Arriving before scheduled time to go on ship...

JenT412

Times like that are usually not mandatory only advisory.

However without full information it is not possible to answer your question. What ship and port? What arrival time of the ship that morning? What departure time?

Might help to know the ship and departure port and if you are in a Haven or suite, but, my recent experience with the Bliss in Seattle, Carnival something in Long Beach, Getaway Miami, Carnival something Port Canaveral was in all cases arriving earlier than my "scheduled" time was not a problem at all, I was able to just get in line when I arrived. No one made me wait and we were booked in standard balcony cabins.

The question you might be most interested in for your specific ship/port is when do they start letting people board so you don't arrive too early.

We only booked the cruise a few weeks ago and we leave on Sunday. The time that we were given to "arrive at the pier is 1:00." That being said, will they allow us on the ship before that? Thanks.

You can arrive at a time convenient to you. General boarding starts around 11:30.

Might help to know the ship and departure port and if you are in a Haven or suite, but, my recent experience with the Bliss in Seattle, Carnival something in Long Beach, Getaway Miami, Carnival something Port Canaveral was in all cases arriving earlier than my "scheduled" time was not a problem at all, I was able to just get in line when I arrived. No one made me wait and we were booked in standard balcony cabins.

The question you might be most interested in for your specific ship/port is when do they start letting people board so you don't arrive too early.

Sorry...NCL getaway out of miami....inside cabin (right now unless my offer for better is accepted.) We've already completed online check in. Boarding begins at 12.

THe Getaway is big and lots of people. However, I suggest a 10 to 10:30 port arrival. Lines will be shorter and check in has probably begun. Then you'll have a boarding number issued to you and a waiting area. Boarding usually begins right around 11:30. Get on the ship and let the fun begin. The Getaway is a lot of ship to explore.

Sorry...NCL getaway out of miami....inside cabin (right now unless my offer for better is accepted.) We've already completed online check in. Boarding begins at 12.

Other posts aside, be advised that we were on the Getaway out of Miami in March 2017 and they were checking people's boarding passes at the terminal door and I heard them telling one party that they needed to come back later. I've never seen that on any other NCL cruise, but it definitely happened then.

We only booked the cruise a few weeks ago and we leave on Sunday. The time that we were given to "arrive at the pier is 1:00." That being said, will they allow us on the ship before that? Thanks.

You are asking a question about two different times. The time you arrive at the pier is one thing, the time you board s a different thing altogether. The 1:00 is you arrival time not your boarding time.

Boarding time is determined by many factors such as...

How early the ship is debarked from the prior cruise.

How fast after that the ship is cleared by customs.

The boarding group number you are assigned.

How many priority boarding passengers are sailing.

The "at least two hours before departure" as the least amount of time to check in is accurate.

We know from personal experience. Taking a family cruise on NCL, my sister tried checking in about 90 minutes before departure. No go. She had to meet the ship at the first port after sail away (at significant hassle and cost).

For example, if you're sailing out of Miami with a 4:00 p.m. departure, be checked in at least by 2:00 p.m.