Complimentary Specialy Restaurant on Embarkation Day

leetompkins

My wife and I originally booked a club class mini-suite for a cruise on the Regal Princess to New England/Canada this September. We just received a great offer to upgrade to a penthouse suite, which we accepted. One of the benefits with this upgrade is a complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant the evening of embarkation day. Does anyone know the process to make that reservation? Can we do so via our cruiser personalizer ahead of time of do we have to wait till we are onboard and make the reservation? Thank you.

My wife and I originally booked a club class mini-suite for a cruise on the Regal Princess to New England/Canada this September. We just received a great offer to upgrade to a penthouse suite, which we accepted. One of the benefits with this upgrade is a complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant the evening of embarkation day. Does anyone know the process to make that reservation? Can we do so via our cruiser personalizer ahead of time of do we have to wait till we are onboard and make the reservation? Thank you.

Not online and not before the cruise.

If you aren't already Elite, you will get Priority boarding. Go to your cabin, there should be a card with a restaurant and a time.

If you want to change it...

1) call the Dine Line (if they're busy & don't answer)

2) check for an open restaurant (Sabatini, Share, Crown Grill) on the last page of the Patter and go there

3) if you strike out on #1 & #2, go to Passenger Services and they'll fix it.

If there's no card, follow steps 1, 2, 3 anyway.

Someone posted here recently that they were told "the time you want is full", so they just showed up and were seated.

You can't do it in advance. After boarding, there are several options. There MIGHT be a letter in your room, informing you of the location and time of your reservation. If there is and you like what is written, do nothing. If you want to change it, proceed to step 2.

There may be nothing in your room. (ask me how I know this). In that case, call the DINE line. If they answer, you can change the reservation on the phone. If you get a recording that essentially says "We are very busy, please call us tomorrow," proceed with next steps.

You can go to the restaurant of your choice. IF anyone is there, you'll be able to change the reservation. If not, go to the suite line for passenger services, express your frustration with the previous three steps, and they will use a back number to get the dining people and give you a reservation time that you are satisfied with. If they insist that there is a letter in your room, tell them that you have searched and there is no letter.

If all else fails, go to the restaurant when you want to have dinner. You will be seated.

When Princess offers you an upgrade from club class to full suite, what is an approximate cost?

The cost of an upsell from club class mini to a full suite will vary all over the map depending on how many full suites they are trying to fill with upsells and/or how desperate they are to free up club class mini-suites to fill GTY bookings.

From another thread:

I received an upsell offer for the Regal in January 2018. (7 Day Eastern Caribbean). It was for a full suite from a mini-suite for $449 pp. I did not accept the offer.
Edited by caribill

We were in a regular (non Club Class) mini-suite and received the upsell offer for our upcoming 14-day Trans-Atlantic on the Regal. I called within 10 minutes of receiving the email and there were just 3 suites remaining. Seemed like a great time to take advantage of the offer and we’re now in a wrap-around aft balcony full suite!