Port or Starboard Caribbean Princess

vacation cruiser

You surely cannot guarantee the side of the boat will be tied up at any port. Does it not depend on the tide and the other ships berthed in the area. We arrived in Seattle earlier this year and the ship was berthed "back to front" so debarkation was a shambles as luggage was also "back to front". Berthage is up to the port.

Back in the day, before ships were air conditioned, when sailing between the UK and India, one would be Posh - port out, starboard home. These days, it doesn’t matter. Ships dock port side or starboard side. Islands go by on both sides. My preference is a suite at the stern.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Back in the day, before ships were air conditioned, when sailing between the UK and India, one would be Posh - port out, starboard home. These days, it doesn’t matter. Ships dock port side or starboard side. Islands go by on both sides. My preference is a suite at the stern.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/posh/

Maybe next we can discuss how the x00 balconies can't connect.

We are going to the eastern Caribbean do we want a cabin on the port or starboard side to see the port when we are docked?

No difference. For example in ST. Thomas and St. Maarten starboard side is usually dockside, but since these are harbors there are views from both sides. Princess Cays is a tender port. Direction of the ship depends on tides and winds. Some of the other Caribbean ports have have docks where ships tied up on both sides.

I always seemed to have booked Port but not because I think we will dock on that side since there is no way of knowing how the ship will be brought in. I book on my preferred side then for photos, go top side above the pool deck to walk around and take my photos.

moamoak, I also fly on the port side.. I did book a starboard side once but went back to Port. I am comfortable writing with my right hand but prefer to book port side. No logical reason.

The ships can tie up to the pier on either side although some ports seem to always be the same. Personally we just got into the habit of booking port side cabins and sometimes we are dock side and sometimes not. It does make it easier when exiting the elevators to know which side to go to. Beware though some elevator banks face forward and some face the aft.