Vagabond Hotel Miami

rickcherryb

Maybe someone who stayed there will chime in. Or one of the other locals who commutes through Midtown Miami regularly.

Both that property and the entire surrounding neighborhoods had been on the skids for a very, very long time before slowly coming back to respectability. But you will be a bit isolated (bordering on trapped) at night without a car.

As you are from Alaska I would compare it to some of the rough-and-tumble areas bordering downtown Anchorage where those looking for less expensive hotels are willing to stay. If you want any better you will have to increase your budget--February is the most expensive month for hotels in Miami, especially the weeks before and after President's Day weekend. $200 will not get you much better than a two star fleabag out near MIA airport.

Eh. It is not the best area. It is not bad, Biscayne is a busy street. But. One one side are nice residential areas with million dollar homes or a 3 bedroom for $650k. On the other sides is a so-so area that I would not recommend walking around at night.

For a one-night stay it is not bad, and there is a popular restaurant in the hotel and a few other near by places to eat. But if you want an active, dense place to enjoy the evening I would say look at Downtown/Brickell or some other areas.

The Vagabond is nice but nothing amazing.

The restaurant is ok.

The only thing is that there is not much to do around the hotel.

Ok, you'll pay $200 but you might want to factor the cost of transportation.

We will really only need the hotel for a night's sleep before our cruise. I guess the only issue we may have is getting a Uber or Taxi on Sunday morning to get us to the port, will this be a problem in this area where the Vagabond Hotel is?

You will have no issues ordering an Uber at all. It should run you about $15 in uber.

Perhaps you want to share your date that you need it and we can give you some ideas of other hotels that are in the same price range. Sometimes things on are LMT that are in that price range.

Thanks, We will be needing a hotel for February 23, 2019 for a 24th sailing on Allure of the Seas. We are flying from the west coast so won't land in FLL until 6:10pm. We really want to stay close to the Port of Miami where we will sail out of. Thanks again for all the help.

I see Hotel Urbano on Last minute travel. Nice small hotel in the Brickell area. There is a trolley stop right in front so you can get to things. It's $195. Much better area. And I'll be darned but they are about to become a Hilton Garden Inn. I have been watching them build the new part of the hotel on the backside and we all thought it was going to be a new condo. I would grab this if it was me!!! Book it with LMT to get that price though.

Here is what it's going to be and their new website. http://www.hotelurbanomiami.com/default-en.html

Hampton Inn Coconut Grove is $203 and I would also chose that over the Vagabond personally. Their MVP rate is about the same.

Wait.

You're flying into FLL? Then getting transportation to a Miami hotel and then again from that hotel to POM?

Why not find a good hotel near FLL (there are several that could be in your price range even though winter rates are in effect) that has a hotel shuttle from the airport and then arrange with either Uber/Lyft/ or S&S Transport for the ride to POM the next morning?

thanks for this information! We checked out the Hotel Urbano and the prices are around $260.00 a night. We will maybe look at hotels near the airport?

Call Last minute travel. Or look for a code to join for free. They have it for $195!!