Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

6 minutes ago, mchell810 said:

No such issues for me -- I'm still hoping today will be our last day temps over 100 degrees! (Hopefully we can stop breaking heat records!)

IMG_9555.jpeg

The question here is: Will we ever be able to turn off the air conditioning?

WOW!  The struggle is real!  I hope your temperatures moderate! 🥰

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DavyWavey70 said:

Well I, for one, like to uphold standards and use a fish knife! And did you know that the little notches in fish forks are for assisting in removing bones? 

IMG_6051.JPG

Lovely table. I have silver cutlery including fish knife. But I plan to sell them soon as I want to downsize to a smaller apartment.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

Davey, 

Would that be a table in your esteemed country inn?  I have on bucket list to spend a month circumnavigating England-Wales-Scotland with my DW.  Would love to stop by! 

That was my lockdown Christmas lunch table wwft. It was an 11 course meal served over about 12 hours. 

8 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

My inherited fish service remains in the sideboard, it has seen little use as of late. I forget it is even there. I don't entertain as I once did…

And then, there are those ice cream forks…

Davy your place settings are elegant and special.

Thank you Spinns, hope you are both well.

• Like 2

reading along and relaxing into a Friday night, thank you all for your posts

sorry to hear about the heat further down south, Virginia is having its first fall weather, and it feels wonderful!  someone turned on the great AC in the sky

had to look up Lola's neffness; a British slang term I fear would apply to my wardrobe

• Like 3

1 hour ago, QueSeraSera said:

reading along and relaxing into a Friday night, thank you all for your posts

sorry to hear about the heat further down south, Virginia is having its first fall weather, and it feels wonderful!  someone turned on the great AC in the sky

had to look up Lola's neffness; a British slang term I fear would apply to my wardrobe

Haha, I don’t for one second that there’s anything naff about Lola QSS. We don’t have much AC here in wales but I do think that someone has left the lid open on the chest freezer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

When home we do have an air conditioner. Only use it sparingly in summer as we also have fans. Using it in heating mode is once in a blue moon.

I used to have a bit of a giggle when I worked in Tasmania as the house or apartment I was given to live in had a very similiar appliance. In winter I was told to just leave the heat pump on. It was some time before I became aware that the heat pump was what they called their air conditioners.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DavyWavey70 said:

Haha, I don’t for one second that there’s anything naff about Lola QSS. We don’t have much AC here in wales but I do think that someone has left the lid open on the chest freezer. 

I fear that I am fairly naff, Davey, but neff?  Well, I would have to look that one up, not heard of it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, drron29 said:

Is CC trying to keep us in the dark down under. haven't been able to access it all day on my phone or computer.

It was out here when I got up at 7:00 am.  Hopefully the issue has been resolved. 

27 minutes ago, lincslady said:

It is not the first time -was off apparently worldwide a couple of days ago for quite a long time - I think Lois got some sort of explanation from them.  It's those C.....e or R......s spying again!

Hi Lola, yes, I emailed the help desk and the reply I received back basically said they were aware of a problem. They did not expand on what that problem was, but were working on getting it fixed.

3 hours ago, drron29 said:

Is CC trying to keep us in the dark down under. haven't been able to access it all day on my phone or computer.

I’ve been on the site a few times during the day without any problems. Sometimes technology has a mind of its own!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Port Power said:

But the CC site just now had a hissy fit when I tried to edit. “Cannot find that site”.  Third time lucky after a second such message.  I must have been lucky this morning earlier this afternoon. 😅 

I have been getting that same message too.........multiple times. 

40 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

I have not seen her on board Le Commandant Charcot, either!

I'm not surprised!  I think she tends to frequent places where imbibing is not encouraged.   I most admit that I have never made her acquaintance.   😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Problems here too, after midnight last night (GMT) then this morning until past lunchtime. Our internet has seemed a little strange though recently, since about the same time that Google searches have been generating AI responses at the top. I'm having multiple sites that I use regularly loading partially, incorrectly or not at all this last week or 2. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1