Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

2 hours ago, MissSophia said:

Delicious lunch …ham hock and mustard pie, Parmesan mash, baby leeks….😊

IMG_3142.jpeg

Hi Sophia, looks delicious!  I went out for lunch today and was going to take a photo but ended up starting to eat before I remembered LOL..........I

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sophia, looks delicious!  I went out for lunch today and was going to take a photo but ended up starting to eat before I remembered LOL..........I

I can identify with that too Lois…..hope your lunch was a good as mine! 😊

19 minutes ago, MissSophia said:

I can identify with that too Lois…..hope your lunch was a good as mine! 😊

It was delicious....it was a burger that was made with half bison and half sausage.....very flavorful. Had cheese, guacamole and tomato....with an over medium egg on top with a side of fingerling potatoes......and a Bloody Mary. It was on a brunch menu. 

• Like 5

Take a week off and look at what's been happening on the cooler!

We had a wonderful land trip.  Along with visiting my 2 brothers in various states, we went to Provincetown Massachusetts on Cape Cod for 4 days; stayed at an AirBnB.  I had the best lobster roll of my life there!  Really a fun place.  We took a whale watching cruise that was quite successful.  Like Lois at dinner, I was so enthralled I failed to take any pictures but my wife took a few:

image.thumb.png.d7f30c1c9f9251afc05b375213ee044e.png

Unrelated to the above, we're booked on a river cruise "Dutch Waterways" next year that ends in Antwerp.  Any thoughts on how to fly out of that city?

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Take a week off and look at what's been happening on the cooler!

We had a wonderful land trip.  Along with visiting my 2 brothers in various states, we went to Provincetown Massachusetts on Cape Cod for 4 days; stayed at an AirBnB.  I had the best lobster roll of my life there!  Really a fun place.  We took a whale watching cruise that was quite successful.  Like Lois at dinner, I was so enthralled I failed to take any pictures but my wife took a few:

image.thumb.png.d7f30c1c9f9251afc05b375213ee044e.png

Unrelated to the above, we're booked on a river cruise "Dutch Waterways" next year that ends in Antwerp.  Any thoughts on how to fly out of that city?

It’s Brussels.  If you have a chance in Amsterdam then a rijstaffel is a an absolute must if you are so inclined.  

I’ve taken my whole family to Amsterdam just for a day just so we could have one together.

Enjoy your trip.

Jeff

• Thanks 1

Here is Falcon. He is pretty gorgeous. His tail is so full and fluffy!  His mother was a rescued feral cat that took extremely well to domesticity. As did young Falcon, now 2 years old.

IMG_0099.thumb.jpeg.a958bceaf82c40931a5bd9890df8b7b0.jpeg

• Like 10

Gorgeous cat!  My son's cat wakes him up at 6 a.m.by swishing her tail over his face;  Falcon would certainly be good at that job.  She sleeps at the bottom of their huge bed and when his  dear wife gets up make morning tea she thinks she needs to wake him up.

Mysty, looking forward to news of your special dinner last night.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

Gorgeous cat!  My son's cat wakes him up at 6 a.m.by swishing her tail over his face;  Falcon would certainly be good at that job.  She sleeps at the bottom of their huge bed and when his  dear wife gets up make morning tea she thinks she needs to wake him up.

Mysty, looking forward to news of your special dinner last night.

Thank you Lola!  I'll get the photos from Myster's phone.   It was amazing!  😁

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Falcon is so foofy and fluffy. A gorgeous cat! Those eyes, that tail, juts

Spoken from an admiring cat lady.

Hi Spins….seems an age ago now since we met on that crossing….do hope you and Mr Spins are keeping well….have you still got a four paws canine? 😊

• Like 1

Our dinner at Black Tartan Kitchen last night was awesome!  Here are the photos with the crossword answers.....

