Maybe I am overthinking, but I need help...

KEG21552

We have 3 cabins on upcoming Escape cruise with 7 people.

We booked my mom (doesn’t drink) in with my daughter and her partner, and my son in with my sister so he could take advantage of UDP.

My mom will actually be with my sister and my son with my daughter.

In the past we just got extra room card, but now, his card will reflect drink package, so how do we get him key to the right room but still reflect drinks?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Karen

You did not mention if your son is at least 21. If younger than 21, he will just get the soda package I believe. Anyway, the way you booked the room is fine. I do not think NCL will make sure everyone is in the right room. For your son to go to the room he planned to sleep in - he would either have to use sister card to get in or if another room card is allowed. I do not know if extra room card are allowed.

We booked my mom (doesn’t drink) in with my daughter and her partner, and my son in with my sister so he could take advantage of UDP.

In the past we just got extra room card, but now, his card will reflect drink package, so how do we get him key to the right room but still reflect drinks?

Karen

Jeez, this reminds me of the the logic problems on the GRE...

In actuality:

Cabin A = daughter/partner; both get key with UBP + son who also gets UBP with key that opens cabin B

Cabin B= sister/mom with key that opens cabin A

Cabin C= OP/Guest both presumably with UBP

Seems like son and mom will not have keys that open the cabin they are actually sleeping in. Daughter and sister may try asking for a duplicate key from guest services (amounting to 2 copies of a single key) but this could cancel out the original key they were issued. So that may not work. If any of the rooms are connecting, you can agree to keep the inside door open btwn. rooms A and B during the day.

The weird thing is, you have 7 people traveling and only want 6 UBP. Since you have 6 people that want them, why not put son and sister in the same room with mom? Mom, being the "odd" one out will abstain and the UBP goes to the other 2 occupants.

CM

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

Karen

Just get extra door cards for each of the two cabins, and he uses his original card for charging.

My son is 40 so no problem there. We did book my mom as the 3rd in daughters room.

I just need extra keys for access, do not want to cancel any because that would cancel the perks.

Does anyone know for sure if they will give us extra keys just for multiple access?

Thank for all replies

Karen