Babies on a cruise

It's going to depend on what you want out of the vacation. If you are good with sticking to the baby's schedule and bringing everything from food and diapers and medications as well as everything in between go for it. The medical staff may not be able to deal with a major pediatric emergency. If you want go go non-stop fun I'd cancel

It's going to depend on what you want out of the vacation. If you are good with sticking to the baby's schedule and bringing everything from food and diapers and medications as well as everything in between go for it. The medical staff may not be able to deal with a major pediatric emergency. If you want go go non-stop fun I'd cancel
Well it's daughter the husbands and me. I dont mind being with the babies. It just we dont get to do things like this. And i dont know if they would even let me cancel with no problems.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

I'd leave it to them to decide. They just need to realize the amount of stuff they will need to bring. Check out the Family board on here for more tips. If it were me it would also depend on the child's temperament. Will he or she sleep in a noisy place in a stroller? Would they only sleep in the room in complete silence? Too many variables to know 100% before the child is born but I do understand it's better to make the decision sooner than later

For me I would never cruise with an infant ... anything could go wrong and without access to medical personal that could treat the infant would have me to worried ... Not to mention I cruise to relax and have fun and while I loved spending time with my girls when they were babies I just don't think it would be fun to be revolved around an infant's schedule that can change at any moment

Couple of things you could think about doing is A... making sure you figure out exactly who will be taking care of this infant or B... you could add another person and their sole responsibility is taking care of the infant of course it woudl be nice to give them turn out

It took us one beach vacation with our first child (7 months old at the time) to figure out, for my husband and me, a vacation without a "mother's helper" along was not a vacation. Our son was an easy baby, so he wasn't the issue. That's just us though. So, no, I personally would not choose to book a cruise if I had a baby to take care of full-time, just like every other day of the year.

If you are experienced travellers I say go for it. IF your party is thinking its going to be the normal cruise and they can party all day and night, they will get a dose of cold water in the face. It will not be like that. So it all depends on what their expectations are.

Personally I think it is no problem, you just adjust your cruise to the baby's schedule. Nap time, feedings and then what to do if the baby is fussy when the adults are eating dinner. Just go with the flow, excursions might be out of the question, but having the empty ship might be nice and relaxing for the family.

We hadn't started cruising when our children were babies, but did many road trips with them. We took them everywhere with us, and they were great little travelers from the very beginning. We went on a vacation with another family once and I will say that it was much easier for me not having to carry bottles and formula everywhere we went. I wouldn't want to have to deal with that on a cruise, making sure you had enough formula - you never know when there might be an emergency and the ship is delayed returning to port. Carrying enough diapers is hard enough - none on the ship, so you'll have to take all you will need.

I say go!

Another thing to think about is the diaper situation. They DO NOT sell diapers on the cruise. So you will need to pack tons more then you need to. Where will it sleep? Will you have to pack a pack-&-play? Will they be using formula? If so are you going to buy all the distilled water on the ship or pack it all and bring it with you? You can not bring plastic bottles on the ship so it would have to be in a carton or in a can. On top of all that you still need to pack for your self and the other 2 in the room. To me all that alone is a lot to handle for such a small room.

Just like to throw out there...If the baby is crying in the room...the neighbors can hear it loud and clear. I've been the neighbor.

Same here there is no insulation in the walls between cabins ,, Carnival did give us 30% off our next cruise ,because of the crying next door ,, Us and the people on the other side of crying baby ,, Security did go to there room and let them know they needed to do something about the crying

How old does the baby need to be before he or she is required to purchase a ticket, or boarding pass?

Cruise fares are per person which includes children and infants. When traveling with 2 full fare guests, additional guests in the same stateroom pay a discounted cruise fare. Children less than 2 years of age are not required to extend gratuities.

Infants must be at least 6 months of age at the time of embarkation in order to sail. Children must be at least 12 months of age at the time of embarkation to sail on trans-ocean crossings and remote itineraries, where there are more than 2 consecutive sea days.

This policy is in place due to the infant's vulnerable health. While at sea or in port the availability of medical care may be limited or delayed. Early infant care, in particular may require specialized diagnostic facilities and/or treatment that are not obtainable during the cruise on board the ship or ashore in ports of call.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2545/~/infant-policy

Same here there is no insulation in the walls between cabins ,, Carnival did give us 30% off our next cruise ,because of the crying next door ,, Us and the people on the other side of crying baby ,, Security did go to there room and let them know they needed to do something about the crying

Wow. That’s pretty good. I just dealt with it but couldn’t wait to get off that boat.