Cruise parking and hotel in Tampa

I'm sailing out of Tampa in October and am looking for a good hotel in the area. We will be driving down from Nashville and want to come in a day or two early. I would love a hotel that would let us leave the car. Any suggestions?

TIA!

Hampton Inn Ybor is a good choice, as is the Barrymore...we drive to the port and we have found that we prefer to park at the port. It is safe, and literally 30 feet from the terminal entrance. We hated having to get on the shuttle back to a hotel to get our car.

So we now have a LaQuinta we stay at thatvis 15/20 mins from the port- and we park at the port. It is almost exactly the same amount of money.(and to us it is easier)

Hampton Inn Ybor is a good choice, as is the Barrymore...we drive to the port and we have found that we prefer to park at the port. It is safe, and literally 30 feet from the terminal entrance. We hated having to get on the shuttle back to a hotel to get our car.

So we now have a LaQuinta we stay at thatvis 15/20 mins from the port- and we park at the port. It is almost exactly the same amount of money.(and to us it is easier)

Do I have to make reservations to park at the port? Does it get full? How does that work? Thanks so much for your help and suggestions!

We stayed at Comfort Suites Tampa fairgrounds. They had free parking and the shuttle was a flat rate no matter how many people in your group.

We have also stayed at Hampton Inn and Holiday inn at the Rocky point area. Both have parking and shuttles.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do I have to make reservations to park at the port? Does it get full? How does that work? Thanks so much for your help and suggestions!

You can pay online:

https://www.porttb.com/parking

Or you can pay there...we have done both.

We drive in, unload and my hubby drives into parking and walks up and meets me. Literally 5 mins.

We get to the port fairly early(like most) no problems with finding a place to park. :)

You can pay online:

https://www.porttb.com/parking

Or you can pay there...we have done both.

We drive in, unload and my hubby drives into parking and walks up and meets me. Literally 5 mins.

We get to the port fairly early(like most) no problems with finding a place to park. :)

We have reserved on-line and love, yes literally love, the valet parking option. It's only $20 above standard parking fee.:cool:

We sailed back in 2016 and stayed at the Marriott. Very nice. Here is a video of my family cruise video. Driving from Orlando. At 1:20 is when you see what a room and the hotel looks like. Stayed at the port also. Hope this helps and Happy Sailing!!!!

1. Check the FLA departure board for more suggestions

2. Check out hotels in the Rocky Point area (Chase Suites, Hampton , Holiday Inn, etc.); nice area, bay views, and most offer parking packages including shuttle to/from the port.

3. Uber/Lyft to the port will cost about $20, taxi closer to $27+

4. http://www.stay123.com and http://www.parksleepfly.com are two sources to check fro hotels offering cruise parking packages.

5. Have a great cruise! :D

We are flying in the day before our October cruise and staying at the springhill suites Tampa/Brandon. We have reservations to leave the car at the parking doctors. Drop off Monday, pick up Saturday $52.

We like the Marriott Waterside. It's going to be a pricey option, if that's in your budget, but you can't beat the location and views. We live in Tampa, and I haved stayed there during a conference at the convention center in downtown to avoid traffic. It's next to a streetcar stop, which will take you into Channelside and Ybor City, great for food and entertainment. Thanks to a grant, fares have been eliminated, so riding it is free!

I echo others....valet at the port is the way to go.

Check out hotels in the Rocky Point area (Chase Suites, Hampton , Holiday Inn, etc.); nice area, bay views, and most offer parking packages including shuttle to/from the port.

:D

We have stayed at the hotels at Rocky Point several times. Last month we stayed at the Hampton which is our favorite.

The parking is included with a Cruise Package. The Shuttle service is now $10 per person each way. Excellent service from both the Hotel staff and the shuttle drivers!

Bon voyage!

I'm sailing out of Tampa in October and am looking for a good hotel in the area. We will be driving down from Nashville and want to come in a day or two early. I would love a hotel that would let us leave the car. Any suggestions?

TIA!

We've done two cruises out of Tampa and then driven home to Huntsville. Strongly suggest you look at the Valet Port parking. Your car will be waiting for you just outside the terminal. You can walk outside the terminal and be driving in less than five minutes. You're looking at at least a 12 hour drive home. It's a trade off. You might save a bit by leaving the car at the hotel (or maybe not all 'free' parking is not 'free'.) but you may be adding an hour maybe more to your return trip home.

BTW, we usually spend the night in either Lake City or Ocala and then drive to the pier the morning of the cruise. About an hour and a half drive from Ocala. Maybe two hours from Lake City.

Also, we usually take I65 south to Montgomery and then 231 to Tallahassee. We've found that to be a smoother route that avoids the hassles with going through Atlanta.