Priced now lower than what I paid-do I have options?

km3045

First time on Princess on August 18 sailing of CB. Price for my paid category has dropped $100. However, I have accepted an upgrade they sent me, from 1E to 1D. Can I call them to get $100 OBC? Can I and how do I take advantage of this?

Thanks for the help - appreciate the knowledge!

After final payment you cannot change your booking without penalty. If you have any perks you would loose them if you choose to rebook under a new rate after your penalty. It would have to be a big price difference to come out ahead.

Not entirely true based on facts and circumstances...and more importantly the Princess rep that you get after multiple calls that agrees with you and can make a change..

we've refared, not rebooked, 5 days before sailing...:halo:

if you don't ask, you don't get. its worth a phone call.

it also depends if the new fares are for new bookings only.

i was refared close to sailing because it didn't say 'new bookings'. it also meant i went down to my initial category cabin.

i totally agree with voljeep-- it depends on which rep you get.

The bottom line is a big "It depends." They typically won't refare your cruse after the PIF date, but may give you some compensatory OBC. On the other hand, they may take the approach that you already got an upgrade and that covered the cost difference (we encountered this). Or, if rooms are available, they might offer yet another upgrade--beware of this one and check out the cabin location before you accept it! Literally sit on line while you are on the phone and check it out. What Princess calls an upgrade and what you call an upgrade may not be the same.

We got a nice upgrade on a previous cruise. When the price of the cruise decreased, TA called for me. This is a TA that I've worked with for years, and I totally trust her. She got back to me with the comment that basically we'd gotten a really nice upgrade and they weren't going to give us anything beyond our current booking. OK, I can accept that. I paid what I agreed to pay and got a much nicer cabin.