Edge cabin crawl ideas needed!

hcat

We are starting to discuss a Cabin Crawl on our EDGE roll call

Any ideas about how the crawl could work on the EDGE?.

We want to do a look see, not socialize at length in each cabin but maybe do a bar stop midway or at the end???

Ideas and suggestions will be appreciated . Thanks

I'm organizing one for the 12/16 initial inaugural cruise, which will occur @1pm on the 2nd last sea day. That time of day should allow for the cabins to be serviced prior to viewing. We are starting on Deck 3 and working our way up with hosts and viewers traveling together. Wish we had all categories represented but alas! no. We do have some suite participants so hope to get a glimpse of the Retreat. Even though we have a few cabins in the same category, it will be interesting to check out the pros & cons of location since the Edge has many jut outs, and of course the Magic Carpet starboard which will affect views, etc. We will end up near the Sunset Bar if all goes well.

Hope you get great participation!

Thanks so much for your info. We may want to start and end at a bar someplace...So far just want to do a look see at cabins...no food or drinks along the way .,great point about having the rooms made up...

How many cabins do you have?

Once we get our list, folks can e mail me with cabin nos & I will print out the names and cabins and try to map out a route...

that's as far as we got so your suggestions are really great!

I'm hoping for some good ideas as we are trying to put roll calls together for our 3 cruises. Each is a little different as the first one looks to be quite small, the middle one medium-sized and the last pretty large. We may have to think about 2 groups for the last one.

I have a spreadsheet for all 3 cruises, with screen names, types of cabins, location, etc., if people want to share the info and then people are checking off whether they want to participate in the cabin crawl or not (everyone can edit their info). Some just want to go from cabin to cabin and some will show their cabins. It is easy to keep track of with the spreadsheet.

When we get the final count of cabins to be shown, we will come up with a strategy. We should make sure someone is in charge of each one to help prevent mayhem. :D I personally would like to see an IV with bed near balcony and one with bed near bath, an inside, a single IV, AQ with new shower head, panoramic OV (new type on 6 and forward one), and SV, a 1A or 1B (with round opening for balcony) and whatever suites are available. It would be nice to see a cabin along the MC too. Hopefully, between the 3 cruises, I will see several different cabins. Interestingly, someone on one of the preview cruises said that their TA said that there will be several TA's on that cruise and Celebrity will likely have some cabins open for the whole cruise for them to view and wondered if we all could take a peek. Not sure they will let us, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. I might ask the MC concierge if there are any empty suites we could look at - they may want to try to garner some future suite customers.

I picture meeting at a central location (maybe Cafe al Bacio) and when everyone is there, could go over the plan and map (maybe will have printed maps in case someone gets lost). We should probably move things along pretty quickly in each cabin, with the host pointing out features (and no peeking in drawers and closets without invitation :D).

I like the idea of finishing up at a bar to discuss what we have seen. I had heard from one CC person that on one cruise they had a PH suite where the cabin crawl ended and the butler had refreshments for everyone (and they had room to mingle). Maybe someone will offer to host us. :D I guess if no one else offers, I could have some refreshments out on our deck half way or at the end, since we will have a large balcony.

Thanks, hcat, I am really looking forward to doing these!!

Thanks for the great ideas... it will be shared with my roll call for the Jan 2019 cruise...

The Nov 2019 cruise probably won't garner as much interest for a Cabin Crawl because folks will have learned so much about the ship and cabins...and for me that's going to be a rest and relax cruise....rather than go go go explore mode!

For January, we have a great roll call list...and someone is also keeping a spreadsheet...have started adding info about Sailaway and hopefully the Cabin Crawl as well...

We will have at least three groups on our cabin crawl due to so many wanting to see the new cabins/suites. I cannot wait to see the upper suite cabins and am so happy that the turn out appears to be high on our roll call. Two years ago we saw Reflection Suite, but next year it will be great to see the new higher end suites on Edge...

Previously, we have started on lower decks and worked up to the highest level suite. There are always some no shows and some cabins had small treats and even bottled water, but that was all. Many crawlers wanted to get on with other things they had planned, but It was great taking photos and seeing what accommodations were available...I am always amazed at how many people in the top suites are willing to share with others!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

Vt, how many participants on the Dec 6 crawl? How long do you have to keep your cabin open to visitors?

