Recent Cruisers on Escape Debarkation ?

LOVEMYMO

Curious to know if the debarkation has been efficient lately. A couple of months ago there were horror stories noted on the amount of time it took to get off.

When we sailed on the Breakaway in April it was really bad for us and ended having to pay overtime to the car service we had waiting for a 10:00 am pick-up - it was 11:45 by the time we actually got into the car. :mad::mad::mad:

• 2 weeks later...
Curious to know if the debarkation has been efficient lately. A couple of months ago there were horror stories noted on the amount of time it took to get off.

When we sailed on the Breakaway in April it was really bad for us and ended having to pay overtime to the car service we had waiting for a 10:00 am pick-up - it was 11:45 by the time we actually got into the car. :mad::mad::mad:

We just got in today and did it. Took about 20-25 minutes

Got off today. I did self-carry (I think that's what it's called) I left my room with my luggage at 8:30 and it took till 10:20 to be on the street across from the terminal.

Got off today. I did self-carry (I think that's what it's called) I left my room with my luggage at 8:30 and it took till 10:20 to be on the street across from the terminal.

Maybe you can elaborate where the hang-ups were so others can avoid the same issues.

Maybe you can elaborate where the hang-ups were so others can avoid the same issues.

There really weren't any hang ups so to speak of just very long lines and wait time. For instance, to just get an elevator to go down with our luggage that wasn't so packed we couldn't get on took 15 minutes. We decided to just get on an elevator that was going up and just take the ride down again rather than wait. Mind you we don't even have large suitcases, we both had a carry-on size suitcase and carried a beach bag and duffle gym bag. We got down to the Manhattan Room and at first I thought that the line wasn't bad but then noticed it snaked through the whole restaurant, so that took about an hour before we scanned to get off, then on to customs. At customs we were told to take the elevator, not sure why but followed directions. That took about 10 minutes to wait for the elevators to go up and down with groups of people. Then on to the line for customs passport check, probably another 25 minutes there. Then out the doors to the walkway and on to the street across the pier to wait for an Uber. We actually walked around the block as it was a bit busy near the taxi stand. The Uber came fast and we were in the car by 10:30. We left our room at about 8:30.

Today we got on line 7:20...disembark started 7:45 we were on the street 7:55...well worth leaving that early. We carried our own luggage, 1 carry on each.

The line was smaller through the Manhattan Room VS forward. There were 2 lines.

Today we got on line 7:20...disembark started 7:45 we were on the street 7:55...well worth leaving that early. We carried our own luggage, 1 carry on each.

The line was smaller through the Manhattan Room VS forward. There were 2 lines.

Lucky! I guess an hour early makes all the difference from when we left at 8:20, on the street 10:20:(

Lucky! I guess an hour early makes all the difference from when we left at 8:20, on the street 10:20:(

No luck at all, I have sailed out of NYC 4 times, our 5th is coming up soon. We do the same thing every time. Self walk-off, get it line at 7am and we are driving away by 8:15

No luck at all, I have sailed out of NYC 4 times, our 5th is coming up soon. We do the same thing every time. Self walk-off, get it line at 7am and we are driving away by 8:15

Yeah we did the self walk off too. It was our first time on Escape, so I thought the 8:40 time was early enough I guess not :(

Are there porters available at the Manhattan terminal, and if so, do they have access to a Customs & Immigration express lane?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As noted, yes. When we last went the shore side staff was directing others to use those agents on the left side as well since there was either no or low # of people waiting.

We just disembarked on Sunday (8/19) We got in line at 8:15 and were on the street before 8:45. Very easy and efficient. We took our own luggage. Lines for elevator were very long, so we hiked down from Deck 11 dragging our suitcases. That was our choice and we laughed all the way down because we were making soooo much noise!