Breakaway - Live 7/22

TheDougOut

Just a screen-shot from the MarineTraffic app with the past track displayed.

ebaf7572c472a112b17e0f2acbc67592.jpg

Do you know why they take "the long way round" ? Is it cheaper to be at sea than be tied up in port I wonder?

Do you know why they take "the long way round" ? Is it cheaper to be at sea than be tied up in port I wonder?

I don’t know... and was wondering the same. I believe we’ll be crossing under the bridge in a couple hours, which we missed on the way out.

Hi. Booked the same iteniary for next year. Was wondering if we sail past Stockholm archipelago. The iteniary as of now shows us docking in Stockholm but as I can see that rarely happens. The next day at sea mentions sailing past the little islands. Hope it remains the same even if we dock in nynashamn. Thanks in advance. Also loved your review...:)

Hi. Booked the same iteniary for next year. Was wondering if we sail past Stockholm archipelago. The iteniary as of now shows us docking in Stockholm but as I can see that rarely happens. The next day at sea mentions sailing past the little islands. Hope it remains the same even if we dock in nynashamn. Thanks in advance. Also loved your review...:)

I believe they switched to Nynäshamn for the entire season, apparently from all the headaches and missed stops last year with the Getaway. I wouldn’t hold out hope for the ship getting into Stockholm.

Ships are unable to pass under/over the bridge/tunnel system that is jetting across the waterway (Øresund). Instead, they go around and pass under the Great Belt Bridge, Which is the Bridge Doug was mentioning. It’s cool!! Have to go a certain speed under Great Belt to make it under, have watched documentaries on it! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A 10:50 AM flight?

Set alarm for 6AM, had coffee in atrium, breakfast in Garden Cafe, finished packing and showered, off the ship at 7:28 AM, taxi van to airport, bag check, security, a return to security after someone in our group left a passport behind, through passport control and now sitting at the gate at 9:31 AM. Easy.

841006b2e45fdceca7ebfdb160f90b38.jpg

Thanks for letting us tag along again, Doug, Sue & family. So many wonderful pics.

I'm sure Mom will be happy to have you all back home with lots of great memories to share. Hope your mom is doing well and soon you'll want to start planning your next family cruise.

Cheers,

Connie