Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

We really love both Bangkok and Japan.

This Christmas will be our 80th stay at the same hotel. We had over 20 visits before we graduated to the Sheraton grande Sukhumvit.

And well over 50 visits to Japan. loved it so much that after our first trip 28 years ago I went back to university and did 2 years of Japanese. Unfortunately basically have forgotten it but now I find it is actually better to murder a few words of Japanese and then the person you are talking to will not lose face by making mistakes in their English.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

May be an image of outdoors and text that says 'hree Wise Women Would have asked directions Arrived on time Helped deliver the baby Brought practical gifts Cleaned the stable Made a casserole and there would be Peace on earth!'

Wrong from the first phrase:  the three wise men DID ask for directions, and that was where the trouble started [slaughter of the innocents].  That's why ever since men have refused to ask directions...

• Haha 5

Is this a new twist on General Relativity? Eat chocolate faster, gain mass, speed up time? I didn't learn it that way... As you move faster, mass increases, but time slows down. Stands to reason that you should eat the chocolate slowly!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Is this a new twist on General Relativity? Eat chocolate faster, gain mass, speed up time? I didn't learn it that way... As you move faster, mass increases, but time slows down. Stands to reason that you should eat the chocolate slowly!

The theory of special relativity says eat chocolate quickly before your ‘special’ relatives scarf it up!

• Haha 3

Every year the Times Square Alliance allows people to jot their New Year's Wishes on the Wishing Wall and those wishes drop with the confetti in Times Square on New Year's Eve.  They also allow people to enter their wishes on their website.  I have done this for a number of years and this year I have "wished" for the Water Cooler Denizens.  So a piece of confetti this year will have my wish on it.

Capture.JPG.e3051be04974060ac37416132ebac146.JPG

Should you wish to add a wish here is the link.....https://www.timessquarenyc.org/whats-happening/nye-wishing-wall

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

19 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Wrong from the first phrase:  the three wise men DID ask for directions, and that was where the trouble started [slaughter of the innocents].

Not sure of your scriptural reference here - 3 wise men connected to the slaughter of the innocents?