Lights Out

cruisin'4fun

We have been on 16 cruises, I wish that every night at any given time that the ship could turn off all the bright lights on the lito deck so everyone could star gaze! There is probably somesort of maritime law preventing it but it would be awesome if they would or could,even for just 30 minutes.Just as everyone wants to see the sun rise or see the sunset, Nothing beats a star filled sky! Come on Carnival,give us something special to remember,

Unless you have X-ray vision, you wouldn't be able to see the stars if you're wearing one of these.

So you now know whom your dealing with ;p. Actually I thought

Towel Critter was referring to sleep ????

On my last cruise on the Fascination, I went up to the top deck by the putt putt. It was pretty dark by the front of the ship at night. It was beautiful.
Yep, there's usually places in front of ship that are very dark, we find those places and spend a little time there at least once on each cruise.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

In another thread, Chengpk has said that maritme regs require just a few 60 Watt light bulbs lit on the ship at night. Carnival and most other lines' ships are quite lit up throughout the night. I don't know a reason why the ships' lights aren't dimmed.

It's been a very rare cruise where I've been able to glimpse the Milky Way. Usually, all I can spot are a few bright stars or planets. The light pollution on a normal ship obliterates any stargazing attempts.

I wish I could remember which ship or line offers star gazing with low light and telescopes available. Disney maybe? Anyone?