Do I have a right to be angry?

247kay

Somehow I mistakenly thought you were the guy whose name includes sanmarco.

I'm so angry at myself for making that mistake! :mad:

Now I'm over it. :D

I love coves! ;p

Ok I got ya, LOL :')

I need to re-name this "I know this is my fault and I am no longer upset with anyone so please stop posting snide remarks as they are not helpful and rude."

Hi Kay

Another thing you might notice if you continue following threads on this site, is that many people do not actually read all the threads. Very often you will see that they might not have even read the "first" post, or at least understood it.

People seem to have a tendency to read a few words here and there and as soon as they think they understand, they will give their 2 cents worth whether it make any sense or not. Many will admit that they won't read past the first post because they can't be bothered.

At some point you may want to just ignore any further post, unless for entertainment value. :) You have to remember this is the internet.

have a good day

247kay - I absolutely understand where you're coming from!

We booked a 10 or 11 nighter on Celebrity for hubby's retirement. Wanted a balcony with sliding door, not a hinged door. Guy at Celebrity swore it was slider, but from website ship pictures it didn't look like a slider to me.

I called back several times to verify, every time I was told the vast majority of that category was sliders and that I had a slider.

happened across a picture of my actual cabin - NO SLIDER!

I wrote them an email, nicely spelling out what had transpired and how disappointed I was.

They upgraded us, at no charge, to a two room family veranda, huge balcony and a slider!

I realize it's different from booking a guarantee but you really should be able to believe what their reps tell you.

You may want to write and let them know your disappointment and give them an opportunity to make it right.

I haven't sailed in a cove, my concern though would be if your children are small they may not be able to see out.

I still remember a fellow passenger aboard the Splendor who cornered us outside the MDR whilst we were waiting for it to open one night and swore up and down that she'd never sail Carnival again because her brother/travel agent had lied to her about the Splendor's amenities. She was nonplussed when we told her we always check a ship's official website before booking. A couple of nights later, we walked right by her in the MDR whilst she was lecturing another uncomfortable-looking couple about how much she hated Carnival because her brother had misled her.

I have read thru all the posts and I apologize upfront if I missed someone already mentioning this but if my information is correct the cove balconies are 10 square feet larger than the average size of 35 square feet of balcony area. An added perk in my opinion. :)

I have read thru all the posts and I apologize upfront if I missed someone already mentioning this but if my information is correct the cove balconies are 10 square feet larger than the average size of 35 square feet of balcony area. An added perk in my opinion. :)

Well hey hey hey that is a nice little fact! Thanks!

We really enjoy cove balconies.

The breeze and the sound is so wonderful that we really almost hate to leave the cabin.

We tried a cove and liked it so much that we booked a cove again.

And soon we will be have a cove for the third time.

All three times that we have been booked in a cove, we have received an upgrade offer from Carnival.

So that is something to think about.

However, we just laugh at the offers to upgrade us from a cove.

What I really would not want is a balcony right above that deck where people can walk around the ship.

I think that is deck 5 and the deck above, 6 I think, has balconies that have very little privacy

Oh, you might want to check You Tube for video of the view from a cove. John Heald recently shared one on his facebook page. I think it would make you feel a lot better about your assigned cabin.

Not really. Well you always have the right to be angry, just doesn't mean your right to be so. You booked a rate that meant they would assign you a balcony and that is exactly what you got. It costs more to pick a particular type of balcony and there is a reason for that. I can understand why you are upset because of what the customer service rep told you. It is important to read the contract you are agreeing to when booking as that is ultimately what matters. Reps are often overwork and undertrained so while it may not seem intuitive are not the most reliable source of information.

Without this board I would not have known that Reps can be so incredibly misinformed. It probably means that a lot of people from all of the cruise lines find themselves in your position or similarly irritating ones.

You absolutely have the right to be angry that you were either misinformed or lied to. Unfortunately since the guarantee rooms don’t separate room types beyond the basics, ie inside, ocean view, balcony, Carnival is unlikely to help you. It’s almost as if they aren’t responsible for anything their representatives say. I totally understand the rules of a guaranteed room but if you ask for specific things to be clarified and you are misinformed, you do not feel like you’re getting what y agreed to.

I’ve had problems with their Reps too. I can only advise you to report that representative and run all questions through this forum in the future. It is a shame we have to run everything by an online forum before we know if a representative’s answers are accurate.

I booked a balcony cabin at a rate where the cabin would be choosen for me. I have done this before on a ship without cove balconies. I asked the agent MULTIPLE times if I might get a cove. I had already checked and noticed all the coves were booked anyways and she assured me over and over that I would not be assigned a cove. Well guess what....COVE! I am frustrated and feel that since there are numerous balconies open they should be able to move me with out charging me. I may would have left my booking as is if I had known this was a possibility (I was booked on a another sailing). This was not my fault in my view as I was assured by their agent that a cove was not a possibility. I don't want to hear from people about how they love the coves I know some people feel that way but we wanted a regular balcony and I feel that I should have gotten one as this is what I was told. Is there someone else I can contact to ask about this. When I call their regular number I just get very unhelpful vacation planner.

You were not told you’d get a regular balcony. You booked a guarantee to save money. If you want a specific room pay additional. There are some rooms or locations I absolutely would NOT want and so I do not book guanrtee category. I pick my room and pay additional. You really don’t have a right to be angry, pay for what you want.

Think about it logically, you want to have the cheapest rate for a balcony but are demanding something better than the cheapest rate balcony. It doesn’t work like that. They can still sell those more expensive rooms, why give them away at the lower rate you paid?

I think if cruise lines are going to sell guarantee at a discount they should assign the rooms at the pier. This would eliminate hurt feelings or trying to figure out how to upgrade without paying more.

