Yeshiva Week 2019

Booked a Grandeur 9 night cruise for 1/24/19-2/2/19 after reading about "yeshiva week" sailings getting worried & don’t want to be on a cruise with a large group. Wondering if I should switch to a 12 night sailing on the Grandeur 1/12/19-1/24/19.

Looks like it’s around the time of my booked cruise. Googled & found this.

Yeshiva Week Budget Cruise Kosher Cruise

aboard the Royal Caribbean: Allure of the Seas

January 20-27, 2019 (7 Nights - Kosher Cruise)

Booked a Grandeur 9 night cruise for 1/24/19-2/2/19 after reading about "yeshiva week" sailings getting worried & don’t want to be on a cruise with a large group. Wondering if I should switch to a 12 night sailing on the Grandeur 1/12/19-1/24/19.

2/2/19 arrives back on a Saturday, which is the Sabbath. That's not going to be appealing to Yeshiva Week cruisers.

2/2/19 arrives back on a Saturday, which is the Sabbath. That's not going to be appealing to Yeshiva Week cruisers.

Do you think then also the 2/12/19 (Saturdayj cruise out of Baltimore would also be less attractive? Is it that they can’t travel on the Sabbath?

Do you think then also the 2/12/19 (Saturdayj cruise out of Baltimore would also be less attractive? Is it that they can’t travel on the Sabbath?

Yes. The Yeshiva week cruises will not depart or return on a Saturday.

I HIGHLY recommend to NOT go during Yevisha week. Our cruise last year on the Anthem was totally ruined because of the big charter. They take over the ship. There are many kids on the cruise and the parents do not control their behavior. It was very frustrating and not an enjoyable cruise at all. Luckily If the cruise leaves or comes back on a Saturday, you are safe.

We are sailing on Allure January 27th to February 3rd, a Sunday to Sunday. By the calander link that was posted it looks as though we miss the week. It might have made some interesting posts for my Live Review, but alas it appears will avoid the week.

I think that the Grandeur would not be as attractive to a big group as the newer ships with the bells and whistles, especially groups with a lot of kids.

Just a little clarification about when Yeshiva week is. There is no set week and even the attached calendar is only a recommended one. I am not even sure which schools it covers.

During that time of year there are many groups of friends that book by themselves and do not go on an organized trip such as the one listed.

The only steadfast rule is that it will not depart or end on a Saturday and it will try to (but not a must) have a sea day on Saturday

Just a little clarification about when Yeshiva week is. There is no set week and even the attached calendar is only a recommended one. I am not even sure which schools it covers.

During that time of year there are many groups of friends that book by themselves and do not go on an organized trip such as the one listed.

The only steadfast rule is that it will not depart or end on a Saturday and it will try to (but not a must) have a sea day on Saturday

The calendar is from the Jewish Education Project in the New York Area.

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't familiar with Yeshiva week and booked an Anthem cruise out of New York, leaving Jan 18 (Fri) and returning 26 (Sat). Since we return on a Saturday do you think I will avoid kids on Yeshiva break? I am considering switching to leaving Jan 26 (Sat) and returning Feb 4 (Sun). I would prefer not switching since I would have to pay $100 change fee. But I have done one Spring Break cruise with lots of kids and vowed not to do another during a school break.

Thank you for helping educate on this! Your steadfast rule mentioned makes me think I might be safe.