Snorkel Beach park

GMomKassie

It is very walkable and great for parents who smaller kids but it is man-made and Bermuda has so many other more beautiful beaches. If you have the time I would recommend walking the trail from Warwick to Horseshoe Bay Beach.

walkable, but you have to pay and its not a very nice beach IMO. its good for perhaps your last day in port when you dont want to be far from teh dockyard. but i personally would go to one of the numersou other beaches that are free and much, much more gorgeous.

Coming out of the port, bear right, and straight ahead. Never would I pay to go there, and it is fake as already noted.

Is there a reason you want close? There are a multitude of FAR superior options in my opinion. Even a walkable one, if you don't have mobility limits.

Thank you all! We have been several times, to Horseshoe Bay and

Tobacco Bay. We do intend to go again, just wondering what it is like. My husband is playing golf one day and I thought it might be somewhere close I could go while he is gone.

Guest phd1003

It's not Horseshoe Bay, but it's not a bad beach. I lowered my expectations after reading negative reviews but it was better than most beaches in my home state.20161009_094916-1.thumb.jpg.a049fa7a416bb39651b19a35b02754c0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

We did Snorkel Beach Park the last time we sailed to Bermuda. We had younger inexperienced snorkeler's with us (3 kids under 10yo) and it was the day before Hurricane Nicole made landfall in Bermuda. Horseshoe Bay and all South facing beaches were not safe for the kids as the waves were HUGE from the storm surge, so we opted for Snorkel Park where the water remained calm all day.

It's small and quaint, there's a snack bar, tiki bar, and a snorkel rental booth onsite and you can also rent chairs and umbrellas. Certainly not a show-stopper for beauty compared to Horseshoe Bay or some of the other top Bermuda beaches, but it's within easy walking distance of the ship and we pretty much had the beach to ourselves for several hours when we went. There were 7 of us and we were the only people on the beach from 8am until noon - after noon some more families started showing up but it was never crowded. The kids all learned how to snorkel in a quiet safe area and had a blast! The young men working the beach area even came out with crackers to bring in the very people-friendly surgeonfish for the kids and they loved it.

To say it's a "don't miss!" attraction would be going too far... but it's a nice clean beach with warm water for swimming and snorkeling and close to the ship. Oh, and the little tiki bar that will make you dark & stormies too. ;)

Here are a few pics from the last time we were there:

fish2_zpsiquns0cp.jpg

fish3_zpsuwp0trvg.jpgfish_zpsbxzlzdhn.jpgfish1_zpsyix31v98.jpg

walkable, but you have to pay and its not a very nice beach IMO. its good for perhaps your last day in port when you dont want to be far from teh dockyard. but i personally would go to one of the numersou other beaches that are free and much, much more gorgeous.

I was there last summer and don't recall paying to go on this beach. Have they changed their policy? The only thing we paid for were chair/umbrella rentals.1532762343673.thumb.jpg.d2373c179860801060123db94a7c1a87.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

1532762325766.thumb.jpg.be11be81dd52f7705b317a3bac2e91ef.jpg

I was there last summer and don't recall paying to go on this beach. Have they changed their policy? The only thing we paid for were chair/umbrella rentals.

Entry fee is $5 p/p Mon - Sat. Did you visit on a Sunday?

Admission & Rates: http://snorkelparkbeach.com/admission-rates/

The admission charge is not new.

SBtS

Thank you all! We have been several times, to Horseshoe Bay and

Tobacco Bay. We do intend to go again, just wondering what it is like. My husband is playing golf one day and I thought it might be somewhere close I could go while he is gone.

Love this thread! I was also wondering about Snorkel park beach .... Im on the Dawn in a few weeks. How was Tobacco bay? Totally random but how is the water temp in Bermuda compared to Caribbean?

Guest phd1003
Love this thread! I was also wondering about Snorkel park beach .... Im on the Dawn in a few weeks. How was Tobacco bay? Totally random but how is the water temp in Bermuda compared to Caribbean?
Tobacco Bay is nice but it's an hour away. Water temps are around 80 so alittle cooler than the Caribbean.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app