the TA back. Let's see if that pans out :)

I'm waiting for the new (as yet unnamed) ship that will debut in/around August 2020. I'm hoping it will do a few European sailings before it's TA to Port Canaveral. If so, we're hoping to do the last European sailing and then the TA back. Let's see if that pans out :)

Christine Duffy was quoted as saying Carnival has no plans to return to Europe:

https://www.miamiherald.com/living/travel/article213850534.html

I talked to my Carnival trip planner this week. We discussed this very topic. He stated that the schedule for the new ship should be out around the first of the years. He also said that they were hoping that it would sail in Europe before traveling to Port Canaveral. In my opinion, if European ports have the right method to refuel the ship, there is a good chance it will sail there a few times. That is my opinion. I do not know any more than anyone else. Maybe that is my hope.

NCL already has their 2020 schedule out and I think Disney releases next week, so I would guess or hope that carnival will be soon. I’d imagine they won’t want to let competition get to much of a head start in bookings.

Disney just made an announcement that includes their debut in New Orleans, but they are only opening sailings through May 2020:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2018/09/27/disney-cruise-line-cruises-2020/1446738002/

Norwegian actually has Pride of America open all the way through the end of April 2022. Alaska and some European itineraries are own through the Summer of 2020, but I didn’t see anything for the Caribbean from May 2020 onwards.

Royal has nothing open past April 2020.