I’ve had problems with their Reps too. I can only advise you to report that representative and run all questions through this forum in the future. It is a shame we have to run everything by an online forum before we know if a representative’s answers are accurate.

That's one reason it's best to have a GOOD PVP at Carnival rather than dealing with the agents at the 800#.

We had someone in our social media roll call for next year call the 800# to inquire about cabanas in Half Moon Cay as well as FTTF. The agent told the person that FTTF would go on sale about 6 months prior to our sail date and cabanas would go on sale about 3-6 months prior to our sail date... lol

The cabanas sold out back in May and FTTF sold out back in June. (FTTF can open up more slots but the cabanas are actually all booked)

I booked a balcony cabin at a rate where the cabin would be choosen for me. I have done this before on a ship without cove balconies. I asked the agent MULTIPLE times if I might get a cove. I had already checked and noticed all the coves were booked anyways and she assured me over and over that I would not be assigned a cove. Well guess what....COVE! I am frustrated and feel that since there are numerous balconies open they should be able to move me with out charging me. I may would have left my booking as is if I had known this was a possibility (I was booked on a another sailing). This was not my fault in my view as I was assured by their agent that a cove was not a possibility. I don't want to hear from people about how they love the coves I know some people feel that way but we wanted a regular balcony and I feel that I should have gotten one as this is what I was told. Is there someone else I can contact to ask about this. When I call their regular number I just get very unhelpful vacation planner.

Why not pick your balcony room from the beginning?

That's one reason it's best to have a GOOD PVP at Carnival rather than dealing with the agents at the 800#.

We had someone in our social media roll call for next year call the 800# to inquire about cabanas in Half Moon Cay as well as FTTF. The agent told the person that FTTF would go on sale about 6 months prior to our sail date and cabanas would go on sale about 3-6 months prior to our sail date... lol

The cabanas sold out back in May and FTTF sold out back in June. (FTTF can open up more slots but the cabanas are actually all booked)

Yes, if I enjoy my first Carnival Cruise I will try using a PVP. My issue was just a drawn out yet easy fix thankfully. I price matched an easy saver rate. I told the rep that I was calling specifically because I didn’t want to change rooms. I told him the exact name of the rate I was price matching, we went over it and both of us made sure all the terms were the same. I even explained that I didn’t want the lowest rate deal available because it was for a guarantee room and I didn’t want to do that since I was traveling with others and our rooms are together. He was as nice as could be and assured me he had done everything correctly in the end. When my confirmation arrived I had hundreds of dollars more than I was supposed to in OBC and of course I was moved out of my room to a guarantee. I jumped on the phone right away to fix it. First the Rep told me I’d have to pay more! I had to explain to her that I had already paid more than the current rate and that even if they switched me back to my original rate they would owe me OBC. Anyway it took forever and she couldn’t see the deal I saw online at first but they finally fixed it over an hour later I got the original OBC I was calling for and my room back. 😒 I’m still very thankful that someone figured out how to fix it (side note, my room isn’t even great, it’s just near my travel companions. I can’t believe I had to go through all this to keep such an underwhelming cabin lol).

It just took way too much effort for the tiniest bit of OBC. I only called because everyone here told me it was better to call for a price match since the form online has messed up before too. Next time I’m not calling or applying for anything less than $100 difference. It is not worth the hassle.

No I absolutely did not expect an upgrade, just what I was told. If you had read my other comments you would see that I am considering paying the price to move. No need to be rude. I have picked my cabin on every other sailing in a balcony and am fine paying to do so. I understand this is partly my own fault and I have said as much.

No one is being rude. Sometimes the truth just doesn't suit people, so they incorrectly feel those speaking the truth are being rude. Not the case ! After all, you aired this for public discussion and opinion - and people are giving their opinions.

You have been a member here quite a while, I find it hard to believe you have not read (even read repeatedly) how misinformed many Carnival employees are.

Edited by lizardhowson

You were not told you’d get abi regular balcony. You booked a guarantee to save money. If you want a specific room pay additional. There are some rooms or locations I absolutely would NOT want and so I do not book guanrtee category. I pick my room and pay additional. You really don’t have a right to be angry, pay for what you want.

Think about it logically, you want to have the cheapest rate for a balcony but are demanding something better than the cheapest rate balcony. It doesn’t work like that. They can still sell those more expensive rooms, why give them away at the lower rate you paid?

I think if cruise lines are going to sell guarantee at a discount they should assign the rooms at the pier. This would eliminate hurt feelings or trying to figure out how to upgrade without paying more.

I actually was told I would get a regular balcony. If I wasn't why would I even bother coming to this board, how would that help "get something I didn't pay for". The PVP made it sound as if that was a different category cabin. I am demanding nothing just didn't understand that coves were the same category as I was misinformed. It doesn't say in the contract that a cove may be assigned, just the possibility of an obstructed balcony which doesn't exist on the dream.

No one is being rude. Sometimes the truth just doesn't suit people, so they incorrectly feel those speaking the truth are being rude. Not the case ! After all, you aired this for public discussion and opinion - and people are giving their opinions.

You have been a member here quite a while, I find it hard to believe you have not read (even read repeatedly) how misinformed many Carnival employees are.

Yes, people have been rude when people say I have no one to mad at but myself, that agree with totally. That to me is the truth but there have been rude snide smart remarks that were not needed. Once again probably my fault as I know the world is full of people with no lives trolling the internet. Why wouldn't they jump aboard for their own enjoyment.

[quwsote=Swagner36;56699395]You said you didn’t want to hear about people loving the cove balcony and what’s the first reply. They love the cove balcony. If people would only read

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They read just fine it's their comprehension that stinks.:loudcry:

It is understandable to feel cheated. I suspect some people upgraded to regular balconies and your balcony became a cove.