Breakaway Haven or mini suite with Vibe

Shoppie124

Do it! Priority embarkation, Haven restaurant, butler and concierge service, priority disembarkation at ports, a (mostly) quiet respite from the rest of the ship...the only negatives I can think of are the price and the fact that you will probably be ruined for cruising any other way!

If you have the ability to go Haven, it is a fun time. I’ve never had a more relaxing vacation than our last trip in the Haven on the Escape. The breakfast outside every morning, the coffee and hot chocolate each morning and the bar that never seemed to sleep made it a vacation to remember.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did the Haven three times and it was nice, but then we did Vibe and loved it. There were no kids and the waiters were better than butlers. When we were in the Haven we kind of just stayed in the Haven, but once we went to the Vibe we actually spent time on the rest if the ship and saw how much we missed by being Haven snobs.

I am debating taking the plunge on the Haven. We are currently booked in a mini suite on deck 10. Give me the good and bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If money is not the issue I would book the Haven. For me I really love my French press coffee in the morning. DH had steak and eggs every morning. He loved sitting at the quiet bar watching sports and quiet conversation.

I loved the quiet of the Haven courtyard and sundeck. I found the pool guys to be very attentive, coming around with fruit skewers and mini frozen fruit smoothies. We also were in a Spa Suite so really enjoyed that!

That said, those who say you’ll be spoiled and never go back are wrong. For me I cannot justify the money for such an indulgence at today’s prices. I’d rather be able to cruise more often. If we had more income I would do it again.

That said, those who say you’ll be spoiled and never go back are wrong. For me I cannot justify the money for such an indulgence at today’s prices. I’d rather be able to cruise more often. If we had more income I would do it again.

We don't know if the OP will be spoiled and can't go back.

We are spoiled now and can't go back. I agree with you about today's prices but for us that doesn't mean that we don't book suites, it mean that we don't book NCL.

We will never again cruise on NCL without the Haven but right now we think that it cost too much.

If money is not the issue I would book the Haven. For me I really love my French press coffee in the morning. DH had steak and eggs every morning. He loved sitting at the quiet bar watching sports and quiet conversation.

I loved the quiet of the Haven courtyard and sundeck. I found the pool guys to be very attentive, coming around with fruit skewers and mini frozen fruit smoothies. We also were in a Spa Suite so really enjoyed that!

Neither view is wrong, just different. I cannot cruise on a large ship without being in the Haven. I’d rather save up and cruise less often. For me, it’s quality over quantity. The OP should just be aware that being spoiled for everything else is a possibility!

You could always book the mini suite and then if the upgrade fairy says it is so (your bid is approved), then just suffer in the Haven ;~). If not, then get the vibe pass (if you can)....leave it up to faith...

But on a serious note -- I'd vote Haven. More room, quieter escape if you want.

I would not spend the money to do it. I find the butler and concierge to be useless, so the only real advantage is the restaurant, and maybe the pool. If you have the money for the Haven, don't waste it there cruise on the luxury line where you get real service, and real benefits.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
42 minutes ago, Chuckabobo said:

Can anyone confirm that the Haven Sundeck has a bar/service similar to vibe?

The pictures/video i have seen of the haven sundeck haven't shown a bar of any kind, I presume there is one but just wanted to verify.

There is no bar on the Haven Sundeck, but the waiters come around to serve you drinks. I have been in the Haven three times and the Vibe twice. I prefer the Vibe as there are no kids, the bar is right there and usually you hardly finish your first drink and they are ready to bring you a new one.

44 minutes ago, Chuckabobo said:

Can anyone confirm that the Haven Sundeck has a bar/service similar to vibe?

The pictures/video i have seen of the haven sundeck haven't shown a bar of any kind, I presume there is one but just wanted to verify.

The Haven bar is downstairs. There are servers who will take your drink order while you are on the sundeck and they will deliver the drink to you. The VIBE bar is closer to VIBE guests so service is faster/easier to do it yourself.