Breakaway Margaritaville

kellers13

I did search, however am seeing conflicting info about Margaritaville on the Breakaway. Can anyone please confirm for me if it is A la Carte or a set price?

Margaritaville is on the Breakaway and Getaway now? Ugh!!!! We loved the old (free!) Cuban themed restaurant that was on the Getaway in the past, never made it to the burger/salad joint on the Getaway. I'm not a big fan of chain restaurants.

When we cruised on the Escape in 2015 it was a la carte, now it's a flat $14.95. You can still go in for drinks at the bar (Margaritaville drinks that are only served there and 5 O'Clock Somewhere on the ship). We went there a few times mainly because of mid-day entertainment (Orly, the guitarist - he was amazing) but only had drinks...

You may see conflicting information based in feedback that is no longer current. Best to get information directly from NCL website or hope someone responds that is just off the Breakaway. Even the, it doesn't guarantee there won't be changes again before you sail.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Margaritaville is on the Breakaway and Getaway now? Ugh!!!! We loved the old (free!) Cuban themed restaurant that was on the Getaway in the past, never made it to the burger/salad joint on the Getaway. I'm not a big fan of chain restaurants. When we cruised on the Escape in 2015 it was a la carte, now it's a flat $14.95. You can still go in for drinks at the bar (Margaritaville drinks that are only served there and 5 O'Clock Somewhere on the ship). We went there a few times mainly because of mid-day entertainment (Orly, the guitarist - he was amazing) but only had drinks...

The Flamingo Grill has been gone for a while. And Margaritaville continues to be put on the new ships.

$15 is too much upcharge, per person, for a lunch venue. And they serve way too much food for that $15. They really need to scale it back and let you share a plate of Nachos for 2 or 3 people for $5 extra. Remember that would be an upcharge over the value of included food. We went last December. The good was very good... but we could not eat an appetizer, entree and dessert each for lunch!

I loved the fish tacos and couldn't eat anything more when it was ALC, not sure the tacos are worth $15 now. Can you share with someone else or are both charged?

That's the problem. Every person seated is charged $15 and is entitled to an appetizer, entree and dessert.

You cannot just order Nachos unless you are willing to pay $30 for 2, or $45 for 3!

Do you get complimentary chips and hot sauce and if so is the hot sauce decent?

Edited to add: Can you just go in there and use your UBP for drinks and get complimentary chips and hot sauce without getting involved with a complete lunch? Not to be cheap but app, entree, and dessert is fairly heavy as others have said for lunch.

Liked it much better when it was ala carte. Now for 15.00 pp, you would need to eat enough to make it your main meal for the day. We might go once on our 14 day Bliss cruise, but will probably not bother on a 7 day cruise. In the past with ala carte, we went multiple times during a one week cruise. In fact, they probably got more than 15.00 each from us, just in smaller increments throughout the cruise. Now they are more likely to get zero. It’s a shame because we really like the venue.

Mary Ann

Do you get complimentary chips and hot sauce and if so is the hot sauce decent?

Edited to add: Can you just go in there and use your UBP for drinks and get complimentary chips and hot sauce without getting involved with a complete lunch? Not to be cheap but app, entree, and dessert is fairly heavy as others have said for lunch.

You can use your UBP for drinks at the bar. No, you will not be served chips & salsa.

The last two times I was on a ship with a Margaritaville, the place was a ghost town -- I've seen maybe four people eating in there. Lots of people at the bar, no one in the restaurant. Either someone is sleeping in the Business Analysis division, or they don't care that they have a big space that's losing money (since they have to staff it, even if it's empty.) If there's anyone with sense in NCL management, when the contract with Jimmy is up, those restaurants will be repurposed.

The last two times I was on a ship with a Margaritaville, the place was a ghost town -- I've seen maybe four people eating in there. Lots of people at the bar, no one in the restaurant. Either someone is sleeping in the Business Analysis division, or they don't care that they have a big space that's losing money (since they have to staff it, even if it's empty.) If there's anyone with sense in NCL management, when the contract with Jimmy is up, those restaurants will be repurposed.

It was the same way when we were on board. It seemed like a waste of space,

That's the problem. Every person seated is charged $15 and is entitled to an appetizer, entree and dessert.

You cannot just order Nachos unless you are willing to pay $30 for 2, or $45 for 3!

So if my wife and I are up in the Vibe or any other place on the ship I can't go and get take out Nachos for $15.00?

It was all guests I believe...I know it is on the Getaway and the Escape...

Thank you. It will be nice to have another option than the MDR and O'Sheehan's for breakfast. The buffet is such a madhouse, we prefer a more relaxed setting to start our day.

Sigh. The flat rate is a no go for me. I would happily pay $10 or so for some volcano nachos. I have no desire to pay $15 or so + gratuity PER PERSON or a SDP credit for a lunch there. It is nice to be able to eat breakfast there, but as a paying venue it misses the mark.