Fastastica drink vouchers

Rjh8842

Looking at a cruise for fall 2019. My sister may go with me. If does she would be interested in alcohol. For one of the cruises I am looking at I see that the fantasica package would be $40 per person. Currently that comes with 12 drink vouchers. However in the fine print it says this in only until march 2019. Does anyone have any idea what it will be changed to? I do not want to spend my money unless I know what we are getting.

Looking at a cruise for fall 2019. My sister may go with me. If does she would be interested in alcohol. For one of the cruises I am looking at I see that the fantasica package would be $40 per person. Currently that comes with 12 drink vouchers. However in the fine print it says this in only until march 2019. Does anyone have any idea what it will be changed to? I do not want to spend my money unless I know what we are getting.

Read there web site and it tells you.

Where? All their site says is what the poster mentioned as well as that if you booked under drinks on us you don't get the vouchers.

Nowhere does it say what happens after Mar. 2019, and drinks on us isn't available on all sailings. If it does please share because I've been watching this for a few months and haven't seen anything, especially with regards to our Greek Isle cruise.

For all we know, we're either getting stiffed aka nothing or as I mentioned they might introduce something else in it's place.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

Where? All their site says is what the poster mentioned as well as that if you booked under drinks on us you don't get the vouchers.

Nowhere does it say what happens after Mar. 2019, and drinks on us isn't available on all sailings. If it does please share because I've been watching this for a few months and haven't seen anything, especially with regards to our Greek Isle cruise.

For all we know, we're either getting stiffed aka nothing or as I mentioned they might introduce something else in it's place.

I'd also like to know where on the site it tells you.

I'm booked for April 2019 in the Med and I can't find anything that says what is replacing the vouchers.

When I first booked it had the vouchers listed on my booking, now they are gone and nothing has replaced them.

I think the website only lists included drinks packages for Caribbean cruises, not Mediterranean or Northern Europe ones after March 2019. It will be interesting to see if MSC replaces the vouchers with a drinks promo, and if that promo is added to any cruises booked before they announce what will replace vouchers (if anything).

OP got as good an answer as is possible on the first response. The question has been asked many times and the information is easy to find with a quick search. Riclop posts on many boards, not just MSC.

Sensible people would ring either MSC or their Travel Agent if no one had an answer ... :rolleyes:
Yes, but the response my TA got while we were on the line with MSC was that they didn't have any information on what they would be replaced with.

Yes, but the response my TA got while we were on the line with MSC was that they didn't have any information on what they would be replaced with.

It sounds like the management of the US office need to up their game and do what the UK office do which is contact either Italy or Switzerland for an answer, giving out the answer they have is not acceptable. Your TA will have an account manager at MSC who can get the answer from those above.

It sounds like the management of the US office need to up their game and do what the UK office do which is contact either Italy or Switzerland for an answer, giving out the answer they have is not acceptable. Your TA will have an account manager at MSC who can get the answer from those above.
Agreed, I haven't been overly impressed with the US MSC staff either when I reached out to them directly or while on a conf. call with my TA. That said, our sailing is well after the Mar 2019 ending of the vouchers that I can afford to wait.

Agreed, if you post a reasonable question here you're first reply is almost guaranteed to be a useless smart arse reply.

I've pretty much given up on trying to gain knowledge from seasoned MSC cruisers. Some days I think they've all left.

You can't expect seasoned MSC cruisers to have foreknowledge of a policy that even MSC hasn't introduced, yet.

I also don't agree with your assertion that "you're (sic) first reply is almost guaranteed to be a useless smart arse reply". This is an insult to those who respond to OPs with helpful answers - sometimes going unacknowledged, too! There are very few regulars on here who have been answering the same questions over and over. Perhaps you might take up the baton when you've cruised some on MSC and assist with your newly gained knowledge.

Here you have the answer... MSC did not even know at this point of time.

Common sense is that the vouchers will be replaced with an offer equal or better than the 12-drink-voucher.

MSC will not take away an item which is part of the reservation without replacement. It happened with the internet package not long ago. The "old" internet package was replaced by 2 new packages and passengers with the "old" package in their reservation got upgraded to the smallest new package with more data.

I am sailing on the Seaview May 18, 2019, for 7 days from Barcelona, it specifically said after March 2019, that 12 drink package will not be offered, no where at all does it say they are going to replace it with anything, I do not know what to expect, as TA said there is no info on it as of yet....Very frustrating.....

We are booked for Fall 2019 as well:

Departure Date 10.12.2019 Embarkation PortMiami, Florida

We have the "drinks on us" package included:

Enjoy the following complimentary services with your Experience:

All-Inclusive Cruise

You selected the BALCONY STATEROOM with the FANTASTICA EXPERIENCE

for a price of $ 839 per person

DRINKS ON USComplimentary selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Enjoy a selection of bottled and draft beers, wines by the glass, house brands of vodka, rum, gin, whiskey, and non-alcoholic beverages for the duration of your cruise. Kids’ equivalent package includes complimentary unlimited soda bottled fruit juice and bottled water. Restrictions apply.

Sensible people would ring either MSC or their Travel Agent if no one had an answer ... :rolleyes:

Actually, when I was booking our cruise last week, the MSC rep advised me the 12 vouchers were going away and the "drinks on us" package would be the same as the classic package. He had no idea what he was talking about, so calling MSC doesn't get the correct answer. :(