Best item you have eaten at Blu

tml

Here´s a video of most of BLU´s old menus and some food.

The new menus are different, yes... but not that much different. They just gut rid of one course, but you can order as much as you like.

I would really be surprised if you would not find a difference between MDR and Blu. Food is one thing - however, BLU is just so much more relaxed and more personal.

IZ5eFfLRz0k

Thank you for posting this video! Which course did they get rid of on the new mennu?

Thanks fellow cruisers for all your help. I've decided, I'm going to Love it! Everything looks and sounds delicious. Smaller intimate restaurant with better service and well prepared food. I can hardly wait for November to try it all ;)

Happy Cruising,

Cheers!

Thank you for posting this video! Which course did they get rid of on the new mennu?

Before it was:

Appetizers

Soups & Salads

Entrees

Now:

Starters (combining the former two selections)

Entrees

But it is absolutely no problem if you order a starter plus a soup or salad before the entree. They still take very good care of you in BLU.

Enjoy your cruise!

For me, the value in Blu is breakfast. I agree with most that, at dinnertime, Blu has evolved to be more and more like the MDR than different from it. But at breakfast, Blu is delightful. It is very much club-like, and we enjoy a leisurely and un-hurried start to our day. But we stick to ocean crossings, where there is little sense of urgency to get to one's tour or shore excursion.

And I got them to perfect my favorite omelette with smoked salmon, spinach, and goat cheese. YMMV.

We were on Summit a few years ago and sailing again in January in Aqua Class. In Blu does it work to order MDR everyday items such as Cesar Salad, escargot and French onion soup? It’s a cruise so I have to have escargot as many times as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to order Caesar Salad, escargot and French Onion Soup every single night, knock yourself out. But don't you get bored eating the same thing every day?

DH and I have a standing order every night in Blu regardless of ship. Not having it would be a deal breaker for us. You can always order the items you mentioned along with shrimp cocktail and the everyday items of chicken, salmon or steak.

We were on Summit a few years ago and sailing again in January in Aqua Class. In Blu does it work to order MDR everyday items such as Cesar Salad, escargot and French onion soup? It’s a cruise so I have to have escargot as many times as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what you mean by "does it work."

You can order any or even all of the daily MDR items for your dinner along with some of the BLU exclusive items.

Not sure what you mean by "does it work."

You can order any or even all of the daily MDR items for your dinner along with some of the BLU exclusive items.

Didn't know if they allowed ordering off the MDR menu and glad to hear that they do.

And no I don't have escargot every day but I will when I don't find anything else I want to try. It is a 12 night cruise.

And another question about the special drinks on the menu that seems to be new since our last sailing and dining in Blu- are they good? Favorites? We just upgraded to Best so have premium Bev package so may want to try them .

Is it possible to order from MDR on Equinox as well? Thought I read something that you only could on ships that shared kitchen. Thanks.

I did not see shrimp cocktail or French onion soup. Sailing Summit soon - in Blu do they still allow ordering from MDR menu as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is it possible to order from MDR on Equinox as well? Thought I read something that you only could on ships that shared kitchen. Thanks.

Although you can't order from MDR on S-class ship, of which Equinox is one, you can get shrimp cocktail, escargot, onion soup, Caesar salad even though they're not on the menu.

As above, you cannot order anything off the MDR menu on Equinox, because of the shared kitchen thing. I did the Chef's Tasting where you go on a tour of the galleys during dinner service, they show you why it doesn't work.

They do have the appetizers as mentioned above plus steak, chicken and salmon.

The blueberry pancakes are quite good. So is the onion soup. All the lamb dishes were good, and all the soups I tried were quite tasty (I'm not a fan of cold soups, so not sure about those).

The shrimp cocktail is super popular, but I live on the Gulf Coast, those shrimp are cooked, flash frozen, then thawed for the cocktail - perfectly safe to eat, but very blah to me. Putting the flash frozen shrimp into cooked dishes is much better bet.