Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Weird...thought I posted this already.......

Good morning.....had a friend tell me true story. She was in the store the other day (store 

requires masks).  Person comes in without one and the security guard tells her she needs to

put one on.....that person got really mad and attacked the guard👎.......how sad is that.....or

just what happens in 2020........some folks are nuts!

Many excellent and fun postings here at The Cooler by the "Usual Suspects"!!

This past weekend, I played Santa.  Did "it" via video hook-ups.  Below is a picture of me on an iPad with a good friend's granddaughter who was visiting Columbus from Brooklyn.  Did I look the part?

Christmas and the New Year are getting very, very close.  Let me be the first to wish everyone the best for this holiday season.  AND, we all wish for a better 2021!!!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

618515098_ScreenShot2020-12-21at7_02_33PM.thumb.png.ad197eaa2a00ca816ca28f52e8d5b90b.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

Many excellent and fun postings here at The Cooler by the "Usual Suspects"!!

This past weekend, I played Santa.  Did "it" via video hook-ups.  Below is a picture of me on an iPad with a good friend's granddaughter who was visiting Columbus from Brooklyn.  Did I look the part?

Christmas and the New Year are getting very, very close.  Let me be the first to wish everyone the best for this holiday season.  AND, we all wish for a better 2021!!!!

618515098_ScreenShot2020-12-21at7_02_33PM.thumb.png.ad197eaa2a00ca816ca28f52e8d5b90b.png

Hi Terry, yes, you definitely looked the part!😀

I'm sure you all know the mantra - port side out . . . 

This Graham's 1985 port is the last bottle remaining from our London days.  Our Victorian house had a proper cellar where we started to collect wine in a moderately serious way.  By the time we moved to the country in 2003 we had drunk most of it and sold some of it, too.  Well, this is the lone survivor and I'll decant it tomorrow.  The decanter, by the way, is Moser crystal from Czechoslovakia which was bought in Prague in the early 1980s, matching the port.  The glasses are by Baccarat.

Cheers to one and all!

DSC_0013.jpg

Edited by Fletcher
  • Like 5

Chris got a preliminary vaccine timeslot for Tuesday! Hoping that will be close to reality, and she doesn't have to wait too much longer. I am back in ICU next week...

We have been baking and cooking a lot this week. We made some honey cakes and last night I baked some poppy seed bread. Chris started making the fillings for our pierogi. 

The Christmas Goose is brining now, and I'll take it out tonight to dry the skin, before roasting on Friday. 

Last night was a simple dish of broccoli rabe, sausage, and orecchiette pasta. Finished with grated cheese and olive oil. Very satisfying. 

20201222_184129.thumb.jpg.105780bbb38258ab69f6fe252da954af.jpg

I served it with a red - A Barbera from California. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

630284814.jpg.e150bc16c2ca54d90bffb68f46224764.jpg

I have been working on making these wreaths for gifts.  Here is a photo taken by DD of her door.

I used so many corks that I can no longer build an ark. Perhaps just a raft.

It's gorgeous Spins!  Nicely done!  🥰

10 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

have been working on making these wreaths for gifts.  Here is a photo taken by DD of her door.

Is that one entitled, "The Weekender"? Asking for a friend...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, spinnaker2 said:

630284814.jpg.e150bc16c2ca54d90bffb68f46224764.jpg

I have been working on making these wreaths for gifts.  Here is a photo taken by DD of her door.

Spins, that looks wonderful! You are very talented!😀

15 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Looking good, Terry Claus! A right jolly old elf!

Appreciate the kind follow-ups from Lois and J.P.  BUT, did our Albany, NY, friend need to mention the "OLD" part??   Yes, it's kind of true and fitting the role for being a Santa, but we all like to think we are "YOUNG" and/or maybe middle-aged.  Right?

536168299_ScreenShot2020-12-23at11_08_02AM.thumb.png.c993a41994a8592adf0b809b2ba58920.png

2 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Last night was a simple dish of broccoli rabe, sausage, and orecchiette pasta. Finished with grated cheese and olive oil. Very satisfying. 

JP, have you been getting recipes from that other cruise line?  The Seabourn blog has a recipe for orecchiette pasta with Italian sausage, broccoli rabe, cherry tomatoes and Parmigiano Reggiano.  They made it look like yours. 😀

Current - A travel blog by Seabourn.pdf

Ann was considering making it yesterday.  Instead, we made pizzas.

20201222_193237.thumb.jpg.472945efcb21a430dc59331ccdc4b731.jpg

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

My version of cuccidati.

walnuts

figs

dates

apricots

raisins

honey

rum

cinnamon

orange zest

dark chocolate chips

Healthy 

374825859_20201223_1243552.thumb.jpg.301cb60a5478cd2302fac198b27a22d1.jpg

511611156_20201223_1252533.thumb.jpg.19914fb3546b51eedd7400294227ef26.jpg

This is another example for the need of a WOW button!  Spectacular Spins!

• Like 1