NCL's New Deployments

pspercy

So disappointed that NCL is no longer offering sailings from/to Vancouver to Alaska. Our family, 8 of us, want to do an Alaska cruise next summer but there is no way some are flying into Vancouver and then trucking down to Seattle to catch a ship. Not to mention that we don't want to cruise on the mega ships. I have Platinum status but my next trip is on Princess for the California Coastal because Norwegian's Pacific coast itinerary is poor. I guess the Canadian market is not that attractive to NCL.

The Jewel cruises to/from Vancouver

Because of the Lions Gate Bridge the mega ships can't home port in Vancouver, there is talk of creating another cruise port in Metro Vancouver but it will be WAY out of downtown, closer to the airport will be appreciated by some, but that is years away, if it ever happens

Because of the Lions Gate Bridge the mega ships can't home port in Vancouver, there is talk of creating another cruise port in Metro Vancouver but it will be WAY out of downtown, closer to the airport will be appreciated by some, but that is years away, if it ever happens

Unfortunately, the Jewel only goes one way. I did Alaska on the Norwegian Sun a few years ago. Left from Vancouver and returned to Vancouver. It was great. Wish they were still offering that itinerary.

The Pearl's itineraries should be out July 31/18 and the Jade and Spirit's should be out August 6/18.

THe pearl s itinerary is already out, it is posted in a different thread on this website but don t ask me how to post that link, i don t know how :)

So disappointed that NCL is no longer offering sailings from/to Vancouver to Alaska. Our family, 8 of us, want to do an Alaska cruise next summer but there is no way some are flying into Vancouver and then trucking down to Seattle to catch a ship. Not to mention that we don't want to cruise on the mega ships. I have Platinum status but my next trip is on Princess for the California Coastal because Norwegian's Pacific coast itinerary is poor. I guess the Canadian market is not that attractive to NCL.

The Jewel which is smaller will be based out of Vancouver every other week going to Alaska (one way to Anchorage). Not sure why you got upset without knowing all the facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That depends on what Mega ships you are talking about.

The Bliss is stopping in Vancouver on September 30th, and yes she fits under the Lions Gate Bridge.

The Solstice also fits as she had a funnel mod done so she can fit. Not sure if the Eclipse has had the mod or not or is going to have it.

The Ovation OTS is also scheduled here in 2019 and is also suppose to fit.

Here is the Joy's Transpacific itinerary I found on a TA's site.

No prices yet.

1 Shanghai Wed 10 April 2019 Wed 10 April 2019 18:00

2 At Sea - -

3 At Sea - -

4 At Sea - -

5 Crossing International Date Line - -

6 At Sea - -

7 At Sea - -

8 At Sea - -

9 At Sea - -

10 At Sea - -

11 Honolulu Sat 20 April 2019 06:00 Sat 20 April 2019 17:00

12 At Sea - -

13 At Sea - -

14 At Sea - -

15 At Sea - -

16 At Sea - -

17 Seattle Fri 26 April 2019 06:00 Fri 26 April 2019

Edited by Seacruise
formatting

That depends on what Mega ships you are talking about.

The Bliss is stopping in Vancouver on September 30th, and yes she fits under the Lions Gate Bridge.

The Solstice also fits as she had a funnel mod done so she can fit. Not sure if the Eclipse has had the mod or not or is going to have it.

The Ovation OTS is also scheduled here in 2019 and is also suppose to fit.

The Bliss fits only at low tide - can't rely on that for a home port. I did the Panama sailing and we had to wait to go under the Bridge of the Americas, clearance is similar to the Lions Gate (supposedly). I am going to watch the Bliss come in on Sept 30

Would you want to be waiting for a cab in Vancouver on a 3 cruise ship day? I wouldn't. especially if they are over 3000 capacity

Would you want to be waiting for a cab in Vancouver on a 3 cruise ship day? I wouldn't. especially if they are over 3000 capacity

Not a chance! I was there picking someone up last Sunday with Infinity and Westerdam in and what a zoo. No where enough taxis and it was Sunday.

Here is the Joy's Transpacific itinerary I found on a TA's site.

No prices yet.

1 Shanghai Wed 10 April 2019 Wed 10 April 2019 18:00

2 At Sea - -

3 At Sea - -

4 At Sea - -

5 Crossing International Date Line - -

6 At Sea - -

7 At Sea - -

8 At Sea - -

9 At Sea - -

10 At Sea - -

11 Honolulu Sat 20 April 2019 06:00 Sat 20 April 2019 17:00

12 At Sea - -

13 At Sea - -

14 At Sea - -

15 At Sea - -

16 At Sea - -

17 Seattle Fri 26 April 2019 06:00 Fri 26 April 2019

That itinerary is weak compared to the one on Explorer of the Seas that we took from Sydney to Seattle. We had eight ports with 9 days to tour and it included New Caledonia, Fiji and Hawaii (two days in Honolulu and one in Maui).

That itinerary is weak compared to the one on Explorer of the Seas that we took from Sydney to Seattle. We had eight ports with 9 days to tour and it included New Caledonia, Fiji and Hawaii (two days in Honolulu and one in Maui).

This itinerary is not for sale. They will be completing some of the renovation work during the repositioning so it will be crew only.

Does anyone know why the new 2019 Pearl Northern Europe itineraries have not been posted on NCL? I thought they were on sale today, July 31? Thanks!

Last week the joy itineraries also came at nighttime ( for me, europe) so I guess Ncl is not awake yet