Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

3 hours ago, mysty said:

Greetings Coolers!

Myster and I returned to the Black Tartan Kitchen last week for a Beer and Whisky tasting menu.  It was superb!  For those interested,  enjoy!

received_454639023976403.thumb.jpeg.d470e2b6722b0b461aeec10fb2f37d8d.jpeg

received_1138204264107065.thumb.jpeg.b57aa04390884d33e7b51c5d58f5cc9f.jpeg

received_1159242315279055.thumb.jpeg.e0ea3347d381389e551d966817dcfeb2.jpeg

received_994493372146811.thumb.jpeg.040e9e462a542ecb98c57db7499de5d8.jpeg

received_828637928835208.thumb.jpeg.c6865dfe537e2ce399df4b2b9e77ad41.jpeg

I included in my list. Maybe 2025!

And should I ever go to UK, @Daveywavey70 hotel is a must do, where ever it is!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Lirio said:

I included in my list. Maybe 2025!

And should I ever go to UK, @Daveywavey70 hotel is a must do, where ever it is!

I’m in the Conwy Valley Lirio. I’m not sure I’m allowed to the share exact details here but here is a link to the area. It would be great to meet you. 
https://www.visitsnowdonia.info/conwy-valley-and-hiraethog

• Like 5

4 hours ago, mysty said:

Greetings Coolers!

Myster and I returned to the Black Tartan Kitchen last week for a Beer and Whisky tasting menu.  It was superb!  For those interested,  enjoy!

received_454639023976403.thumb.jpeg.d470e2b6722b0b461aeec10fb2f37d8d.jpeg

received_1138204264107065.thumb.jpeg.b57aa04390884d33e7b51c5d58f5cc9f.jpeg

received_1159242315279055.thumb.jpeg.e0ea3347d381389e551d966817dcfeb2.jpeg

received_994493372146811.thumb.jpeg.040e9e462a542ecb98c57db7499de5d8.jpeg

received_828637928835208.thumb.jpeg.c6865dfe537e2ce399df4b2b9e77ad41.jpeg

And wishing yourself all my other Canuck friends a very happy Canada day! 

image.jpeg.228b091c3c5f19690f0dbf4b22179fdf.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, lincslady said:

So I am not quite the wild woman

instead, adorable

On Canada Day Eve, i thought this love song by a group from London on the beautiful island of Iceland could be offered to our Northern neighbors by an American still traumatized by the debate

Edited by QueSeraSera
just me
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

instead, adorable

On Canada Day Eve, i thought this love song by a group from London on the beautiful island of Iceland could be offered to our Northern neighbors by an American still traumatized by the debate

Thank you for this Que! 🥰

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

instead, adorable

Thanks,

Just watched it on the big screen.  It was good.  But they got their feet wet. 🙂

Jeff

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

they got their feet wet

more than that, a feeling we're slipping here, up North an anchor, but don't want to know who we'd be without them, or you across the pond, or really, when I think about it, all the different countries represented by those in the cooler.  somehow, I think we'll work through it

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

Coolers.

Some music for those in a chronic need of some.

Pomplamouse @Scary Pockets.

Trivia: She is married to the organist.

Jeff

I’m certainly in need of no more music tonight. I managed 30 minutes of the closing act but appeared to be in some sort of twilight zone where the same song seemed to be interrupted by an applause and a pause and then was sung again. I Failed to see her amazing talent myself. And I know it’s not fashionable to comment on a persons appearance but I must just say that I’ve seen better legs on an oil rig. 

IMG_0197.jpeg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DavyWavey70 said:

I’m certainly in need of no more music tonight. I managed 30 minutes of the closing act but appeared to be in some sort of twilight zone where the same song seemed to be interrupted by an applause and a pause and then was sung again. I Failed to see her amazing talent myself. And I know it’s not fashionable to comment on a persons appearance but I must just say that I’ve seen better legs on an oil rig. 

IMG_0197.jpeg

Davey,

I have spent too much time trying to rationalise the irrational and have always failed.  On every front.  Irrationality will always defeat the rational because of the sheer volume or the irrationals.  And to stay rational you need to drink a bit more.

The one activity that cures it all is shrugging, lighting a cigar, pulling an espresso and then reaching for something with the effluence of incahol (Calvados will do) and listening to a Youtube of real music of people doing stuff they love.  

For example you don’t need to understand a word of French to enjoy a lovely French song.  If only I could reach for a Gitanes or Disque Bleu. Irrationally they have all disappeared. French men are evidently no longer wind-swept and interesting philosophers. 

Pull up a glass.

Jeff x

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

Davey,

I have spent too much time trying to rationalise the irrational and have always failed.  On every front.  Irrationality will always defeat the rational because of the sheer volume or the irrationals.  And to stay rational you need to drink a bit more.

The one activity that cures it all is shrugging, lighting a cigar, pulling an espresso and then reaching for something with the effluence of incahol (Calvados will do) and listening to a Youtube of real music of people doing stuff they love.  

For example you don’t need to understand a word of French to enjoy a lovely French song.  If only I could reach for a Gitanes or Disque Bleu. Irrationally they have all disappeared. French men are evidently no longer wind-swept and interesting philosophers. 

Pull up a glass.

Jeff x

That sounds lovely Jeff but I’m quite allergic to anything French, the only exceptions being Taittanger, Chateau de Tariquet and the produce of some of the better Epernay or Chablis Chateux. I Certainly couldn’t touch their cheese.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

Davey,

Pull up a glass.

