Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Hi folks, I thought the Opening Ceremony was fantastic🙂 Celene Dion was amazing. She has been going through alot of health issues and it was awesome to see her!

I know it rained but everyone seemed to have a wonderful time.

That previous post was an error. OOPS.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi folks, I thought the Opening Ceremony was fantastic🙂 Celene Dion was amazing. She has been going through alot of health issues and it was awesome to see her!

I know it rained but everyone seemed to have a wonderful time.

That previous post was an error. OOPS.

I like it very much!

• Like 1

My first thought was the irony of them putting all of those people on small boats, something they do very well at already. My second thoughts turned to the wokeness of it all until I got distracted by the dyspraxic pony galloping / trotting / lumbering / lurching / lolloping along the Seine. It moved like my Bertie but he has an excuse. It was very distracting. Gaga was superb and Celine Dion was radiant, especially after everything she’s been going through. Everything else in between the first and last few minutes was a little incomprehensible. It was all very French. I Don’t think our skydiving Queen at an opening ceremony will ever be bettered, just like our cheese. 

IMG_0220.jpeg

Edited by DavyWavey70
  • Like 8

53 minutes ago, DavyWavey70 said:

I don’t think our skydiving Queen at an opening ceremony will ever be bettered, just like our cheese.

Agree, although the French make some good cheese too.  But nothing to top Stilton.

As to the rail sabotage, could it have been Michelle of the Resistance???  [notice that I said that only wahnse]

16 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Agree, although the French make some good cheese too.  But nothing to top Stilton.

As to the rail sabotage, could it have been Michelle of the Resistance???  [notice that I said that only wahnse]

It’s a good day for selling the chises. Whatamistakatomaka. It is I leClerre 

One of my recently discovered enjoyments in life, the incredible Grunhild Carling with her utterly irreverent take on life. It’s a slight Russian Roulette but I so hope to see her with Scott Bradlees Post Modern Jukebox in April 25. I’ve bagged mid front row tickets for the opening night of their uk tour on St George's day at the Royal Albert hall. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DavyWavey70 said:

One of my recently discovered enjoyments in life, the incredible Grunhild Carling with her utterly irreverent take on life. It’s a slight Russian Roulette but I so hope to see her with Scott Bradlees Post Modern Jukebox in April 25. I’ve bagged mid front row tickets for the opening night of their uk tour on St George's day at the Royal Albert hall. 

It’s great you’ve bagged those seats as it will give you a great experience.

A relative of mine was Harry Pitch.  He played with his band (he called it orchestra) at my 13th Birthday Party and he is considered a great harmonica player possibly one of the best. He played on Last of The Summer Wine and other stuff. 

Jeff

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Pitch

There’s a fair amount of him on youtube … eg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

4 minutes ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

It’s great you’ve bagged those seats as it will give you a great experience.

A relative of mine was Harry Pitch.  He played with his band (he called it orchestra) at my 13th Birthday Party and he is considered a great harmonica player possibly one of the best. He played on Last of The Summer Wine and other stuff. 

Jeff

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Pitch

TBH I hated London at the end and have avoided it ever since. I’ve only ever passed through in a hurry en route to Heathrow. I Think we might take a night at the Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park for one night and then a night in Charlie Chaplains suite at the Savoy where I had afternoon tea with my mother many happy years ago. Lunch at Wonkies is a must. It’s a shame the Savoy don’t offer the pre&post theatre dinners like they used to in the grill. Starter and main in the Grill pre and dessert and coffee in the Thames Foyer post. I’ll sort it out in time.

3 minutes ago, DavyWavey70 said:

TBH I hated London at the end and have avoided it ever since. I’ve only ever passed through in a hurry en route to Heathrow. I Think we might take a night at the Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park for one night and then a night in Charlie Chaplains suite at the Savoy where I had afternoon tea with my mother many happy years ago. Lunch at Wonkies is a must. It’s a shame the Savoy don’t offer the pre&post theatre dinners like they used to in the grill. Starter and main in the Grill pre and dessert and coffee in the Thames Foyer post. I’ll sort it out in time.

I have fears whenever I return to London, which is now increasingly rare.

It’s probably just me, but when I was a Londoner I felt a sort of ownership.  And I lived where Barbican now is when it was all bomb site and stayed in London until long after we got married.  I’d walk from Whitecross Street to The South Bank as a kid on a sunny Sunday morning and rarely see a car or other person.  London was a quiet place on an early Sunday summer’s morning.

I think I’m scared of the monumental scale and rate of change.  

Sometimes you want stuff to simply be where you left it and don’t want to be confronted with change.  It’s best not to have the memories compromised by new reality.  I feel that about Singapore, Vienna, Nice, etc etc. and of course my much loved Soho.

I guess I’m condemned to be imprisoned by that fear 

Jeff

• Like 1

@Daveywavey70 thank you so much for the 'Allo, 'Allo documentary.  I started watching it and the next thing I knew my DW was standing at my shoulder – we both know every catchphrase and loved seeing the behind-the-scenes stuff.  There were even a couple of episodes that we don't recall having seen before – I don't think they made it on to the US DVD set.  Whenever our son got sick he would binge-watch it until he felt better.  And I can't look for those missing episodes now because our daughter has 'borrowed' the set.  So with us, it's a family affair!

That and Are You Being Served?  "Are you free?"

10 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

@Daveywavey70 thank you so much for the 'Allo, 'Allo documentary.  I started watching it and the next thing I knew my DW was standing at my shoulder – we both know every catchphrase and loved seeing the behind-the-scenes stuff.  There were even a couple of episodes that we don't recall having seen before – I don't think they made it on to the US DVD set.  Whenever our son got sick he would binge-watch it until he felt better.  And I can't look for those missing episodes now because our daughter has 'borrowed' the set.  So with us, it's a family affair!

That and Are You Being Served?  "Are you free?"

HJB I’m afraid my pussy is otherwise engaged. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MissSophia said:

Lunch destination today at one of my favourites….set in a quaint little hamlet on the banks of the River Dee 😊

IMG_1844.jpeg

IMG_1845.jpeg

Have a wonderful time at the Boat MissSophia. It's lovely there but a long time since Ive been. 

• Like 1