If you travel with the group you will open your cabin when you reach it, allow for 'inspection' and then proceed with the group to the next cabin.

When I first heard of a cabin crawl I was reluctant to offer mine for viewing because I thought I'd miss seeing the others while awaiting the viewers, thinking as you that it meant open house like in real estate terms. I even worried that I'd need to provide refreshments!

Vt, how many participants on the Dec 6 crawl? How long do you have to keep your cabin open to visitors?

We have 12 signed up so far to participate. Not of all these will show cabins - we were going to wait until we got a little closer and zero in on which cabins to show. So far, we have a 1B deluxe OV with veranda (with round opening!), IV, panoramic OV, S2, S3, CS. :D

If you travel with the group you will open your cabin when you reach it, allow for 'inspection' and then proceed with the group to the next cabin.

When I first heard of a cabin crawl I was reluctant to offer mine for viewing because I thought I'd miss seeing the others while awaiting the viewers, thinking as you that it meant open house like in real estate terms. I even worried that I'd need to provide refreshments!

Oh, this is great to know! I thought the same thing - sort of like handing out candy on Halloween and missing everything!

Vt, I’ll go on the roll call and sign up.

Oh, this is great to know! I thought the same thing - sort of like handing out candy on Halloween and missing everything!

Vt, I’ll go on the roll call and sign up.

Wow, can't wait to see your digs! You made my day! :D

I'm organizing one for the 12/16 initial inaugural cruise, which will occur @1pm on the 2nd last sea day. That time of day should allow for the cabins to be serviced prior to viewing. We are starting on Deck 3 and working our way up with hosts and viewers traveling together. Wish we had all categories represented but alas! no. We do have some suite participants so hope to get a glimpse of the Retreat. Even though we have a few cabins in the same category, it will be interesting to check out the pros & cons of location since the Edge has many jut outs, and of course the Magic Carpet starboard which will affect views, etc. We will end up near the Sunset Bar if all goes well.

Hope you get great participation!

Do you have a Sunset Veranda represented? If not, I can be part of the crawl.

Do you have a Sunset Veranda represented? If not, I can be part of the crawl.

Hi Mr. White-

We do have an SV represented smack dab in the middle on Deck 8. However, since it will be interesting to check out the various pros/cons of deck location, bed placement, views, etc., we'd love to include yours. And of course you may participate as "viewer only"!

Please check out the December 16 "inaugural" roll call and join!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2470679

Barb

Thanks for the great ideas... it will be shared with my roll call for the Jan 2019 cruise...

The Nov 2019 cruise probably won't garner as much interest for a Cabin Crawl because folks will have learned so much about the ship and cabins...and for me that's going to be a rest and relax cruise....rather than go go go explore mode!

For January, we have a great roll call list...and someone is also keeping a spreadsheet...have started adding info about Sailaway and hopefully the Cabin Crawl as well...

You may be surprised at the level of interest on your earlier sailing. We already have two groups plus a waiting list for the April TA;) Regardless of information and reviews provided by kind passengers who’ve sailed before us, I suspect that people simply want to stand within the various cabins to get a better idea of light and spatial relationships.

After someone on our Jan 27 roll call shared an experience on a Royal ship..,,50 plus people, I am re -thinking the whole idea.,,not looking for a large herd experience, Yikes!

I understand. That’s why we’re being split into two or more groups on our cabin crawl. I can’t even imagine 20 people piling into our Infinite Veranda cabin, and even 20 people form a formidable blockage in the corridors. I felt bad for hapless fellow passengers trying to squeeze past some of the oblivious members of our group when I was on my first cabin crawl last year.

I understand. That’s why we’re being split into two or more groups on our cabin crawl. I can’t even imagine 20 people piling into our Infinite Veranda cabin, and even 20 people form a formidable blockage in the corridors. I felt bad for hapless fellow passengers trying to squeeze past some of the oblivious members of our group when I was on my first cabin crawl last year.

How are you working the split? We now have @30 participants (hosts & viewers) for our crawl and only a few duplicate cabin categories. I wanna see 'em all!

How are you working the split? We now have @30 participants (hosts & viewers) for our crawl and only a few duplicate cabin categories. I wanna see 'em all!

