To Disney From Port Canaveral

Can anyone who has traveled to Disney from the Port Canaveral stop please provide feedback...both pros and cons? I would greatly appreciate it.

I am really concerned about the amount of travel time it takes to/from Disney.

Will there much time to spend at the park?

Also, is Uber, bus, taxi or rent a car recommended since Anthem is not offering the Disney trip as an excursion?

Thank you. :D

I've not traveled to Disney as a guest, but my DD was crew on Oasis last year, and I would pick her up at 7am and drive to the parks. It took at least an hour, on a Sunday am to get to the parking lot, weekdays may take longer. Driving back to the ship we always allowed 2.5 hours, because it always seemed to take an hour from inside the park to the highway. We usually got to spent 4-5 hours, she had to be back onboard by 3pm as this was Oasis home port turn around day. For us as passholders it was worth it, being local (well, except when she's onboard lol) we go whenever we want. Doing it as a one day excursion is an expensive, short day for a bit of magic.

Doing that as an excursion isn't worth the money. Disney needs MUCH more time than you will have during a day stop. It's about 1 hour to Disney, then about another 30 mins. until you actually get IN the park.... Then, you must figure in "wait time" in lines, of which EVERY attraction/ride will have.

Disney is best done as a land vacation....you will need 2 full days just for the Magic Kingdom, not to mention any of the other parks you'd like to experience!

Doing that as an excursion isn't worth the money. Disney needs MUCH more time than you will have during a day stop. It's about 1 hour to Disney, then about another 30 mins. until you actually get IN the park.... Then, you must figure in "wait time" in lines, of which EVERY attraction/ride will have.

Disney is best done as a land vacation....you will need 2 full days just for the Magic Kingdom, not to mention any of the other parks you'd like to experience!

Thank you, that's what I thought. Not enough time.

The group I am traveling with just want to go to Disney, and already purchased tickets.

My concern is that when you do an excursion on your own, and don't arrive back in time, the cruise ship does NOT have to wait...unless it's an excursion that you purchased from them.

Stressing out already..lol

I've not traveled to Disney as a guest, but my DD was crew on Oasis last year, and I would pick her up at 7am and drive to the parks. It took at least an hour, on a Sunday am to get to the parking lot, weekdays may take longer. Driving back to the ship we always allowed 2.5 hours, because it always seemed to take an hour from inside the park to the highway. We usually got to spent 4-5 hours, she had to be back onboard by 3pm as this was Oasis home port turn around day. For us as passholders it was worth it, being local (well, except when she's onboard lol) we go whenever we want. Doing it as a one day excursion is an expensive, short day for a bit of magic.

Wow, 2 1/2 hours allowance back to the ship. I will keep your tips in mind.

Thank you!

You need to decide what you want, do you want to get the most time in the park or are you trying to save money and get some time in the park. If you want to maximize your time, arrange for private transportation to and from the park and just accept the cost. If you want to do this on a budget, renting a car will be cheapest but will also take some of your limited time in port.

When are you in Port Canaveral? Have you checked how many ships are in port and which dock you are scheduled to dock at? Some rental agencies are walkable from Terminal 1 but not from other terminals. I would also check what is up at Disney and is it worth going. We are going to the Orlando area for a wedding and wanted to do Disney for a day but have decided not to because we are there the weekend of the Disney half marathon. Not worth it with the expected crowds.

We have done both Universal and Disney on separate excursions from Anthem. You basically have about 6 hours at the park.

Make sure you purchase your theme park tickets in advance so you can save time when you arrive. Definitely have a plan. If you're doing Disney about a month before you can book Fast Pass tickets to the attractions you are most interested in, this will fast track you to the front of the line.

Universal has something similar to Fast Pass, but, they charge you for it.

The best thing is to book the shuttle excursion with your Royal Caribbean ship well before hand, they sell out. The bus ride is about an hour.

Leave yourself a good 45-minutes minimum to return to the bus. Don't be late, if you miss the last bus, the cab ride back to pier will cost you a bunch.

It's definitely worthwhile. We visited Epcot a couple years ago from Anthem and had plenty of time to do four or five rides, have lunch and stroll around.

Jonathan

So you're in port for 9.5 hours. It takes an hour to get to where you can park. I agree with putting at least 2 hours for return time. Traffic at Disney tends to get crazy 5-7 and can be crazy even earlier/later. Plus if your going to Magic Kingdom there's a lot of travel between the park and the parking lot. So the most you'd get in the park is 6 hours. Depending on time of the year that could be only 3 rides unless you pick the less popular ones.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk