Have any of you used Nationwide Travel Insurance?

Have you used Nationwide insurance and had any experience with submitting a claim? I am weighing travel insurance options. I would appreciate any feedback in particular with claim response. One hopes they never need to use it but it's better to be safe and educated than sorry.

Thank you!

Have you used Nationwide insurance and had any experience with submitting a claim? I am weighing travel insurance options. I would appreciate any feedback in particular with claim response. One hopes they never need to use it but it's better to be safe and educated than sorry.

Thank you!

We had a great experience with them (if you're talking about the cruise-specific policies). We had an Eastern Caribbean on Oasis changed to Western due to the 2017 hurricane damage to St. Martin, etc. The policy paid us compensation for the missed ports - I don't think many policies do that. They were very helpful over the phone and paid very promptly.

Thank you!

Used Nationwide for a cruise with a medical emergency for my brother.

I got off the ship with him in Nassau.

He was reimbursed most of his medical however it did not cover any hotel costs for either of us.

The only expense covered for me was my flight home and the missed cruise days prorated.

Now when I shop insurance, I make sure it covers hotel costs too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you!

It took me 6 months to get paid and a lot of aggervation.

We have had to make two claims from Nationwide in the past three years. First one we had to cancel a cruise one week before it was due to start. Nationwide picked up the bill for the cruise and all associated losses with the exception of £50 excess per person which we were very happy to pay given the circumstances.

The second claim was for a missed flight due to the airport being inaccessible due to torrential rain of biblical proportions! The planes came and went without passengers onboard because trains, cars and taxis were all stuck in floods. Again Nationwide paid the claim in full with the minimum of fuss.

I highly recommend them. Just ensure that you extend your cover to include the USA if that is your destination and you can also increase the length of cover to cover a long trip.

We had a great experience with them (if you're talking about the cruise-specific policies). We had an Eastern Caribbean on Oasis changed to Western due to the 2017 hurricane damage to St. Martin, etc. The policy paid us compensation for the missed ports - I don't think many policies do that. They were very helpful over the phone and paid very promptly.

We were on the same cruise and had a similar experience in dealing with Nationwide. This was the "Choice" policy.

I had this same thing too for my honeymoon cruise (booked Eastern, re-routed Western). I had travel insurance, but had no idea we were entitled to compensation (same insurance as you, I would assume). Out of curiosity, and if you don’t mind sharing, how large was their compensation back to you? I’m annoyed now that my TA didn’t know that we were eligible for this. Ugh.

I had this same thing too for my honeymoon cruise (booked Eastern, re-routed Western). I had travel insurance, but had no idea we were entitled to compensation (same insurance as you, I would assume). Out of curiosity, and if you don’t mind sharing, how large was their compensation back to you? I’m annoyed now that my TA didn’t know that we were eligible for this. Ugh.

Nationwide has 3 levels of cruise policies- Universal cruise pays out $500 for a port of call change, Choice cruise pays $750 and Luxury cruise pays out $1000

Also, you may want to check on reimbursement depending on how long ago your cruise was. Worst they can do is say no

Nationwide has 3 levels of cruise policies- Universal cruise pays out $500 for a port of call change, Choice cruise pays $750 and Luxury cruise pays out $1000

Also, you may want to check on reimbursement depending on how long ago your cruise was. Worst they can do is say no

It was October, 2017. Do you think it’d be worth it to reach out and see? [emoji31]

We have had to make two claims from Nationwide in the past three years. First one we had to cancel a cruise one week before it was due to start. Nationwide picked up the bill for the cruise and all associated losses with the exception of £50 excess per person which we were very happy to pay given the circumstances.

The second claim was for a missed flight due to the airport being inaccessible due to torrential rain of biblical proportions! The planes came and went without passengers onboard because trains, cars and taxis were all stuck in floods. Again Nationwide paid the claim in full with the minimum of fuss.

I highly recommend them. Just ensure that you extend your cover to include the USA if that is your destination and you can also increase the length of cover to cover a long trip.

I’m not sure that Nationwide UK and Nationwide US are the same company, OP may want to clarify which country they are traveling from!

Not knowing your travel agent, she/he might not have mentioned it to you because the missed port is not covered in all states. For example, I live in NY and it is not a covered option, buy my sister who travels with me half the time lives in AL and her state covers it.

Don't just jump to conclusions unless you have read your policy which outlines what's covered and what's not. Fo me, as an example, I don't have insurance that covers me outside the USA, so I don't want to get insurance that is secondary for medical in that I don't want to delay repayment by having to submit a claim to my insurance company and wait a month or two to have them reject the claim and then have to submit that info to Nationwide or some other insurance I choose. There are many things to consider when purchasing a policy and price is NOT the only thing to think about.

Thank you!

We got a good quote and a great plan through John Hancock Insurance. We are 30-something’s with good health but want coverage for changes in itinerary during hurricane season. They also include “Cancel for Any Reason. “

• 4 months later...