BOGO dining

Is it easy to change restaurants if you don't like the ones they schedule you for? Would it be possible to eat at wonderland using this deal?

Very easy to change if space is available. Don't know about Wonderland.

Is it easy to change restaurants if you don't like the ones they schedule you for? Would it be possible to eat at wonderland using this deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, have done it many times. Normally buy the on-line BOGO for $40/person. When we get on the ship we go to any SR and make/change our reservation time and place. This includes the Anthem, Harmony, Allure and Rhapsody. Yes, not all ships have Wonderland. However, that is our favorite and it is an experience. Forget reading the menu. Let your waiter bring things to you and eat what you like. Your waiter will ask you a couple questions to determine what you may or may not like. Happy Cruising!!

I just tried booking the BOGO for a September 6 cruise on the Anthem. However, it gave me a reservation time of 9pm, so Imcancelled the sale. Would we be able to change the time to a more reasonable one?

I just tried booking the BOGO for a September 6 cruise on the Anthem. However, it gave me a reservation time of 9pm, so Imcancelled the sale. Would we be able to change the time to a more reasonable one?

You won't really know until you are onboard.

You won't really know until you are onboard.

They are always going to give preference to people who pay full price for the meal.

BOGO purchasers get what is left.

Sometimes there are a lot of advance reservations, sometimes not. It's a crap shoot.

When we booked the BOGO on Anthem, there were multiple reservation times available to choose and we were able to get the time we wanted at booking. We were assigned Chops the first night and Wonderland the second night. The confirm in the cabin had Chops for the time we picked and Wonderland a half hour later. When Wonderland called to confirm, they confirmed the time we had booked, not the time on the letter.

I would book the BOGO and then try to change once you board. If they say no, just cancel it and get a refund.

Yes, have done it many times. Normally buy the on-line BOGO for $40/person. When we get on the ship we go to any SR and make/change our reservation time and place. This includes the Anthem, Harmony, Allure and Rhapsody. Yes, not all ships have Wonderland. However, that is our favorite and it is an experience. Forget reading the menu. Let your waiter bring things to you and eat what you like. Your waiter will ask you a couple questions to determine what you may or may not like. Happy Cruising!!

:confused:You were able to change it from the second night to a different night even though it says you are confined to the 1st and 2nd? I'm wresting with this decision too as the OP is for our future sailing. Want to try Giovanni's for a birthday celebration but tempted to go for BOGO and see what happens. Wish they'd just have FNDR instead. I guess they want people in the specialty restaurants on the formal nights...

:confused:You were able to change it from the second night to a different night even though it says you are confined to the 1st and 2nd? I'm wresting with this decision too as the OP is for our future sailing. Want to try Giovanni's for a birthday celebration but tempted to go for BOGO and see what happens. Wish they'd just have FNDR instead. I guess they want people in the specialty restaurants on the formal nights...

NO, I did not change it from the 1st and 2nd nights. I was not clear. I changed dining times and SRs only. Formal nights are sort of more formal in the SRs. We dress up and thus we like the 2nd night in Wonderland if it is on the ship we are on. Hope this clears it up for you.

Seems like they can not even hold to the first night rule. We booked a BOGO and then called C@A to add a three night package and they put it on the first night also. It now shows in the cruise planner as two reservations for day 1. I might try to add another BOGO for day 2.