Best and cheapest way to get from Fort Lauderdale airport to Port of Miami?

Pier290

I usually Uber from FLL to Port of Miami which has run anywhere from $28 for a private to $78 for a pool for two people. It depends on how busy the airport is. Friday afternoon was the worst for us. I checked recently about an UbexXL for four of us and it was about $75. There are also several shared shuttle companies that make the run for around $20pp. They aren't as convenient as you may get stuck waiting for a while. Are you flying in on embarkation day or do you have a larger time window?

https://www.miamiportexpress.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItuXtqfjR3AIVk-NkCh0m-wgsEAAYAiAAEgLY_PD_BwE

MSC wants $30/pp.

How can our family of 4 get to the Miami port without spending a fortune?! [emoji41] [emoji484]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

Are you arriving in FLL or Mia. If MIA then cabs are cheap, $27.00. If from FLL I have used both SAS and Jiffy Jeff and both are good.

We are thinking of doing a one day auto rental to get from POM to FLL after the cruise. Our flight home leaves at 10:45 PM, so we'll pick up the ship after disembarking , drive into Miami or Ft Lauderdale, have a beach day and dinner and then drive to the airport and drop off the car. Doesn't look too expensive

Uber X (a normal Uber car that can carry 2 persons and their luggage) will cost about $32-$35 (it depends on surge pricing). That gets the total cost down to about $17 per person for a private car. Unlike shuttle services there is no waiting while they pick up their load, and no extra stops (a shuttle can stop at 4 or 5 different piers within the port). Given the cost of taxis from MIA to the Port of Miami we actually think it makes a lot of sense to fly into FLL, take advantage of the better hotel deals in Ft Lauderdale, enjoy our favorite Lauderdale area restaurant, and then just grab Uber to the port.

Hank

We are thinking of doing a one day auto rental to get from POM to FLL after the cruise. Our flight home leaves at 10:45 PM, so we'll pick up the ship after disembarking , drive into Miami or Ft Lauderdale, have a beach day and dinner and then drive to the airport and drop off the car. Doesn't look too expensive
Are u doing a resort for a day? Our flight isn't until 10pm out of FFL...

Is there car rental right at the POM??

Uber X (a normal Uber car that can carry 2 persons and their luggage) will cost about $32-$35 (it depends on surge pricing). That gets the total cost down to about $17 per person for a private car. Unlike shuttle services there is no waiting while they pick up their load, and no extra stops (a shuttle can stop at 4 or 5 different piers within the port). Given the cost of taxis from MIA to the Port of Miami we actually think it makes a lot of sense to fly into FLL, take advantage of the better hotel deals in Ft Lauderdale, enjoy our favorite Lauderdale area restaurant, and then just grab Uber to the port.

Hank

Is it easy to grab Uber from FFL to POM AND at POM back to Fort Lauderdale?

Are u doing a resort for a day? Our flight isn't until 10pm out of FFL...

Is there car rental right at the POM??

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No need to do a resort. We'll just find parking near the beach. There are three state parks in Ft Lauderdale in the beach.

I haven't reserved yet, but when I did a search, it looked like there are tons of shuttles that take you to nauto rental places

• 3 weeks later...

For those who have never used Uber of Lyft, these car services require that you set up an account (in advance) and have a working smart phone to use their services. We have been surprised, when traveling how many folks have no clue to how to use these companies.

Hank

The cheapest would be to take the train from the airport to downtown Miami then a very cheap Uber (less than $8) to the port. You need to first take a shuttle bus to the train and it isn't super frequent but will save a chunk of money and avoids traffic if you arrive at rush hour.

I'm curious as well. I've Ubered to the port, but, never from the port, will that be a problem? Is there a special place to meet them?

It is a minor problem because of the traffic congestion around the terminals. We usually try to stand off to the side (sometimes around half a block away) and then will telephone or text our Uber ride as he/she nears the port to give them specific info on our pick-up point. In most cases we are in our Uber car a lot faster then those waiting in the taxi queue.

Hank

I second the idea of using Uber or Lyft. We did the FLL to MIA in May and were so impressed. In the past when we used a shared shuttle, we had to wait quite a while wondering where they were.

Study up on how to use Uber and which car to request. I loved how we were given minute by minute updates and the description of the car and driver.

We did exactly this earlier this year.

Uber or one of the shuttles mentioned will be the cheapest. We took Larry's Limos from FLL to Port of Miami in March 2017 and it was about $120 for four people, so same as MSC is charging for a Town Car Gaurentee. They sent a new Lincoln Limo instead. Was a nice way to start the embarkation morning. BUT, not the cheapest. Would go with Uber or a shuttle for that.