1. Gazpacho (with jalapeno)

gazsm.jpg.dcc26bbc22f8195fd440ba3a740555d0.jpg

2. Schnitzel (with whisky sauce)

schsm.jpg.26b84061003335141c8284eefcf2b018.jpg

3. Cornish Hen

cornsm.jpg.2c169e04308aa12d940ad20b2fa75709.jpg

4. Watermelon (salad)

watersm.jpg.64afeaeb5cd6c4f4d2dad9a71e0f75d5.jpg

5. Steer

steersm.jpg.be7453f3b3029625d3bd36452ff42204.jpg

6. Pretzel

pretzsm.jpg.05ca91e0f1ff782b024962f5971b1bb7.jpg

7. Berry

berrysm.jpg.7ab7b6985eb0d1fa1fe790e466697755.jpg

Lots of "z's" on the menu and they were all spectacular!

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, MissSophia said:

Hi Spins….seems an age ago now since we met on that crossing….do hope you and Mr Spins are keeping well….have you still got a four paws canine? 😊

Thanks for asking.

Eloise crossed the rainbow bridge a few years ago. I do miss her every day. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, spinnaker2 said:

Thanks for asking.

Eloise crossed the rainbow bridge a few years ago. I do miss her every day. 

So sorry to hear that….it’s just heartbreaking…my little fella is now 11 but still going strong….l dread the day when l have to face it 😊

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mysty said:

Our dinner at Black Tartan Kitchen last night was awesome!  Here are the photos with the crossword answers.....

1. Gazpacho (with jalapeno)

gazsm.jpg.dcc26bbc22f8195fd440ba3a740555d0.jpg

2. Schnitzel (with whisky sauce)

schsm.jpg.26b84061003335141c8284eefcf2b018.jpg

3. Cornish Hen

cornsm.jpg.2c169e04308aa12d940ad20b2fa75709.jpg

4. Watermelon (salad)

watersm.jpg.64afeaeb5cd6c4f4d2dad9a71e0f75d5.jpg

5. Steer

steersm.jpg.be7453f3b3029625d3bd36452ff42204.jpg

6. Pretzel

pretzsm.jpg.05ca91e0f1ff782b024962f5971b1bb7.jpg

7. Berry

berrysm.jpg.7ab7b6985eb0d1fa1fe790e466697755.jpg

Lots of "z's" on the menu and they were all spectacular!

Hi Mysty, everything looks so good......may I ask what is the picture just above the last one?

It looks like an ice cream sandwich......am I seeing that correctly?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Mysty, everything looks so good......may I ask what is the picture just above the last one?

It looks like an ice cream sandwich......am I seeing that correctly?

The filling was cheesy.  The bread was pretzel bread.  Yummy!

Edited by mysty

1 minute ago, mysty said:

That is basically what it was.  The bread was pretzel bread.  Yummy!

Oh wow....sounds interesting!...the saltiness of pretzel bread with the sweetness of ice cream😃

• Like 1

Lovely looking food as always, mysty - and looks like a different wine/drink with every course, obviously specially chosen.  For my next birthday  I have been asked what I would like, and not needing any presents I am hoping to be taken to a top class restaurant for their tasting menu, with the wine flight to go with it.  I know they ask beforehand if you have any allergies, and do something different for you, so no problems there.  Nicer now for me to have experiences to remember, rather than jewellery, scarves, perfume etc. which I have more than enough of.  I bet many of you feel the same.

Lovely weather here for the past few days - not like poor old Paris, though it is good there now.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Lovely looking food as always, mysty - and looks like a different wine/drink with every course, obviously specially chosen.  For my next birthday  I have been asked what I would like, and not needing any presents I am hoping to be taken to a top class restaurant for their tasting menu, with the wine flight to go with it.  I know they ask beforehand if you have any allergies, and do something different for you, so no problems there.  Nicer now for me to have experiences to remember, rather than jewellery, scarves, perfume etc. which I have more than enough of.  I bet many of you feel the same.

Lovely weather here for the past few days - not like poor old Paris, though it is good there now.

The tasting menu has an optional wine pairing.  For this adventure there were 7 glasses of wonder.  The last one was port.  There was a Gruner from Germany that was soooo good!  The wine pairings are why we walk to the restaurant.   So far we've both made it home in one piece. 😅

• Like 5
  • Haha 4