cases of wine, Carried or checked.

TheRabbit

But if it made it to the sin table on board where corkage is paid, it is only crew at that point.

True. That would also mean, to my way of thinking, that the ship would then be responsible for reimbursing the passenger for what was taken from him since their own records would show how much he brought on board and how much he actually received. The company should be responsible to reimburse what they apparently lost.

Tom

My DH once bought a bottle of rum in port somewhere in the Caribbean (can't remember where). The bottle was taken from him and they told him he would get it back the night before disembarkation. However, the bottle did not show up. When we called they sent up another bottle of rum from their shop. However, it was not the better quality rum he had purchased and he wasn't too pleased.

True. That would also mean, to my way of thinking, that the ship would then be responsible for reimbursing the passenger for what was taken from him since their own records would show how much he brought on board and how much he actually received. The company should be responsible to reimburse what they apparently lost.

Tom

That's how I would see it.

My DH once bought a bottle of rum in port somewhere in the Caribbean (can't remember where). The bottle was taken from him and they told him he would get it back the night before disembarkation. However, the bottle did not show up. When we called they sent up another bottle of rum from their shop. However, it was not the better quality rum he had purchased and he wasn't too pleased.

I have never bought liquor in a port as I find I can usualy buy it here for less.

We buy duty free on the ship all the time with no problems. The Grande Monya is cheaper than I can get it anywhere.

That would be ideal but we live in California and our cruise starts in Rome. Otherwise we'd bring stuff from home but with weight restrictions and not wanting to carry too much. Oh to be young and have the �� to do it��.

You can find so great local wines in Rome. Pick some up and take on board.

Thank you we do plan on doing that. But I also want to know from people with experience if I can also bring some on in Barcelona to take to the cabin?

Thank you

Denise

On a cruise last year that was sailing from Barcelona we had to cancel due to an injury, we had planned on getting wine there to take on. When we were there in 2013, we had no problem finding wines to bring to the hotel we were in.

Getting close.

:cool:

Sleeping tonight might be tough. It has been a long day, but so far good news. DW's crown came in and her sister came through surgery today with flying colors.

Only bad part is backing up DW's computer. It keeps stalling. Still have 2 other to back up. I think I am going to use the old drive to back the other two up.

Packing of the clothes is almost done. Maybe 3 more hours.

Those of us that you are leaving behind are envious.

Bon Voyage.

You wouldn't be envious if you knew why we are on this cruise. Cheryl broke her ankle about 20 days before we were to leave for Europe last fall and we had to cancel. While feeling sorry for ourselves, we booked the 60 night cruise. Are you going to do the Royal in the Spring?

It’s surprising to have Mr Organization packing clothes less than 24 hours before sailaway on a 60-day cruise. :eek:

Guess that packing cases of wine was a higher priority. :wine-glass: ;p

Have a great journey! :D

Bringing the right wine takes great planning!:rolleyes:

Tux, shirts and pants were all pulled out a few days ago. Just had to put them in the suit case.

FYI, those three hours were for Cheryl to pack. I was done.

Edited by TheRabbit

Bringing the right wine takes great planning!:rolleyes:

Tux, shirts and pants were all pulled out a few days ago. Just had to put them in the suit case.

FYI, those three hours were for Cheryl to pack. I was done.

That’s what I figured...Buon Viaggio! :ship: :wine-glass:

You wouldn't be envious if you knew why we are on this cruise. Cheryl broke her ankle about 20 days before we were to leave for Europe last fall and we had to cancel. While feeling sorry for ourselves, we booked the 60 night cruise. Are you going to do the Royal in the Spring?

Ouch.

I think you have a good backup plan, though,

We have no plans for the Royal Princess next spring.. We are, in fact, booked on the Ruby Princess in April and the Royal Princess in September.

Oh, and the pic in your driveway is great.