DWTS Fall 2018, Dresses and more...

I really liked Erin's gown tonight.  It was pretty.

Liked Carrie Ann's too.  It was very different.  I wouldn't be able to stand the high neck myself.

Between Alan with the Bandaids, Bruno's sheer shirt and Bobby's open shirt, there was a lot of male chest flauting.

Sharna had the best range of facial expressions tonight.

Extremely unhappy with one of the dancers who went home tonight.  I think perhaps they need to look at how voting is done, as this was a travesty.  I know the 'best' dancer often doesn't win, but this was ridiculous.

Erin's dress was fine, her hair looked like she'd just come off the beach though and didn't match the dress.  What I could see of Carrie Ann's dress did not appeal to me; I could never wear such an uncomfortable looking high neck.

8 minutes ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

Extremely unhappy with one of the dancers who went home tonight.  I think perhaps they need to look at how voting is done, as this was a travesty.  I know the 'best' dancer often doesn't win, but this was ridiculous.

Erin's dress was fine, her hair looked like she'd just come off the beach though and didn't match the dress.  What I could see of Carrie Ann's dress did not appeal to me; I could never wear such an uncomfortable looking high neck.

I agree about the voting.  They need to do something like give more weight to the judge's votes and less to the viewers.  The reaction from the judges, especially Len said it all:  sending the one couple home was a travesty!

Agree about the voting.  What the heck!?!  I thought he would be #1 or #2.  They definitely need to give more weight to the judges so it's not just a popularity contest.

I liked Erin's hair and dress.  I wasn't too sure about the bow in the front at first but once I saw her full length, it made more sense.  I didn't like Carrie Ann's high neck and that big, black flower thing.  It seemed too severe.

LOL about the chest flaunting. :classic_smile:  Bruno's shirt was just awful and Alan's bandaids - TMI.  Sharna always has good facial expressions.  She looks like she's about to throw up just before every elimination.

Finally got around to watching the show.  I did not care for Erin's dress - I might have liked it more without the ribbon around her waist.  Didn't care much for her hair either.  I liked Carrie Ann's dress but that flowery thing at the top would have driven me nuts.

Okay,  over the seasons of DWTS there have been winners who I thought weren't the best choice, but I could see that they were good dancers and could understand why they won.

But tonight it was a travesty!  Not only was the winner not the best dancer, but they were the worst by far.   I think the show has become a farce.  They need to fix the judging so that the real judges get more weight and the fans much less.

I liked Carrie Ann's dress.  I thought Erin's was too low cut.

I liked both the dresses and really liked Erin's hair.

Admittedly I fast forwarded through many parts this season but it seemed to me there was no obvious front runner through the season like we have seen in the past (Alfonso Ribeiro, Bindi Irwin, Jordan Fisher, etc.)

I wish they would do away with all the wasted time on the final show where people are dancing in the streets, etc. (Yes, I fast forwarded through that!).

Hi all!

I didn't like either of the dresses, Erin looks so wide, could she be pregnant?!

Had seen a headline, maybe on USA Today saying could he win, but didn't pay attention. They need to do something about the scoring, sure it's great to be popular but it is a dance competition not a popularity contest!!

See you next season! Happy Thanksgiving.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• 2 weeks later...

Wow.  We were on a cruise and so I just watched the finale, fast forwarding through almost everything but the last dances and the end.

Travesty is a good word for this.  All the other dancers were much superior and I can't believe the judges gave him 10's.  I wasn't familiar with the guy before the show, but he really set my teeth on edge the first night.  He did tone down the over the top antics and did improve, but was by far the worst dancer of the final four and much worse than several others who left earlier

My husband has now vowed to stop watching, he was so disgusted when Juan Pablo was voted off.  The voting needs to be fixed; it should not be a popularity contest.  I realize it is not necessarily the best dancer who wins, but it should at least be someone who is pretty darn good.  

I would have been fine with any of the other three, especially Milo.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I heard that too.  I'm actually not surprised with the way the voting went.  How in the world was Bobby Bones able to win with the poorest judges votes?  Not too mention several others who were voted off before him.

Too much weight must be given to the popular vote and not enough to the actual experts.  Many people were really upset with the outcome this year, including me.

I didn't like the short season last spring either.  I also can imagine finding 'stars' isn't that easy; it is quite a commitment; especially finding people we have actually heard of, without getting 'ringers'--those with quite a bit of dance experience.

Actually, I was kind of happy Bobby Bones won.  Too many times you knew who was going to win by the second week.  He seems to have a large fan base, plus there were probably people sick of seeing ringers with prior dance experience win all the time.

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:42 AM, mafig said:

Actually, I was kind of happy Bobby Bones won.  Too many times you knew who was going to win by the second week.  He seems to have a large fan base, plus there were probably people sick of seeing ringers with prior dance experience win all the time.

this kind of speaks to this -

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/bobby-bones-says-hes-never-dancing-again-after-winning-dancing-with-the-stars-ive-retired/ar-BBQYpjL?li=BBnb4R7

• 7 months later...