Jeff x

Ah a bit of welcome French joie de vivre👍🏻

Remember Nouvelle Vague's take on all those eighties/New Wave songs, wrapping them up in a bossa nova vibe? Even adding a certain je ne sais quoi to one of the best love songs ever, Joy Division's love will tear us apart? Okay, rather Laaav will tear ös apaaaar😊

https://www.google.com/search?q=nouvelle+vague+live+youtube&client=safari&sca_esv=061523ac470032e4&hl=de&ei=1SWCZuP0IcuO9u8PwdygOA&oq=nouvelle+vague+live&gs_lp=EhNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwIhNub3V2ZWxsZSB2YWd1ZSBsaXZlKgIIAjIFEAAYgAQyBRAAGIAEMgYQABgWGB4yBhAAGBYYHjIGEAAYFhgeMgYQABgWGB4yBhAAGBYYHkjXb1DZD1iAYHACeACQAQGYAYICoAH5GKoBBzE3LjEzLjG4AQHIAQD4AQGYAiCgAqIawgIHEAAYsAMYHsICCxAAGIAEGLADGKIEwgICECnCAgcQIRigARgKwgIFECEYoAHCAgYQABgNGB7CAgQQIRgVwgIIEAAYFhgKGB7CAgUQIRifBcICBRAuGIAEwgIHEAAYgAQYE8ICCBAAGBMYFhgewgILEC4YgAQYxwEYrwGYAwCIBgGQBgKSBwcxOS4xMi4xoAef4QE&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:3972733e,vid:wCzLudn5G0g,st:0

https://www.google.com/search?q=love+will+tear+us+apart+nouvelle+vague&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=de&client=safari#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:5e874452,vid:l4efME9Vnlc,st:0

• Like 2

Good Morning Coolers,

some use to enjoy my weekly or so postings of Clarky’s columns in the Sunday Times.  I’ve posted the latest. Some people don’t like him which I understand.  I love his columns which are Cooler’ish in flavour.

If you enjoy them, then say so and I’ll post them when I rembember, but if no one is bothered - I’ll not.

Jeff

Welcome to the Clarkson Arms: yes, I’ve bought a pub (full of dead rats).
https://www.thetimes.com/article/bf696d80-a7f5-48ba-8c2e-eb4b864f1455?shareToken=f37c7072dcc09cbf2db797afe362c474

• Thanks 1

If all these famous people appearing at Glasto are rubbish, who would you think was worth having on, Jeff?  I did find with my not too brilliant TV sound, that for instance I could not hear anything Shania Twain was singing - is that what live performances are normally like, or can't she project her voice.  Naturally we are used to the perfection of infinitely processed recordings, but I have noticed that when for instance Simon and Garfunkel performed at concerts their voices sounded marvellous; so either Glasto has not got good quality sound going or just maybe most of these modern singers can't really sing?

P.S.  Clarkson's pub could be good, but is likely to be rubbished by some of the annoying columnists who are mainly giant egos.  

• Like 1

Thanks L,

People are really snobby about Clarky, because dumb people think he is dumb.  He is a highly intelligent journalist who is easily bored and plays dumb because it is easier.

Your idea for a great Glasto is a great idea and I’d like to give it some thought and post as I think of some. Hope others suggest some and we’ll make a virtual Glasto.   I think as a bit of licence might we include dead hero's as well? 

The first that jumped into my head for some reason i

Kid Creole and The Coconuts. There are better Youtubes but here’s an  eg

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

I could think of nothing worse than being at Glasto….maybe I’m too old but most of the acts this year I’d never heard of!

The place is too big and unless you’re right at the front you wouldn’t see a thing….and l agree the sound was dire.

Ticket prices are just ridiculous….and getting them is even worse…waiting for hours on line….l know…my kids do it!!

Then there’s the mayhem of attending with crowds of people pushing and shoving….that’s fun?

Tom Jones is playing tomorrow at our local Eistedfodd (sp)….l could have been tempted to go but not at £220 a ticket!

Jeff mentioned McCartney and Elton in an earlier post…iconic performers who get it right…The Stones…Jools Holland with various guests such as Beverly Knight as an example…

Yep…I’m getting old 🤨

S 😊

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lincslady said:

... I have noticed that when for instance Simon and Garfunkel performed at concerts their voices sounded marvellous... 

When S and G did their "Old Friends" tour (2003ish, I think) we saw them at the Koelnarena in Germany. They really were outstanding. That might well be the only concert at which I knew every word to every song. 

When people talk of the great singer/songwriters they talk (rightly) of Dylan, McCartney, Elton and so forth. Somewhere on the top 5 there must be a spot for Paul Simon. He can go from the gentlest tenderness to coruscating inventive all wrapped in the sweetest of melodies and pitch perfect arrangements. You don't have to be a flashy performer to be a genius! I'd also like to vote for Carol King. 

Edited by Tothesunset
  • Like 4

TTS,

Thanks.

Carol King has to be at the top of singer/songwriters.  She deserves it not because of her singing which is enthusiastic, but because of her extraordinary songwriting.  When I first realised that she had written stuff I had always presumed was composed before her time by others eg Up On The Roof, Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow, Take Good Care Of My Baby, It Might As Well Rain Until September, Go Away Little Girl, Chains, A Natural Woman, One Fine Day, I’m Into Something Good, I Can’t Stay Mad At You, The Locomotion, You’ve Got A Friend, etc etc I realised she had occupied a place way above all else.  And the3se are just a few that others made her compositions into hits. 

Instinctively Burt Bacharach might have been ahead but he is two ie with Hal David.  So you divide his score by two and therefore Carol wins on points. 

I don’t think she was the best singer of her own songs but her compositions musicality reigns supreme.  So, a contender for headlining act at CoolerGlasto has to be Carol King singing her own songs on  Pyramid Stage is a sublime submission.

🙂

Jeff

• Like 1