Shore Excursion Special Note

shof515

It means they have a limited number of places available, so it is more likely to sell out. They can't just add another bus and guide to handle more people because the location itself has limits to the number of people it can handle.

If you want to take this tour, book it now - do not wait to try to book it onboard. If the excursion does not involve hotel accommodations, flights, or private vehicles, you will still have time to cancel the excursion onboard for a full refund if you change your mind.

Agree the OP needs to book it now if they want that excursion. The number of pax is very limited due to availability. Read the offering to make sure Princess has not changed the cancelation times.

Usually it is a location or an activity that can only handle a given number of people. Princess has probably reserved all the available spots. (we've seen other lines do this). So Princess is politely telling you that if you want this excursion, you'd better book it now. You snooze, you lose.

There is 20 spots left so far and they are multiple times during the day. it is a horse and carriage ride. in the detail itinerary where it breaks down the tour, it says this:

Details:

Transport type:Horse-Drawn Trolley

Transport Capacity (Normal Use):46

then on the bottom in special notes it says this:

Carriages hold 6 -10 people. Participation on this tour is extremely limited.

This is the part that confused me. is princess trying to overbook the tour and not that many can ride in the carriage? When i google the tour operator, i seen they do have multiple carriages that they can use if princess does manage to book all 46 people for tour. I would love to book the tour directly with the operator, but they are long ways away from port and i have some onboard credit i want to up.

In order to offer excursions, Princess guarantees the tour operator a minimum number of participants and the operator tells Princess what is the maximum they can handle. Within that range, Princess will notify the operator at a certain point before the tour day as to how many people are booked.

In our case, the problem was zip lining in Victoria. There was only one time that fit with the ship's schedule. According to the ship, it was sold out. We could see the private operator and every other time slot was open. When we contacted them, they said that the ship had reserved all the spaces for that time.

For your info, if you see 20 spaces remaining on a Princess excursion, that means it is wide open. That's all they ever list. They may have 100 spaces open, but they'll say "20." The issue is that in this case. they can't just arrange an extra bus and make everyone happy. There is a max--you just don't know what that max might be.