I’m not the one running our cabin crawl. Someone who’d had prior experience stepped up, bless her:D She’s trying to divide them in such a way that each group views one of each of the stateroom/suite classes available. That may be a challenge if we end up with only one of a couple categories. Regardless, it will be fun to view categories besides my own:)

I've coordinated a half-dozen Cabin Crawls on different ships. We have a great one going for the April 21, 2019 Edge cruise.

Typically, I like to meet at a central location, one of the lounges near the top. Then we travel as a group and work our way down through the ship visiting the various cabins on the list.

I try to save the big suites for last. Sometimes you can score a bonus cabin when someone on the Crawl offers their stateroom for a viewing.

We always have a blast, the Cabin Crawl is my favorite Cruise Critic event held on board.

Good Luck.

Jonathan

What is the max number that can work well?

Thinking of just getting together with a small group...viewing cabins and going for a social hour at one of the bars or Cafe Baccio...!

What is the max number that can work well?

Thinking of just getting together with a small group...viewing cabins and going for a social hour at one of the bars or Cafe Baccio...!

The Cabin Crawl is an enormously popular event. We often have between 25 and 40 people.

If you are the leader, have a copy of all of the cabins. After each cabin, tell everyone the location and number of the next cabin.

Everyone proceeds in a single file, some will take the elevator, others will walk and then meet at the cabin deck landing.

Once you arrive at the cabin location, the cabin dweller will open their cabin and the gathered Cruise Critic Crawlers will proceed into the cabin in different groups.

It usually goes quickly, a quick look-see, about face and out the door. It's only the big suites where people tend to linger, which is why it's good to save them for last, plus they provide a big finish to your event.

Jonathan

I really appreciate the details you have provided. I am convinced I do not want to do such a big crawl or have that many folks pasing through.

I am going to look for a few people willing to do a small group crawl.. Already have our AQ Inf Balc bed by balc and a suite ...just need a reg balc, AQ bed by bath , possibly another style suite and maybe a Sunset Veranda.. so 5 or 6 diff rooms...but just for 15 people, 2 elev

loads

We did a crawl on a new ship, and had a lot of interest, as I'm sure there will be with the Edge..

There were 10 people who volunteered their cabins, and 30 other people who wanted to view (so 40 total)

The organizers printed just 4 copies of a route, and told everyone they had to follow the map, and not just skip to visit one or two cabins. I have been on other crawls, where some people just wanted to see a couple of the larger suites, and all of a sudden there was a mass of people in a few cabins.

They divided the ground into 4 groups of 10. The first group were all of the people showing their cabins. They left first, and all 10 people went to cabin 1. The owner of cabin 1 stayed there, and the nine remaining people went to cabin 2. The owner of cabin 2 stayed in their cabin, and the eight remaining people went to cabin 3, and so on, until the owner of cabin 10 goes to their cabin alone.

The other 30 people had been separated into 3 groups, assigned a group number 2, 3 or 4, and one person from each group was selected as the leader of that group, and given one of the the maps. They were told to wait 5-10 minutes after the group before them left, and to follow the map. It was up to the leader to hold up the group if they caught up to the group in front of them. So group 2 waited 5-10 minutes after the owners left, and went to cabin 1. By then, everyone was gone from cabin 1, so it was only 11 people visiting a the room at a time. Not all 10 people had to crowd into the room at once, just a few walked in at time, and it only took a few minutes to see each cabin. Only the larger suites took more time to see, but more people could enter together The organizers started on a higher floor, so we could walk down stairs, and they were able to put all of the people that needed to use the elevators in the last group, so they stayed together. We did have an owner's suite at the end, which was on a higher floor, so we had to take elevators up one time.

The organizer waited until all of the groups left the meeting place, and then went to the 1st cabin. They viewed and waited a few minutes with the first cabin owner, then they locked up the first cabin and went to cabin 2. There, the organizer and the cabin 1 owner were able to see cabin 2. They locked up cabin 2, and the three went to visit cabin 3, where they picked up the cabin 3 owner, and so on, until they all got to the last cabin.

This way, everyone got to see all of the cabins, and there weren't a lot of people in one cabin all at once. I was in the third group, and got to see all of the cabins in less than an hour, and 40 people got to participate.

I know this sound complicated, at first, but it wasn't at all.