Allure of the Seas -- Scheduling Shows

Hello. We have a cruise scheduled for February 2019 on Allure of the Seas. It will be our first time on a cruise ship this large. I'm seeing posts on Facebook that indicate you should schedule the shows as soon as you're onboard. Would someone enlighten me as to show scheduling? Are the same shows offered on different days at different hours, is there a cost, etc.? Thanks.

You should pre book the shows before sailing in your cruise planner. There are multiple times for the same shows. No charge. You can also call Royal and they will help you book

You can see all the shows and their times in your cruise planner once they are offered

Hello. We have a cruise scheduled for February 2019 on Allure of the Seas. It will be our first time on a cruise ship this large. I'm seeing posts on Facebook that indicate you should schedule the shows as soon as you're onboard. Would someone enlighten me as to show scheduling? Are the same shows offered on different days at different hours, is there a cost, etc.? Thanks.

You schedule the shows long before your cruise, if you are wise.

You do this through your Cruise Planner on the RC website.

Each show is offered 3 to 4 times, except the comedy show, which has 15 showings.

You can only sign up for each one once.

They are not all offered all the days. The shows that are in the main theater, for example, can't all happen on the same days, so Mamma Mia is on the first two or three days and Blue Planet is after that. The headliner is usually in between these two.

There are a few shows for which there are no reservations; you just show up. Those are in your Cruise Compass, so be sure to read that each evening. Take a highlighter to mark the things that you don't want to miss.

Many people will tell you to schedule OceanAria as early in the cruise as possible, because if there is a cancellation because of weather conditions or technical difficulties, there is still time to see a re-scheduled show.

The Comedy Show is for 18+ year old people. The show is basically the same each time. One of the comedians will do a "family friendly" show in the main theater one night. No reservations for that.

If you wait until you board, you may get shut out. My recommend is to constantly look at your cruise planner to see if shows are illustrated.

Recommend the following shows:

Mamma Mia (usually presented in the 1st 3 days)

Ice Show

OceanAria

Blue Planet

Headliner (you probably won't know until you board)

Character Parade if you have any kids.

Comedy Show (adults only)

There are also other shows, eg. Newlyweds and not so newlywed game, etc.

Enjoy the cruise and ship as we did at Easter sail..

Just a tip about OceanAria. It is offered the first two nights, book it for the first night just in case the second night is canceled because of rough seas. It is a fantastic show.

We sailed the Eastern itinerary and attended OceanAria on the 3rd night at 7:30PM.

If you wait until you board, you may get shut out. My recommend is to constantly look at your cruise planner to see if shows are illustrated.

Recommend the following shows:

Mamma Mia (usually presented in the 1st 3 days)

Ice Show

OceanAria

Blue Planet

Headliner (you probably won't know until you board)

Character Parade if you have any kids.

Comedy Show (adults only)

There are also other shows, eg. Newlyweds and not so newlywed game, etc.

Enjoy the cruise and ship as we did at Easter sail..

You are not shut out. With the exception of the comedy show, all others are available for reserving if done at studio B at time of boarding.

Great. Thanks to all for the responses and the detailed information. Guess I'll start checking a few days before Thanksgiving.

Join your Roll Call. Lots of people will be monitoring the Cruise Planner and will let everyone on the Roll Call know when you can book.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=578

You should pre book the shows before sailing in your cruise planner. There are multiple times for the same shows. No charge. You can also call Royal and they will help you book

You can see all the shows and their times in your cruise planner once they are offered

Agreed, once they are available to be scheduled.