Internet Pricing

After many searches on this forum and two phone calls with different answers to the C&A desk, I still am not sure of the best way to purchase an Internet Surf & Stream package. The most confident-sounding answer was to buy the 2-device week package pre-cruise with a 20% discount and once onboard go to Guest Services to get a $39.98 Diamond Plus refund. The C&A rep said my D+ husband can also get a refund -- on the same package! Sounds too generous to be true. Does anyone who has sailed recently as D+ and bought an Internet package have a real answer from personal experience for me? Thanks.

After many searches on this forum and two phone calls with different answers to the C&A desk, I still am not sure of the best way to purchase an Internet Surf & Stream package. The most confident-sounding answer was to buy the 2-device week package pre-cruise with a 20% discount and once onboard go to Guest Services to get a $39.98 Diamond Plus refund. The C&A rep said my D+ husband can also get a refund -- on the same package! Sounds too generous to be true. Does anyone who has sailed recently as D+ and bought an Internet package have a real answer from personal experience for me? Thanks.

Unfortunately, it not surprisingly you were given incorrect information.

C&A discounts are for on board prices only and cannot be used against purchases made through the cruise planner ahead of time.

The on board prices are higher than through the cruise planner.

Also p, do you really need the 2 device package. You only need this if you need to have 2 devices connected at the same time. With the one device packagevyou can have any number of different devices connected but only one at a time.

Plus, if you can get by with only one device at a time, what is likely the cheapest option is to use one of your D+ coupons to get your two free 24 hour periods, then use the other D+ coupon to buy all remaining days. FYI, the discount is the equivilent of two 24 hour periods which I believe now is $22 per 24 hour period or $44 discount, that may or may not equal 20%.

I always book my internet before the cruise, then use my D+ discount for a second device once on board for the 2 days.

I was told once too, that you can get the 20% discount off, once you are on board. No way....I'm glad I found out here on the boards before we went on the cruise. I just got internet for 2 cruises for $12.59 per day. I had one booked at $14.59 a day, then cancelled it and re-booked it and got my money back on the one I cancelled. I have paid $10.59 already when they had a sale, but don't think they have it at that price anymore.

Gwen :D

I do not qualify for any C&A discounts, but my upcoming cruise was $12.59/day for one device. Obviously this varies from sailing to sailing. I caught it on sale, at the moment it's $15.99/day.

Not sure what's the better deal for you, $12.59/day or paying onboard with your discount, but hopefully this info helps.